Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   General Dodge Challenger Discussions (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/)
-   -   WHO HAS A 2009 CHALLENGER ANY MODEL ON ORDER?? (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/who-has-2009-challenger-any-model-order-3811/)

brucer41 09-11-2008 09:21 AM

RE: WHO HAS A 2009 ON ORDER?

CONGRATS fatcat! Holy cow, send an email and boom you are in paint! I didnt move yet as far as VINWIN is concerned. What was the first email address you used for Chrysler in your first email response? I would like to try that one to see if I get a different answer than the one I got a little while back. Fingers crossed for you Bro to get it soon!

05flhtcse 09-11-2008 10:52 AM

The wife drove ours to work today and it was like watching a beautiful woman walking away. As it disappeared out of sight it was still looking good. It is a good looking automobile.

RoswellGrey 09-11-2008 10:56 AM

ORIGINAL: 05flhtcse

The wife drove ours to work today and it was like watching a beautiful woman walking away. As it disappeared out of sight it was still looking good. It is a good looking automobile.
And as soon as she got out of your sight, your wife probably was revving it up at every stoplight, trying to get 16-year-old kids with their '93 Acuras to race her. That's what my wife would do. ;)

66Cuda 09-11-2008 11:26 AM

Hey Fatcat, I hope this is true and you really are in paint. Keep us posted!

ORIGINAL: fatcat

Mopar2ya and everyone else. I can't begin to tell you how much I appreciate your replies and support !!! Along with lots of glue and knowing you members are there for me and I for you makes this wait a lot more bearable on my end. If I ever can do anything for any of you please don't hesitate to ask. Except for $ which I've spent it all on this muscle car ( he he he ) I can try and help in a few other ways I'm sure!

Now the latest news. You wonder why I'm so crazy about this car ? Well not to be morose but my age anything can happen and although I act, feel, and spend like a hot rod teenager anything can happen at anytime. So in my mind time is of the essence and I'm just plain tired of waiting and most of all the ever present confusing info given out by Dodge, Chrysler , and my dealer. to point here is the replies to the 2 E-mails I sent after I got all your opinions:

Dear Wayne:

Thank you for contacting the Chrysler Customer Assistance Center
regarding the 2009 Dodge Challenger you have ordered from your
Dealership.

We are sorry to learn of your dissatisfaction with the time which has
elapsed since your order was placed. The popularity and excitement for
this vehicle has created a situation where demand exceeds the amount of
vehicles that can be built.

We would like to inform that the current status of the vehicle is F
(paint). We encourage you to stay in contact with your salesperson for
the latest scheduling information. Your dealership is the best source
for all information concerning your order.

We appreciate your continued patience while waiting for delivery of your
new 2009 Dodge Challenger.

Thanks again for your email. We value you and your business.

Sincerely,

Natasha Odyuo
Customer Service Representative
Chrysler Customer Assistance Center

And this from Dodge:

Dear Wayne:

regarding your 2009 Dodge Challenger.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you and appreciate the time
and effort you took to write to us.

In response to your email concerning the vehicle order status, we would
like to inform you that as per our records you would receive your
vehicle by the 1st week of October. For the latest information about
your vehicle order status, we suggest that you contact your dealership,
as they are the best resource for this information.

Thank you for your email and for sharing your concern with us.

Sincerely,

Lisa Parker

Now all I want to say is the last E-mail from Ms Lisa Parker said I could expect my car in early Sept !!!! You see what I mean LOL.

But if I'm really in status F which is paint I'm happy it MAY be moving along hopefully ???

Brucer41 yours might be in paint too so lets keep our fingers crossed.

Thanks So Much everyone, Fat Cat[sm=gears.gif]

jeffko 09-11-2008 12:49 PM

Well, here is my continuing soap opera update. After doing some soul searching, and trying to decide if i still even wanted this car after being this frustrated, i decided to call my dealer for a "motivational" talk. Now i understand, they do not have any control over any of this, but i felt it was time i let them know that i was teetering on cancelling my order. They made some calls to several folks at Chrysler, and were able to not only get some answers, but also make some progress with my car. So sure enough, i called india, and i have made it to "D", and finally have a VIN. It's not built, but it's progress. They did say that Tremec has been the hold-up, and they now have a sufficient supply of transmissions to begin a stretch of 6 speed cars...

SKiDs33t 09-11-2008 12:56 PM

Tremec has been the hold-up, and they now have a sufficient supply of transmissions to begin a stretch of 6 speed cars...
That IS good news. Not just for you, but for all the Clutchophiles*. Come on "I" Status!

*Yes I just made that word up, and it will cost you a nickle everytime you use it.

brucer41 09-11-2008 01:03 PM

Yes that is great news! I had thought there was an issue with the 6 speed tranny. It is amazing though that they didnt ramp up building them in anticiaption of the flood of orders they knew would be coming. Oh well, any wonder why the big three are all hurting for sales?

brucer41 09-11-2008 02:30 PM

YEAH!!!! Fatcat, looks like I am sure following you! SkiDs your time must be here as well, write to the Chrysler Assitance Center and ask.

Dear Bruce:

regarding your 2009 Dodge Challenger.

We regret for the inconvenience caused and appreciate the time and
effort you took to write to us.

In response to your email, we would like to inform you that the order
status of your vehicle is F, which means paint and the estimated
shipping date is 09-12-08. For more information, you can contact your
local authorized dealership.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

If you have any further questions or need assistance, please feel free
to contact us.

Thanks again for your email.

Sincerely,

Sharon Nelson

SKiDs33t 09-11-2008 02:36 PM

Congrats! Whoever is manning the email tonight must be in a generous mood to give out that kind of info so freely. What's the address? Maybe I can make it a 3-for-3.

RyanNY 09-11-2008 03:01 PM

Yeah, someone throw that email address up haha.