Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   General Dodge Challenger Discussions (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/)
-   -   WHO HAS A 2009 CHALLENGER ANY MODEL ON ORDER?? (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/who-has-2009-challenger-any-model-order-3811/)

Cuda340 08-25-2008 02:17 PM

RE: Got a VIN!!!

From looking at the Challenger Registry, it seems that Dodge is prioritizing the production of R/Ts, SEs and manual SRTs. The auto. SRTs seem to be in the back of the line.

Do you guys agree?

eslickness 08-25-2008 04:22 PM

...if you only knew what I have gone thru and how many dealers I have already called since December of last you you would not talk about the past to me. As for buying off the lot thats exactly what the dealer wants as he makes more money that way than pre order....

Well we are not in Dec 2007 anymore
Yep as of now that are mostly V6s
I am sure in sept you will see many dealers on lots having Challenger Rts for sale.....
I am also Many dealers will sell you the car at well below Msrp...you think I am wrong??
I can buy a Challenger Rt but I want to see what the Camaro SS will look like.
I am sure Dodge will make as many Challengers as they can and the
same goes with GM.............ES

fatcat 08-25-2008 04:55 PM

DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats why i said if you only knew what I have gone thru as I still keep calling just to see whats for sale.( I already ordered mine) The very few! are only V-6's, Its almost Sept now and you think the lots will have plenty of R/T's...NOT. and there is TONS of pictures and brochures at your Chevy dealers to see what the Camaro looks like with stats! And now your changing your tune about Dodge not making the Challengers for long , geeze I thought you were the car Guru LOL Fat Cat[sm=gears.gif]

ORIGINAL: eslickness

...if you only knew what I have gone thru and how many dealers I have already called since December of last you you would not talk about the past to me. As for buying off the lot thats exactly what the dealer wants as he makes more money that way than pre order....

Well we are not in Dec 2007 anymore
Yep as of now that are mostly V6s
I am sure in sept you will see many dealers on lots having Challenger Rts for sale.....
I am also Many dealers will sell you the car at well below Msrp...you think I am wrong??
I can buy a Challenger Rt but I want to see what the Camaro SS will look like.
I am sure Dodge will make as many Challengers as they can and the
same goes with GM.............ES

eslickness 08-25-2008 05:12 PM

Ha Ha Ha
I am sure you are one of the few that keeps digging away
at calling up your local and long distance dealers............
Pictures of the Camaro SS last year looked hot,but the pictures
I have been seeing lately have not done anything to me....
I think I will have to see what it looks when it comes out to see the real picture.....
For now I enjoy my superbirds......................................ES

Phantom 08-25-2008 05:31 PM

I'm wondering what you are wondering Cuda. Two weeks ago everybody seemed to move up a letter in the alphabet (status), but here we still wait. Is there some kind of production problem, or is this just normal??

SKiDs33t 08-25-2008 11:45 PM

WHO HAS A 2009 ON ORDER?

From the looks of the registry, they are doing a bit of a round robin. They stared with SEs, then a few RTs (Auto), next round looks to be RT Manual and maybe a few SRTs Auto and Manual. We should know more when the SRTs and RT Manuals start hitting D1.

brucer41 08-26-2008 05:13 AM

RE: WHO HAS A 2009 ON ORDER?

Got an interesting email from Chrysler this AM in response to an email I sent asking to clarify my status:

Thank you for contacting the Chrysler Customer Assistance Center.

We appreciate your interest in Dodge products.

We have reviewed your recent email. In response to your email, we would like to inform you that due to the unprecedented demand for this vehicle, a situation exists where demand exceeds supply. We apologize for the delay of your order, and suggest that you stay in touch with your selling dealer, as they are your best source for any updates on their sales order.

The popularity of our products underscores our commitment to quality and exciting, dependable transportation, and we want to assure you that the vehicle will be worth the wait.

If we can be of further assistance to you in the future please feel free to contact us. We appreciate you and your business.

Thanks again for your email.

66Cuda 08-26-2008 06:21 AM

I'm getting pretty irritated here. I'm still sitting in C and my car has moved back a whole month. From what I've gathered Dodge never intended to produce any manual cars until September. If this was the case then why did my car have a build date of earlier August and why did they keep moving the build date around in the month of August if they knew the car wouldn't be built till September? Now with a build date of at the end of September I won’t be seeing my car until at least November, and that’s assuming they don't change the date again!

Also, If they have been building cars since The start of August how is it 99% of the cars in the registry haven’t moved?

fatcat 08-26-2008 06:43 AM

Brucer41 and Cuda66 You are both completely justified in wondering whats goin on with Dodge and building and delivering these Challengers. Just go back to post 1 of this thread and read just my posts alone and you will see why I am confused. First of all no one from this forum can confirm our cars like they did for the 2008's with thier Vin Vision. Second Dodge or Chrysler tells you one thing then something different. Thirdly the dealer either tells you something again totally different or he knows nothing . Now to me SOMETHING is hokey in denmark and I just don't know if its the Corporation or the dealers that are causing any of this. Common sense would tell me that it is the factory or Dodge Corporation in some way trying to help their dealers make some money by getting them their cars for stock first and the hell with us because they know we want this car, are willing to wait , and they have our deposits. Its driving me NUTSSSSSSSSSSSSssssssssssssss LOL....but I'll keep my sanity for another couple of months. I say we are going to experience the same if not worse delays than the 2008 buyers did and that STINKS DODGE!!!!! Let me know what you guys think, OK thanks Fat Cat[sm=gears.gif]

I'm getting pretty irritated here. I'm still sitting in C and my car has moved back a whole month. From what I've gathered Dodge never intended to produce any manual cars until September. If this was the case then why did my car have a build date of earlier August and why did they keep moving the build date around in the month of August if they knew the car wouldn't be built till September? Now with a build date of at the end of September I won’t be seeing my car until at least November, and that’s assuming they don't change the date again!

Also, If they have been building cars since The start of August how is it 99% of the cars in the registry haven’t moved?

ORIGINAL: brucer41

Got an interesting email from Chrysler this AM in response to an email I sent asking to clarify my status:

Thank you for contacting the Chrysler Customer Assistance Center.

We appreciate your interest in Dodge products.

We have reviewed your recent email. In response to your email, we would like to inform you that due to the unprecedented demand for this vehicle, a situation exists where demand exceeds supply. We apologize for the delay of your order, and suggest that you stay in touch with your selling dealer, as they are your best source for any updates on their sales order.

The popularity of our products underscores our commitment to quality and exciting, dependable transportation, and we want to assure you that the vehicle will be worth the wait.

If we can be of further assistance to you in the future please feel free to contact us. We appreciate you and your business.

Thanks again for your email.

fatcat 08-26-2008 06:55 AM

I'm wondering if anybody has heard from Challenger 73 who has a 2009 R/T on order and said it was in KZ status which is released to ship and he said its on its way to Florida? Challenger73....anybody? Lets try and stay conected and informed anyway, Thanks Fat cat[sm=gears.gif]