Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   General Dodge Challenger Discussions (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/)
-   -   WHO HAS A 2009 CHALLENGER ANY MODEL ON ORDER?? (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/who-has-2009-challenger-any-model-order-3811/)

mac 08-26-2008 05:17 PM

RE: WHO HAS A 2009 ON ORDER?

Got an interesting email from Chrysler this AM in response to an email I sent asking to clarify my status:

Thank you for contacting the Chrysler Customer Assistance Center.

We appreciate your interest in Dodge products.

We have reviewed your recent email. In response to your email, we would like to inform you that due to the unprecedented demand for this vehicle, a situation exists where demand exceeds supply. We apologize for the delay of your order, and suggest that you stay in touch with your selling dealer, as they are your best source for any updates on their sales order.

The popularity of our products underscores our commitment to quality and exciting, dependable transportation, and we want to assure you that the vehicle will be worth the wait.

If we can be of further assistance to you in the future please feel free to contact us. We appreciate you and your business.

Thanks again for your email.

You got the F you very much letter. How nice of Chrysler.

fatcat 08-26-2008 05:46 PM

What the heck was that from es must be high on glue or drunk lol [sm=icon_guiness.gif]

eslickness 08-26-2008 05:58 PM

If I was sniffing glue I would be listening to a ramones record...
But since I am drinking wine I am listening to a Johnny Thunders Cd.............
If I was running dodge I would be making as many Challengers as I can.
Many would have the wrong Bulld sheet in the cars like they used to lol..............

fatcat 08-26-2008 06:02 PM

I wrote that knowing you were there trying to hide in the wings roflmao

brucer41 08-27-2008 04:40 AM

mac, yep and they didnt even send along any flowers or candy. I hate it when they wont even give you a friendly reach around! If I didnt love this car so much I would take my deposit back and seriously take another look at the Camaro. I have had a few in days gone past and while I think the new one is totally butt ugly I can may be make it work for me. Chevrolet has never given me bad service and I have bought now my fourth new vehicle from them in the last 12 years. No hitches, no excuses, info every step of the way on the build/shipping etc. BUT, I really love the Challenger and will wait as patiently as I can.

birddog 08-27-2008 10:17 AM

I received several of those form letters while waiting on my 08. It is frustrating. I almost canceled my order and am glad I didn't. I had initially planned on only driving the car a couple of thousand miles a year but am already over 3k in a little over a month. I do agree that Dodge/Chrysler could have handled the whole process a little better. I just wish there was a section in the survey that would let me voice my displeasure with them. My dealer was great to del with. It was a shame though that they only received 1 order that they put in and it was mine. Afterwards, they bought 4 from other dealers for over cost and was able to still turn them around quickly.

66Cuda 08-27-2008 11:04 AM

Check with my dealer today and my car is still sitting in C. She said that all of the R/T's they have are still in C status. I wonder whats going on?

telecast76 08-27-2008 11:18 AM

My R/T was ordered on 7/8/8 and it just got built this week

66Cuda 08-27-2008 12:20 PM

Is yours an auto? No offence but it angers me that yours is being built and mine hasn't since I ordered mine on May 15th. It doesn’t surprise me that this is happening though since it happened to the 2008 guys.

ORIGINAL: telecast76

My R/T was ordered on 7/8/8 and it just got built this week

goatman 08-27-2008 02:01 PM

got my vin # today for 09 srt-8 manual. Dealer said it was in D status vin #9h537659