Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?

Old 05-13-2008, 02:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?

ORIGINAL: snooter
nor do they give a crap about the customer
What exactly makes you say that?
Because the info on when the cars will be delivered is shaky?
Old 05-13-2008, 03:04 PM

When the production model came out Feb 6, Dodge released a video that said May 08. They still have time to deliver on that promise. I don't understand why people are starting to panic and become so furious.

ORIGINAL: Billionaire

ORIGINAL: snooter
nor do they give a crap about the customer
What exactly makes you say that?
Because the info on when the cars will be delivered is shaky?
Old 05-13-2008, 03:18 PM

go to red letter dodge you can see some challengers on the line also enter to win one $10 bucks a shot I got three
Old 05-13-2008, 04:37 PM

EMAILED MY SALESMAN TODAY TOLD HIM EVRYTHING THAT I HAVE BEEN READING THE PAST COUPLE OF DAYS D1 GOING BACK TO D ETC.. I WAS AT D MONDAY DON'T KNOW ABOUT TODAY HE STILL INSISTS THAT THAT THEY ARE GOING TO BUILD THEM ALL AT ONCE THEN RELEASE THEM. THE GUY WHO IS IN FRONT OF ME WENT TO D1 ON MAY 9 WITH A MAY 29 SHIP DATE HE SAYS I WILL BE RIGHT BEHIND HIM.....B.S. TRACKED MY SALESMAN DOWN AT A BIKENITE TONITE (WE BOTH RIDE) GAVE HIM THE THIRD DEGREE SAME OLD STORY ...WHAT CAN I DO...I TOLD HIM DO WHAT I DO I AM SELF EMPLOYED MAKE THE CUSTOMER HAPPY FIND A ANSWER CALL THE REGIONAL MANAGER CALL ANYONE I JUST WANT A HONEST(HA...HA...HA..) ANSWER. THE ONLY GOOD THING OUT OF THAT CONVERSATION WAS HIS OLD LADY WAS WITH HIM AND SHE IS HOT.. OH WELL
Old 05-13-2008, 04:51 PM

The movement of all C's to D, and many D1 to D is proof of what my source said.
If we all move to D1 this week, I will take his word from now on. He said ALL will be build this month.

I do not believe his weekly production numbers are right, or it would take Dodge less then a seven day week to build them all.

I do know mine went back to D status after a very long time in C. I know many have changed status since Friday.

Just enough to keep me sane.... for now.
Old 05-13-2008, 05:13 PM

Here is what I know, my car has a low vin#, ordered at 9:15am eastern time on 12/3/07. It went from C to D on 3/27/08 and has not changed since. I ordered an 09 R/T, manual, leather, my gig, roof, stripes, 20 inch wheels, Tor Red,etc today. Lets see what happens.

Someone said all the 08's will be built this month. This is day 13 and not one car has been delivered. I think the plant capacity was upto 14,000 cars. That was at it maximum shift and staffing when the 300 was kicking sales butt. The only way that all could be built is to stop other cars and run a bunch of over time. That will not happen as it will cut into profit.
Old 05-13-2008, 05:37 PM

Hello everyone --well lets see if we order a 2009 we will probably get before our 2008 the way it is going...lol heres the options for 2009
someone had a question to if they were going to make the hemi orange in 2009---this tells you that the request was from the dealers

The wait is over – the 2009 Model Year Dodge Challenger is available for ordering. We will begin taking orders for R/T and SRT8 models today with SE ordering following shortly. Due to requests from many dealers, we are bringing back Hemi Orange paint on SRT models to assist in moving customers unable to get a 2008 model into a 2009 model.

Pricing and allocations will follow at a later date.

Marketing Highlights

Challenger is back with the essential hardware, styling, and technology desired by today’s buyer. The all-new 2009 Dodge Challenger blends the best American muscle-car characteristics – unmistakable design, world-class handling, powerful engines and technology – to delight driving enthusiasts across several generations. The Dodge Challenger is the first five-passenger, two-door coupe produced from Chrysler LLC’s proven rear-wheel-drive platform that delivers the Dodge Charger and Chrysler 300.

Product Highlights

* The return of the ultimate American Muscle car – heritage inspired style with state-of-the-art features
* Essential Hardware – two Hemi engines and two sets of 20” wheels available
* Essential Styling – Modern classic with heritage styling cues: performance hood, racing style fuel filler door, T/A inspired rear spoiler, dual headlamps
* Essential Technology – ESP, Ltd Slip Axle, U-connect, MyGig, Keyless Go, Remove Start, NAV
* Wide Variety of Mopar Accessories allow individual customization

2009 MY Lineup and Standard Equipment Highlights

* SE Value Model

o 3.5L V6 (250 hp / 250 ft lbs)
o Side Curtain Air Bags
o 17” Aluminum Wheels
o Power Windows, Locks, Mirrors, Remote Keyless Entry
o 8-way Power Driver Seat

* Volume R/T Model

o 5.7L V8 Automatic (370 hp / 398 ft lbs) Manual (375 hp / 404 ft lbs)
o 18” Machined Aluminum Wheels
o Rear Body Color Spoiler
o Fog Lamps
o Racing Style Gas Cap
o Antilock Brakes, ESP, and Traction Control

* High Performance SRT8 Model

o 6.1L V8 (425 hp / 420 ft lbs)
o 20 x 9 Forged Aluminum Wheels
o Black Rear Spoiler
o Limited Slip Differential
o Brembo Performance Brakes
o SRT Track Experience

Additional Packages / Features

* Track Pak (R/T & SRT): 6-speed manual transmission, limited slip rear axle, metal pedals, ESP shut-off switch, pistol grip shifter, hill start assist
* Decals: hood-to-fender stripe (R/T) and dual hood stripes (SRT8)
* Three premium audio systems:

o 276 Watt – six speaker Boston Acoustics
o 368 Watt – seven speaker Boston Acoustics
o 522 Watt – thirteen speaker high performance Kicker

Exterior Colors

* TorRed
* Inferno Red
* Hemi Orange (R/T & SRT)
* B-5 Blue (late availability)
* Bright Silver
* Stone White
* Deep Water Blue
* Dark Titanium
* Brilliant Black

Good selling!

Old 05-13-2008, 05:46 PM

Good to hear from you Joani.. keep us up to date...
Old 05-13-2008, 05:58 PM

I certainly hope it's not another 40 to 60 days, I just may change my mind by then. Is this the first cars dodge is to build with a push button start? If so just give me a freaking key. I have dealt with a key all my life, its not that big of a deal. It seems more like software issues, cars are run by computers now days. Kind of a scary deal if you really think a bout a glitch at just the right moment would be deadly.
I'm with everyone here, I won't a reliable,dependable, troublefree car. I don't mind them(dodge) having any issues it is expected, but let the shareholders know whats going on. It's our dollar. Who is financing this endevour? I bet they have bi-weekly meetings now concerning the turnaround of their dollar.
Old 05-13-2008, 06:31 PM

HI JOANI!!! Welcome back... good to hear from you. But where's all the good news... news about your Challenger... pics of your Challenger... driving impressions of your Challenger... ANYTHING about your Challenger??? C'mon... Please.... tell us something we can latch on to to help us feel better about ourselves... please... please... please...

ORIGINAL: 70sguy
It seems more like software issues, cars are run by computers now days. Kind of a scary deal if you really think a bout a glitch at just the right moment would be deadly.
Takes me back to Space Oddessy... remember HAL???

Quick Reply: Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?