Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?

Old 02-09-2008, 03:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?

It's not a matter of being greedy at all. Any smart business person would agree that you have to maximize your profits no matter what you are selling.

Day 1, BA means "pending order" meaning it may or may not get built. All orders go straight into a "BA" status as soon as they are ordered then as the accept orders they change. They will not know till it hits a "C" or "D" status. You may want to call and check on it and see were it is. If it is in a "BG" or a "BX" status then they will not see it this year. Only the Challengers in a "C" status are the one's that are getting built this year.

6 speed manual in a SRT 8? Haven't heard that plan yet but go ahead and keep that dream alive.

Tupperware, Please do pass the idiot comment along to your dealer and by the way let them know, I am willing to pay $10k over as a dealer just to have them divert it to me. And who cares what trucking company they own, what in the hell does that have to do with the Challenger? I know good and well they don't own the trucks that drop my cars off.
Old 02-09-2008, 03:43 PM

ORIGINAL: Richardlarson

It's not a matter of being greedy at all. Any smart business person would agree that you have to maximize your profits no matter what you are selling.

Day 1, BA means "pending order" meaning it may or may not get built. All orders go straight into a "BA" status as soon as they are ordered then as the accept orders they change. They will not know till it hits a "C" or "D" status. You may want to call and check on it and see were it is. If it is in a "BG" or a "BX" status then they will not see it this year. Only the Challengers in a "C" status are the one's that are getting built this year.

6 speed manual in a SRT 8? Haven't heard that plan yet but go ahead and keep that dream alive.

Tupperware, Please do pass the idiot comment along to your dealer and by the way let them know, I am willing to pay $10k over as a dealer just to have them divert it to me. And who cares what trucking company they own, what in the hell does that have to do with the Challenger? I know good and well they don't own the trucks that drop my cars off.
www.cassens.com or www.cassens.com/transport/terminallocations.htm

Old 02-09-2008, 07:25 PM

i am a dealer in Houston with 15 Challengers coming in.

What you say is 100% correct regarding the BA, BX, & BG orders.

Chrysler is done scheduling 08 Challengers. They must be in C status or better to be built.

The 09 SRT is more than a year a way and there is no word on a bigger motor or manual transmission.

Good luck.

Old 02-09-2008, 07:31 PM

Are they all sold??

ORIGINAL: jeepseller

i am a dealer in Houston with 15 Challengers coming in.

What you say is 100% correct regarding the BA, BX, & BG orders.

Chrysler is done scheduling 08 Challengers. They must be in C status or better to be built.

The 09 SRT is more than a year a way and there is no word on a bigger motor or manual transmission.

Good luck.

Old 02-09-2008, 08:10 PM

Where does the more than a year away for the 09 models come from?

That sounds like closer timing to the 10 models and rumor is a convertable and big engine which is on top of the manual that will be made available in 09.

When is Dodge going to give us more decisive info to hang our hats on?

I figure they want to sell cars, not delay with indecisiveness pushing potential customers to the competition.

It's crap like this that pushes our manufacturing (or at least the profits of manufacturing) overseas.

Make them and sell tham while people want them!!

Eric
Old 02-10-2008, 04:11 AM

you plan on painting the roof of the car a different shade of black
Old 02-10-2008, 06:31 AM

My wife has an Orange one on order with the radio option. My dealer gets one and they constantly get calls from other dealers that are willing to pay them 5-10,000 over sticker. I hope everyone gets the deal that they have been promised but I can tell you with the Shebly GT 500's it started off this way but when the cars came in MSRP was long forgotten and the dealers had to at least get market value for them.

Good luck to everyone!

Jody
Old 02-10-2008, 06:38 AM
Super Moderator

Overpowered, well stated. Why create white hot demand and then not strike when the iron is hot? Talk about a tactic in anti-marketing effectiveness?

As for RichardLarson, you speak/write with the certainty of one with an omniscient collection of wisdom.

I am confident in my knowledge, but the more I have lent conjecture and absolutes "to the way things work in the world", the more knowledge I have amassed as to how I understand how little anyone really knows anything.

I look at your statements, and I gain happiness and inspiration for and from you, you're potential for gaining additional knowledge seems almost without end.

Wrap your head around that one; and lighten up Francis, we're friends here exchanging views and opinions and conjecture; and unless, you've got pictures and affidavits try to govern your unabashed decrees of "how things, ALL THINGS, work in the world"

Welcome aboard, and write nice(ly).

Old 02-10-2008, 06:39 AM

call me have 1 in c status black loaded consider selling it 772 370 2499
Old 02-10-2008, 03:52 PM

Its funny people bought the 2005 Mustang Gts at $4000-$10,000 above Msrp when they first came out....
Now they are crying that you can get a 2008 Stang GT at INVOICE....
I waited till sept of 2005 so I could get a New 2006 Stang Gt at invoice,,,,the Stang Gt was still pretty rare
with V8 at that time......
I think there will be many 2009 Challengers in Sept of 2008,,,I am sure you will be
able to get a Hemi RT at Invoice if you want to look around....Thats what I am going to dooooo.

Quick Reply: Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?