Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   General Dodge Challenger Discussions (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/)
-   -   WHO HAS A 2009 CHALLENGER ANY MODEL ON ORDER?? (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/who-has-2009-challenger-any-model-order-3811/)

66Cuda 09-18-2008 11:02 AM

RE: WHO HAS A 2009 CHALLENGER ANY MODEL ON ORDER??

still languishing in No Man’s Land. Apparently it is really hard to get a Challenger painted Orange, an Orange spoiler, and a manual together in the same plant.

brucer41 09-18-2008 11:10 AM

Dont feel too bad 66cuda, mine hasnt moved since Tuesday night. VinWin says it was truck dispatched and it still has the JB status. Nothing has changed since. Pretty strange to put it on a truck at Brampton and not have no movement in almost three days.

Thatthinggotahemi 09-18-2008 02:27 PM

My dealer was just warning me about JB status, he says it'll be there for a week or so. He said for other cars its not that long but for whatever reason the challengers stay in it for longer. I had a ship date of 22nd of Sept but it's pushed back till the 29th, anyone have multiple push backs or just one or two for D1 status.

mopar2ya 09-18-2008 06:36 PM

ORIGINAL: mss3dodge

Alright folks... I'm back, my wife finally posted bail (3 states away, where the police finally got me stopped). JUST KIDDING! All I can say about my R/T is WOW!
- Handles like a dream!
- For those concerned about lack of power, DON'T BE! It kicks BUTT! And I only have 125 miles on it so far, I'm being gentle (somewhat), but wait until it's broken in!
- It is comfortable (with leather), but still has an agressive look to it inside.
- Looks to be pretty good quality control on most everything.
- You folks that talk about the "stares" and "stops" - you are right! I swear they'll be accidents because of gawkers...

And the GRIN, eeee gad, my face is cracking... I know it is not an SRT8, but for the money, it is well beyond adequate! If you'll excuse me now, the sheriff is at my door...
We could pass the plate for the bail collection offering... and the Grin... well it is a dynamic that seems to cross all buyers. Anyone notice how the Grin is a supernatural totally involuntary act... :D

Good luck with your new roomates at the county suite. Tell Johnny Law to treat your Challenger right!! ;)

mopar2ya 09-18-2008 06:40 PM

ORIGINAL: RoswellGrey

Oops. Spoke too soon. Now the ETA for my Challenger is back to the 24th! In short, it will be here sometime soon. ;)
Well sometime anyway... hopefully... [8D]

You getting stoked RG??? :)

fatcat 09-18-2008 07:11 PM

mss3dodge, thanks for the heads up on the ticket mongers and in a few days I just might be watchin out for them ! Anyway thanks for the glowing report on your R/T as I always felt after test driving a Charger that felt awesome that a Challenger R/T had to be just as awesome if not a little better. Werll you just confirmed that and I thank you. The very best of luck to you, stay out of jail, and keep the shiney side up always!!! Fat Cat[sm=gears.gif]

ORIGINAL: mss3dodge

Alright folks... I'm back, my wife finally posted bail (3 states away, where the police finally got me stopped). JUST KIDDING! All I can say about my R/T is WOW!
- Handles like a dream!
- For those concerned about lack of power, DON'T BE! It kicks BUTT! And I only have 125 miles on it so far, I'm being gentle (somewhat), but wait until it's broken in!
- It is comfortable (with leather), but still has an agressive look to it inside.
- Looks to be pretty good quality control on most everything.
- You folks that talk about the "stares" and "stops" - you are right! I swear they'll be accidents because of gawkers...

And the GRIN, eeee gad, my face is cracking... I know it is not an SRT8, but for the money, it is well beyond adequate! If you'll excuse me now, the sheriff is at my door...

RoswellGrey 09-18-2008 09:29 PM

ORIGINAL: mopar2ya

ORIGINAL: RoswellGrey

Oops. Spoke too soon. Now the ETA for my Challenger is back to the 24th! In short, it will be here sometime soon. ;)
Well sometime anyway... hopefully... [8D]

You getting stoked RG??? :)
Actually, I'm getting calmer as the Challenger approaches. There's been a big hole in my life since my '70 was destroyed. I have little scale-model Challengers sitting around the house, but it's never been the same without it. And since I wound up having to take care of my dad for almost seven years, I was never able to do anything about it. When the white Challenger is sitting in my driveway, complete with its script Challenger badges and R/T insignia, like my 70 had, things will be right again.

brucer41 09-19-2008 04:04 AM

Roswell, dont fret man, it is getting there. Moine has gone to KZ last night and has been released. I have an ETA of the 23rd which I doubt but we shall see. I have my fingers crossed your White beauty will show very soon for you.

fatcat 09-19-2008 11:24 AM

I JUST CAN'T BELIEVE IT !!! Hang in there Brucer41, Roswellgrey and others. They are a commin from dodge. I read or heard somewhere that Dodge will build and ship them as fast as they can and I think they are starting to do that finally. What I can't believe is , that mine is finally here !! Its at the rail yard in Newark NJ and to be delivered next Tuesday or Wednesday . I just do not know how I will get any sleep for this weekend or few days. Anybody got any ideas besides getting drunk? LOL....No designated driver for this car so no drinking ! Yowelleeeeeeee ITs here ....Finally after over 3 years since being first thought of and almost a year since you could order the very first one , and some 51 dealers in total I finally get mine.!!!! I'm sorry everyone but I'm so happy and excited I don't know what to do. Thanks for all your support , understanding and help. You guys and Girls like Joani -IE DCXfan for are the very best! I hope you all stay around just a little bit, as I know I will, just to talk once in awhile and exchange ideas, help , and CHALLENGER STORIES . The very Best to you all. Fat Cat[sm=gears.gif]

edithesplanade 09-19-2008 11:59 AM

just checked your win - tuesday is your day -
good luck and lots of fun...... feel with you -
best regards
edithesplanade
#6308 black with everything
....will get my baby on Sept 28
4.30 pm [sm=bounceybounce.gif]