Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   General Dodge Challenger Discussions (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/)
-   -   WHO HAS A 2009 CHALLENGER ANY MODEL ON ORDER?? (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/who-has-2009-challenger-any-model-order-3811/)

mopar2ya 09-10-2008 03:28 AM

RE: WHO HAS A 2009 ON ORDER?

ORIGINAL: TRW762X51mm

My R/T arrived today. Have the dealer do a few mods and she will be delivered to me tomorrow morning. Took less than two months. Ordered on July 18th and took delivery on Sept. 10th. Excellent!!! :D

Next step Zoomers exhaust. :)
As for the Zoomers... if you like old school muscle loudness... you"ll love the Zoomers... ;)

Cuda340 09-10-2008 08:09 AM

ORIGINAL: RoswellGrey

Congrats on the R/T. Two months for your order? My SE is taking just over three months. Must be because of the SE's superior quality. ;)

Don't feel too bad. There are others in worse shape. I'm into my 4th month of BG/BX purgatory waiting for my 2009 Challenger SRT (ordered on May 16). [&o]

fatcat 09-10-2008 08:36 AM

OK, I ask any or all of you , mopar2ya,TRW762X51m, 66cuda, RoswellGrey, brucer41,scorpn,mss3dodge, I've been a forum member since the beginning, and trying to buy a Challenger for 2 yrs now and finally was able to order one on May 15, 2008. 3 weeks ago it went to D-1 status which is scheduled to be built and no movement since. So my question to you all of you is since TRW762X51m got his car and it was ordered on July 18th, should I write Dodge and ask what goes on ? Do you think it will do any good? Do you think they will get mad at me for pestering them and delay my car more? Will they be honest with me? Do they really care? Or probably give me no answer at all and refer me back to my dealer. I'm sorry for ranting but this is getting rediculous to the point of real frustration and anger at Dodge. My wifes who was hard to convince to buy this gas guzzler says she can't see how I can stay excited about this car and why don't I buy another type. The new Camaro can soon be ordered and GM says delivery in 3 months. Hmmmmm I wonder. NAH!!! I love Mopar and the wife doesn't understand. SO, what do you think? Should I write to Dodge ??? Thanks for listening, OH and to TRW762X51M congrats on when you get your Challenger no offense intended, Fat Cat [sm=gears.gif]

My R/T arrived today. Have the dealer do a few mods and she will be delivered to me tomorrow morning. Took less than two months. Ordered on July 18th and took delivery on Sept. 10th. Excellent!!! :D

tnek 09-10-2008 08:42 AM

Im torn now,, one of the dealers I have an order with (this car is in BX) told me today he has a Tor Red SRT8 exact level of trim as my orange order arriving in a week or two. It may be available since the name on the order matches several other orders at the dealership. Sounds like they used a random customer to order maybe?? Anyway I asked for first right of refusal if its not already sold. He had to check for sure.
I came within a hair of ordering the red to begin with and now fate may be trying to tell me something. Plus the wife likes the red better.
Dealer will call me when it gets here to go look at and decide next week or so. I got a feeling Im going to see it and be harder than a wedding night [&o] well ,,, you know.
Stay tuned!!
Anyone else rethinking color choice? I will only take the Orange or Red myself.

66Cuda 09-10-2008 09:00 AM

I feel your pain Fatcat. I've followed your story from the beginning and you really have been getting the raw end of things. I don't think writing to Dodge is going to get you any results. They obviously do not schedule by order date, VIN number, and so on. I have heard that one of the reasons you, Brucer41 and I are waiting is because there is a hold on orange paint. Why there would be after running so many '08's in orange is beyond me but this certainly wouldn't surprise me and I feel it would explain why your auto car hasn't been when other auto's have. Hang in there. I am with you though I am getting extremely frustrated with the lack of movement.

ORIGINAL: fatcat

OK, I ask any or all of you , mopar2ya,TRW762X51m, 66cuda, RoswellGrey, brucer41,scorpn,mss3dodge, I've been a forum member since the beginning, and trying to buy a Challenger for 2 yrs now and finally was able to order one on May 15, 2008. 3 weeks ago it went to D-1 status which is scheduled to be built and no movement since. So my question to you all of you is since TRW762X51m got his car and it was ordered on July 18th, should I write Dodge and ask what goes on ? Do you think it will do any good? Do you think they will get mad at me for pestering them and delay my car more? Will they be honest with me? Do they really care? Or probably give me no answer at all and refer me back to my dealer. I'm sorry for ranting but this is getting rediculous to the point of real frustration and anger at Dodge. My wifes who was hard to convince to buy this gas guzzler says she can't see how I can stay excited about this car and why don't I buy another type. The new Camaro can soon be ordered and GM says delivery in 3 months. Hmmmmm I wonder. NAH!!! I love Mopar and the wife doesn't understand. SO, what do you think? Should I write to Dodge ??? Thanks for listening, OH and to TRW762X51M congrats on when you get your Challenger no offense intended, Fat Cat [sm=gears.gif]

RoswellGrey 09-10-2008 09:29 AM

Well, Fat Cat, most people who contact Dodge directly seem to get the standard "no-answer answer" and are referred back to their dealer.
I've come to the conclusion that a lot of Dodge's apparent strangeness when it comes to dealing with, or in many cases seeming to NOT deal with, customers can be directly related to its takeover by Cerberus. Particularly when you consider the reports about how staff is being cut by the company, I would imagine that most Dodge employees are at least somewhat fearful for their jobs. Many probably have adopted the attitude that it's better not to tell a customer anything at all than to tell someone something that might be incorrect and have the customer turn around and go over their heads to complain. Also, the employees are probably lacking any clear-cut directives from Cerberus on exactly what to do in any situation.
Personally, I'd probably go ahead and write a complaint letter and see what sort of non-answer you get.

mss3dodge 09-10-2008 09:34 AM

Fatcat,
I wish I knew if a letter would help or hurt. I'm fortunate that while dealing with a large dealership, they are friendly, helpful and keep in touch with their District Manager. My sales guy is the tops and I only deal with him... Anyway, I read 66cuda's post about the hemi orange color maybe being on hold - I don't know if that is an issue or not. However, my order was placed just a few weeks after yours and I have a theory as to why more of the 09 colors are now being produced instead of the hemi orange. I did not see many (if any) of the 2009 colors until right AFTER the WOODWARD Dream Cruise. Based on what I saw reported/pictured, Dodge had a slew of the 09 colors/Challengers at the cruise. I wonder if they wanted to make a big splash with the additional colors and so now more of a production emphasis is being placed on them. My white Challenger did not really start moving (status) until AFTER the Dream Cruise and there was a white R/T with stripe package, etc... highlighted at the cruise. Someone on this forum had pictures. Anyway, I'm wondering if Dodge is trying to get some of the newer colors built for visibility. I was in D1 several weeks before it ripped through production (my car went from D1 to an I status in 1 day, I'm in KZ now). I would suspect your car may be very close to getting built. Trust me, I'm with you, I have been waiting since 2005 when my dealer said they had inside info that the Challenger may be making a return (this was after a local Ford dealership tried to hammer me on a Mustang deal and I told them to shove it)! I put a $1000 down in August of 2006 to get priority ordering (I turned down the chance at an SRT after I read about the gas guzzler tax and I wanted to spec out my vehicle - R/T style). It's coming!

ORIGINAL: fatcat

brucer41 09-10-2008 10:46 AM

Fatcat, I think you already know my answer! I have already pinged them and I posted their response a while back. I think all it will do is get you the stand blow off letter as I received but I think it wouldnt hurt any. As you, I have been in D1 for three weeks and with the "Future" movement on the train this way coming fast, I dont see it happening. Today being the 10th doesnt leave them much time to get it built, inspected and ready for shipping on the 15th. I know they say estimated and not a promise, but gosh darn it to hell, at least they could be close! I am with you, frustration about Chrysler, Dodge and this whole nonsense of no information is totally for the birds.

goatman 09-10-2008 02:24 PM

try to be patient everyone. it is worth the wait. Got my 08 on 7/17 #4013. Has anyone heard anything ellse about the orange paint for the 09's?

brucer41 09-10-2008 02:36 PM

I havent heard any issues about orange paint although I have heard about possible issues with the 6 speed. Looking at the Registry page it seems that the majority of SRT's hanging are 6 speeds so it may bear out that there is a problem with them.