Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?

Old 02-10-2008, 06:17 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?

That's encouraging. I'll look at that time. I intend to buy in mid 09 because that's when I expect the price to be where it should; if it's earlier...WATCH OUT!

Old 02-11-2008, 04:44 AM

I would guess if something similar happened with Challenger R/T vs. GT Mustang then the second year of production you may be able to get an R/T discounted some as the '06 mentioned before was the second year but they did increase production on the GT for the second year. Time will tell.

Jody
Old 02-11-2008, 07:29 AM

i don't think you wil see any deals on R/T model's in 09 unless the car doesn't sell which i don't see happening
Old 02-11-2008, 09:12 AM

I paid invoice for my 2005 GT in November 2005...

ORIGINAL: Johnnytuinals

Its funny people bought the 2005 Mustang Gts at $4000-$10,000 above Msrp when they first came out....
Now they are crying that you can get a 2008 Stang GT at INVOICE....
I waited till sept of 2005 so I could get a New 2006 Stang Gt at invoice,,,,the Stang Gt was still pretty rare
with V8 at that time......
I think there will be many 2009 Challengers in Sept of 2008,,,I am sure you will be
able to get a Hemi RT at Invoice if you want to look around....Thats what I am going to dooooo.
Old 02-11-2008, 09:16 AM

yea in ohio
Old 02-11-2008, 01:45 PM

Here is the car professional's opinion:

I have been in the auto industry all my life. I have been a Fleet manager for about 15 years. Our dealership in Portland Oregon has four of the Challengers in C status. I tell everyone that calls me on them that buying a Challenger expecting it to be a collector's car is highly speculative. For people that only want to buy one to drive around and aren't wanting to put it in a museum then wait for the 2009. The 2009 will be no big deal, just a regular production car. It you are looking for collectibility, then the first year and last year of a production run are your best odds. Those are the ones who want the first/latest/best and they do pay a premium. The prices are set by supply and demand. Beach property will often sell for a premium due to limited supply and this is no different.

I doubt you will see any bargains on these limited-edition 2008s. Bargain hunters should wait for 2009. Also, for those who want a manual transmission, look at this page from the Chrysler dealer news:

“DRAG” YOUR CHALLENGER
Mopar Offers 1st Drag Race-Only Factory Package in 40 Years
Mopar is ratcheting up the interest and excitement surrounding the launch of the 2008 Challenger by offering a special factory package, built for NHRA-sanctioned Stock Eliminator drag racing. Availability is anticipated to begin during the first quarter of 2008 and will offer a host of features, including:
— Unique Serial Number Sequence
— Lightweight front fascia support system
— Variations of current HEMI® and 5.9L
Magnum® engines
— Automatic or manual transmission
— Composite lift-off hood with functional scoop
— Lightweight cooling module with electric fan
— Special modified drop-out front crossmember
— Lightweight drag race-only front brake assembly
— Seats to accommodate six-point harness
— Special Body-in-White modified for drag racing
No “Frills” & 800 lbs Lighter than the Production Vehicle
This is one serious package that does away with such frills as windshield wipers, power windows,
HVAC System, sound deadener and rear seats to create one lightweight and intense racing machine.
Be sure to visit the Mopar exhibit during the 2008 NADA convention and discover how you
can order one of these “bad boys” for your serious motorsports enthusiasts.

Ken Ray
Fleet Manager

[IMG]local://upfiles/1231/EC991057AAC24D0A8BF32397D8134A0F.jpg[/IMG]
Old 02-11-2008, 02:26 PM

I just confirmed my order with Dodge. I'm at status "C".

Thanks for all the info for the last few months guys/gals.

Old 02-12-2008, 05:52 PM

ORIGINAL: stroken56

I just confirmed my order with Dodge. I'm at status "C".

Thanks for all the info for the last few months guys/gals.
Congrats stroken. Didn't you post at status BX earlier? When did that change? I thought status was pretty much set in concrete by the time of your earlier post...
Old 02-17-2008, 10:05 AM

[>:]Be careful adout those ordering codes, sales contracts. and deposit receipts, based on what I've read and experienced recently: READ ON......I have to agree to a few on this thread that there is an awful lot of BS going on. Mostly by the dealeships and some from a few on here. I refuse to believe anything I read on here any more untill someone tells me that they have thier new Challenger at home and offers me a look at it and thier sales contract. Why , you may ask, well I have spent endless hours during the last 3 months try to get any concrete info on this car about ordering or buying one. I litterly visited 11 dealers and contacted 18 others by phone and E-mail and the only thing for sure that I know at this time is the following: Most dealers are NOT obeying Chryslers edict that" They will only accept orders with real customers names and with real addresses" , but are apparenttly ordering them with your name and address or a ficticious name and address to get the car in their hands to sell to the highest bidder on thier list of Challenger customers. You ask how or why do I think this ? Because now I've gotten several calls from the dealers who originally said they didn't know how many Challengers they were getting alloted, or what the selling price would be , or asked a ridiculous price over MSRP with a large non-refundable deposit, now offering me the " opportunity" to put $1,000 down to get on the list to buy a 2008 SRT8 Challenger that they are getting in soon to the highest bidder.
The other thing that I'm sure of is that all the dealers are sure they are not only going to get, but pricing these cars at a Min of $5,000 to a Max of $20,000 over msrp. Thats what I was told by all 29 dealers in the NJ, NY, Penna area. So I will not believe anything else untill I actually see it in someones hands and only ask that all of you be very cautious in what your told by these totally price gouging, greedy dealerships, in my area especially. I'll finish by saying this , I'm totally sure that somewhere across America there are a few honest, trustworthy, ungreedy dealers willing or actually selling these cars for MSRP or maybe $1,000 over MSRP which I have offered to the dealers that I contacted . At last I have also been told when I told these dealers that I would wait for the 2009 Challengers that they would carry a premium price also based on the law of supply and demand.So be cautious everyone and lets see what washes out!
Old 02-17-2008, 04:13 PM

Geeeeeee I am sure all the dealers in Long island and Jersey,Philly and boston area will screw yea...
I would never order a car again,,,,,If one is on a lot then I will buy the car...
But ordering a car a dealer will still screw yea,,,I know I ordered a 2006 stang Gt
when there were not many around...
Now you can get the car at Invoice...................
Yep there will be many 2009 challengers Rts on dealer lots in sept 2008.
They are going to make as many as they can,,,,,this car will not be as rare as many think.
If you wanted a rare car you should have got a 2006 gto at invoice oppps I mean grandam.....................JT

Quick Reply: Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?