Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?

Old 04-23-2008, 11:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?

RR,

I believe what is going on, is what I posted earlier, the first cars off the line goes to ceo's or engineers for durability test and quality control prior to mass producing. That makes perfect sense with the guy posting there on the assembly line, the guy that posted 2 challengers in one day. The challenger with the red kill switch is a reliability test car, the kill switch is there in case of an emergency with the written program, due all cars nowadays are controlled by a computer. As you say they may be producing them and storing on a lot but I doubt that due to the status reverting back especially the D1's. So I feel it will be another week or so befroe the production lines get cranked up. I wish I was wrong but this is the only thing that makes sense. Look out for the mandatory 2 week vacation in July. I believe some of the early badge numbers will be looking at a late May delivery at best. Most of us the original D folks will more than likely see their cars in June. It's starting to look a lot like Christmas!
Old 04-23-2008, 11:30 AM

Supports what my dealer told me..

ORIGINAL: 70sguy

RR,

I believe what is going on, is what I posted earlier, the first cars off the line goes to ceo's or engineers for durability test and quality control prior to mass producing. That makes perfect sense with the guy posting there on the assembly line, the guy that posted 2 challengers in one day. The challenger with the red kill switch is a reliability test car, the kill switch is there in case of an emergency with the written program, due all cars nowadays are controlled by a computer. As you say they may be producing them and storing on a lot but I doubt that due to the status reverting back especially the D1's. So I feel it will be another week or so befroe the production lines get cranked up. I wish I was wrong but this is the only thing that makes sense. Look out for the mandatory 2 week vacation in July. I believe some of the early badge numbers will be looking at a late May delivery at best. Most of us the original D folks will more than likely see their cars in June. It's starting to look a lot like Christmas!
Old 04-23-2008, 01:25 PM

I would like to know who has the low vin and who has the highest. I went to my dealer today and I'm still in "C", but i have a vin that seems to be higher than most of you guy that post. I'm just wondering.

vin# 302024
ordered 12/10
Old 04-23-2008, 01:37 PM

Vino, your VIN # is very high. Most with the lower numbers are 289XXX or 290XXX. the lowest VIN on the board is 289134 I believe. Mine is 290XXX and I am D status.
ORIGINAL: vino

I would like to know who has the low vin and who has the highest. I went to my dealer today and I'm still in "C", but i have a vin that seems to be higher than most of you guy that post. I'm just wondering.

vin# 302024
ordered 12/10
Old 04-23-2008, 01:49 PM

Vin 300590 here and I have been in and out of D status twice. Waiting on Silver.....

This car was ordered at 11:25am on Dec 3rd

Strange that we have 12,890 numbers between the lowest and highest vin in this thread???
Old 04-23-2008, 02:01 PM

rrunner, my '70 Roadrunner (orange, 440) has been borrowed for the past 10 proms by several different kids and my neighbor kid was going to take the Challenger this year if it ever gets here. I think alot of folks need to lighten up a little. The new Challenger isn't produced in such limited quantities as to put on a shelf, it's made to use, enjoy and drive. If price is the problem for buyers, then just wait a couple years to buy one. I hope people don't let the car own them by over extending the budget.
My dealer support just flat sucks, even though I've had money deposited for 2 years and an agreed upon formula for the price, and the car is VINd and in line in my name, I can see getting the shaftola from him anyway.
Old 04-23-2008, 05:35 PM

Challenger officaily sold out!
http://www.leftlanenews.com/2008-dod...-sold-out.html
Old 04-23-2008, 06:09 PM

HELL 4300 THE FIRST THREE DAYS I'M SURPRISED IT DIDN'T SELL IN THREE HOURS.ALL MY BUDDIES TALKED ABOUT IT FOR TWO YEARS.i WAS THE ONLY ONE OF THEM THAT ORDERED ON THE FIRST DAY.STILL GOT A HIGH VIN. BUT STILL HOPING THAT IT WILL BE MINE SOON. MY DEALER IS LITTLE HELP,I NEW I HAD A VIN BEFORE HIM, THEN HE TELLS ME THAT IT WAS GOING TO BE A SURPRISE. ANYWAY,EVERYTHING I HAVE BEEN READING HERE HAS HELPED ME CLARIFY A LOT OF RUMORS I HAVE HEARD, HAPPY TO SEE THAT I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE READY TO SEE THAT HONEY SITTING IN MY DRIVEWAY, OR SHOULD I SAY IN OUR DRIVEWAYS. WAS TO YOUNG FOR THE 70'S MODEL BUT IT HAS ROLLED AROUND FOR US AGAIN
Old 04-23-2008, 09:02 PM

HELLO TO ALL ---YES MY SHIP DATE WAS ORIGINALLY 4-24 THEN CHANGED TO 4-22 IT WENT TO D1 THEN TO D STATUS ..I JUST CHECKED AGAIN
IT HAS NOT CHANGED... I WAS TOLD WHEN IT TAKES 24 HRS TO SHOW IF IT ACTUALLY SHIPPED...I WILL CHECK AGAIN TOMARROW
HURRY UP CHRYSLER GET YOUR......IN GEAR, WE CANT STAND THE WAIT....TALK TO YOU SOON JOANI
Old 04-24-2008, 05:05 AM

My dealer said my car is still at c status because its does not have a sun roof or a nav. Can anyone shead some light on this? Are all the d-d1 cars on here loaded?

Quick Reply: Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?