Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?

Old 02-18-2008, 11:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?

Well I still think that dealers are trying to " controll supply and increase demand " by some of the new info I've received via dealers calling with offers on , get this! " opportunities to get on a list to buy a SRT* Challenger. please read thru this: .....

I have to agree to a few on this thread that there is an awful lot of BS going on. Mostly by the dealeships and some from a few on here. I refuse to believe anything I read on here any more untill someone tells me that they have thier new Challenger at home and offers me a look at it and thier sales contract. Why , you may ask, well I have spent endless hours during the last 3 months try to get any concrete info on this car about ordering or buying one. I litterly visited 11 dealers and contacted 18 others by phone and E-mail and the only thing for sure that I know at this time is the following: Most dealers are NOT obeying Chryslers edict that" They will only accept orders with real customers names and with real addresses" , but are apparenttly ordering them with your name and address or a ficticious name and address to get the car in their hands to sell to the highest bidder on thier list of Challenger customers. You ask how or why do I think this ? Because now I've gotten several calls from the dealers who originally said they didn't know how many Challengers they were getting alloted, or what the selling price would be , or asked a ridiculous price over MSRP with a large non-refundable deposit, now offering me the " opportunity" to put $1,000 down to get on the list to buy a 2008 SRT8 Challenger that they are getting in soon to the highest bidder.
The other thing that I'm sure of is that all the dealers are sure they are not only going to get, but pricing these cars at a Min of $5,000 to a Max of $20,000 over msrp. Thats what I was told by all 29 dealers in the NJ, NY, Penna area. So I will not believe anything else untill I actually see it in someones hands and only ask that all of you be very cautious in what your told by these totally price gouging, greedy dealerships, in my area especially. I'll finish by saying this , I'm totally sure that somewhere across America there are a few honest, trustworthy, ungreedy dealers willing or actually selling these cars for MSRP or maybe $1,000 over MSRP which I have offered to the dealers that I contacted . At last I have also been told when I told these dealers that I would wait for the 2009 Challengers that they would carry a premium price also based on the law of supply and demand.So be cautious everyone and lets see what washes out!
[:@][&:]
Old 02-18-2008, 12:40 PM

I agree that not everything you read on this forum has been dependable but you must remember that real information was not forthcoming from Chrysler, so we were all speculating to a large degree. Some supposed salespeople came on here and acted like they knew what they were talking about, but from what I could tell they didn't know anymore than anyone else.

To address your other point about dealers using real peoples names to get cars let me say this, I have a car in "C" status with a VON #, my name and address and a reference number for my account from Chrysler. If I don't get my car and find out that it was built, sent to my dealer under my name, and sold to someone else, I believe I will have legal recourse, so I'm not worrying about it. If the dealers up east are playing the X$ over invoice I would start checking around because not all dealers are doing this. Find one, buy it, and get a nice road trip to drive your new Challenger back home.

Good luck to you and I hope you find what you are looking for.
Old 02-18-2008, 01:07 PM

Hey,thanks RRunner , I may just do that but at this point with a 3 state or Tri state search and no success I'm wondering how far away must I search or go? Take a vacation to drive it home?....LOL. Alternative would be to wait a few months for the 2009 Challengers to open for ordering or sale and see what happens at that time. I've already had 2 dealers tell me that even then the Challengers will sell at a preium over MSRP! ARGHHHhhhhhhhhhhh In any case I will still buy one somewhere , somehow because I really do think the car is awesome and it will be my last muscle type car to hand down to my grandson or great grandson. Thanks again and good luck to you and all the other members.
Old 02-18-2008, 04:26 PM

To get a challenger at MSRP
you will need to look where the economy is bad...
there are a few states that are like this........JT
Old 02-18-2008, 04:44 PM

Look also for dealers who have a NO additional mark up over MSRP policy... there are some out there. Cheers!
Old 02-19-2008, 08:04 AM

I was the first order at my dodge dealer .I have a von and a C status last time I checked . I had to give 5K over MSRP .Cant wait to srive it .
Old 02-20-2008, 12:02 PM

I checked with the dealership on Monday and sales rep showed me the order sheet. This dealership had 14 orders for the challenger, 8 have a C status. Fortunately, one of them is my order. However, although I was originally told that they will "probably" sell at msrp", I am now getting whatever fair market brings type of line, maybe. What was interesting was the color mix in orders, 10 cars were orderded in black, 3 in orange and one silver.

My hunch is it won't be msrp and I will wait a year for the 2009 model.
Old 02-20-2008, 12:53 PM

ORIGINAL: Michaelgggg

I checked with the dealership on Monday and sales rep showed me the order sheet. This dealership had 14 orders for the challenger, 8 have a C status. Fortunately, one of them is my order. However, although I was originally told that they will "probably" sell at msrp", I am now getting whatever fair market brings type of line, maybe. What was interesting was the color mix in orders, 10 cars were orderded in black, 3 in orange and one silver.

My hunch is it won't be msrp and I will wait a year for the 2009 model.
I'd venture to say that the 6 not with a "C" status will not be built as 2008's. If you don't have a contract stating the price you are at their mercy. If the price is much over MSRP I would do what you plan to do...wait. Good Luck.

I am glad to hear lots of people are ordering black because I'm getting orange.
Old 02-20-2008, 04:57 PM

Sense my order mine has been moved to status C. The price that was given to me was MSRP and I have it on paper, but the last thing on the page in small print is "prices shown are for information purposes only and are subject to change or correction without prior notice." If the dealer decides to change the price I will NOT buy the challenger. It may make me so mad that it could push me to another brand. Everyones' posts are not exactly getting my hopes up about getting the car.

But, if you are a dealer on this site please read this: I could be your customer. If you start to change your previously negotiated deal, not only will you loose a sale, you will also miss an oprotunity to sell me parts(higher mark-up than cars) cause I now will be in the market for a name brand you don't sell. If you've called other dealers idiots for not marking up the price of the challenger, well guess what. I may be buying another automobile and parts from an idiot........for years to come.
Old 02-21-2008, 05:21 AM

ordered my chally in hugger pearl - no status or code
paid list price - msrp -
and i think it was said here .. ??
price gouging is illegal here in canada

...thank god i am canadian

Quick Reply: Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?