Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   General Dodge Challenger Discussions (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/)
-   -   WHO HAS A 2009 CHALLENGER ANY MODEL ON ORDER?? (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/who-has-2009-challenger-any-model-order-3811/)

SKiDs33t 08-26-2008 07:08 AM

RE: trying to be patient

I finally showed up on VIN VISION!!!

.. Scheduled for Build (D1) 08/26/2008 06:34 AM CDT Windsor Assembly, ON
Future
.. At Facility 09/08/2008 07:00 PM CDT New Boston, MI
.. Loaded On Railcar 09/09/2008 07:00 PM CDT New Boston, MI
.. Railcar Placed at Destination Facility 09/12/2008 10:00 PM CDT Jessup, MD
.. Unloaded From Railcar 09/13/2008 10:00 AM CDT Jessup, MD
.. Vehicle Delivered to Dealer 09/16/2008 10:00 AM CDT Military Prep Center
Baltimore, MD

fatcat 08-26-2008 07:12 AM

RE: WHO HAS A 2009 ON ORDER?

DUH !!!!! DUH !!!!! Boy am I DUMB OK you guys you can call me DUMB ! Totally DUMB !! Think about this for 2 minutes ....really just think about this........Dodge and its Dealers still have LOTS OF 2008 SRT Challengers left to sell.......really!! if you look around all the Dodge web sites and the internet car sites you will see approx 1,900 SRT-8's for sale all over the country. Why would Dodge not help by just slightly delaying the 2 most popular models for 2009 which are the SRT-8 and R/T especially the sticks and even the automatics untill more of the 2008's are sold off the lots.All they need is just like Brucer41's letter , a slight delay , maybe a week or two or maybe just a whole month. I honestly think I hit the nail on the head!! In my humble opinion anyway , I know we can't do anything about it but what do you think anyway? Just curious and I want to hear your thoughts, thanks again , Fat Cat[sm=gears.gif]

brucer41 08-26-2008 07:58 AM

fatcat, unfortunately we are not getting any insider info like the 08's did. I hear so many rumors with some being posted here and others elsewhere that it is hard to tell what is true and what is not. I could almost belive that many are true but then I see things like skids car, an SRT in D1 and on VINVISION and it is hard to belive anything Chrysler says.

I know the 08ers are saying hang in there blah blah but I can read back through their comments in waiting and they are no different than ours. This is totally ludicris that Chrysler (Dodge) is treating customers like this. I think that they should reach out to prospective owners like us and give us some firm information so that we have some idea of whats going on. I can see if there are issues say like what the 08's went through with the wiring harness being crimped etc. that I can deal with as I want the car right. But no info? PLEASE!

66Cuda 08-26-2008 08:38 AM

I hear you guys. I try not to complain much because I knew this would be coming. What gets me is that no one knows anything. I know several engineers at Dodge but they all work on the different truck platforms. They have no info on the Challenger what so ever. They have tried asking around at work and they can't find anything out. It’s like the Challenger engineers are hidden and no one knows what’s going on. You would think now that all the models have been released and all that some of the secrecy would die but apparently not. I'd just like to know what’s going on with my car. My back is starting to get to the wall here. By early November the car I have now will be gone and I need another one.

davidstan 08-26-2008 09:10 AM

My back is against the wall, my current car is sold and he will pick it up thur. I'm in D now going on the 5th week! I went D so fast i went ahead and sold my car...got a good price so ne real complaints but would like the car in Sept.

RoswellGrey 08-26-2008 10:40 AM

Thankfully, I have a salesman who keeps his customers informed. I just went to D1 status:

Robert,

Your Challenger went to D1 with an estimated ship date of 9/9. This SHOULD get here by the end of September. I only say "should" if there are production delays.

Thank you again!

Fred Garza
Internet Sales Manager
Fiesta Dodge

Husker Donn 08-26-2008 10:58 AM

I just talked to the Tally and my Chally has now hit D1.

Can any of you guys either check that vin vision or give me the link? I know i have seen it here before but cant remember where.

Thanks;

Donn

SKiDs33t 08-26-2008 11:39 AM

Hey Donn,

If you havent already, go to http www.dodgechallengerregistry.com and register your vehicle. The site now has a VIN tracker built in. It is called "VinWIN", and works just like VIN Vision.

Husker Donn 08-26-2008 02:39 PM

I did do that thanks. I cant figure out how to get my registry to show up here.

eslickness 08-26-2008 04:11 PM

1,900 SRT-8's for sale all over the country

Don't think that has anything to with it,,,You have many dealers selling the 08s for over Msrp.
I just think dodge is a bit screwed up not knowing whats going on.
I am sure dodge will get there acts together and if they don't,,,,,well I don't need to tell yeaaaaaa.ES