Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   General Dodge Challenger Discussions (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/)
-   -   WHO HAS A 2009 CHALLENGER ANY MODEL ON ORDER?? (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/who-has-2009-challenger-any-model-order-3811/)

fatcat 09-10-2008 03:53 PM

RE: WHO HAS A 2009 ON ORDER?

Well everyone thanks for all your replies![sm=thanx.gif] I really trust that none of you think I was looking for sympathy cause we are all in the same boat and I really am happy and get excited when I see some else get there car and post pics and talk about their GRIN[sm=smiley4.gif]I guess what bothers me the most is that for some crazy reason I might not get this car at all. After all this waiting I don't know really what I would do! ARGHHHhhhhhhhhhh

Now as for the Dealer that I ordered from I really don't think it has much to do with them. I'm not sure how much Dodge volume they sell but it is a very large 5 Brand dealership and they have a very large stock of all dodge cars and trucks. The biggest thing is they are 1 of 3 of the largest East Coast VIPER dealerships. They have a LARGE showroom with at least 10 Vipers in it alone and the back of this showroom is filled with over 40 new and used Vipers and they have an excellent reputation with these Vipers. So with all that I find it hard to believe that Dodge Corp looks poorly on this dealership.

My problem with them is only that they never tell me anything and I have to find it out myself and then when I ask them they confirm it. Maybe they just don't want to tell me anything they don't know. I've asked them about thier allotments and they say absolutely there is no problem as they have lots of them and my car is actually 3rd on their list of 2009"s ordered.

So thanks everybody for your support and I'll keep the faith and contiue to wait for the day I can finally GRIN[sm=yeahsmile.gif]

Then if the snow has not arrived yet I'll rush out and do a few of these[sm=gears.gif]
opps after I get the exhaust changed first.....varooooommmm

Good luck[sm=signs003.gif] to us all[sm=smiley31.gif], thanks guys and girls, Fat Cat[sm=gears.gif]

mopar2ya 09-10-2008 04:41 PM

ORIGINAL: fatcat

OK, I ask any or all of you , mopar2ya,TRW762X51m, 66cuda, RoswellGrey, brucer41,scorpn,mss3dodge, I've been a forum member since the beginning, and trying to buy a Challenger for 2 yrs now and finally was able to order one on May 15, 2008. 3 weeks ago it went to D-1 status which is scheduled to be built and no movement since.
Yes... I am very familiar with the situation.

So my question to you all of you is since TRW762X51m got his car and it was ordered on July 18th, should I write Dodge and ask what goes on ? Do you think it will do any good? Do you think they will get mad at me for pestering them and delay my car more? Will they be honest with me? Do they really care? Or probably give me no answer at all and refer me back to my dealer. I'm sorry for ranting but this is getting rediculous to the point of real frustration and anger at Dodge.
Call "em up... bug the hell out of "em. I am pretty sure they get paid by the hour in India too. They could care less how often you call. Word of Advice though... IT WONT CHANGE ANYTHING no matter how much you call... so I would just say spare yourself the trouble. It will most likely only stir you up just to let you back down fatcat.

My wifes who was hard to convince to buy this gas guzzler says she can't see how I can stay excited about this car and why don't I buy another type. The new Camaro can soon be ordered and GM says delivery in 3 months. Hmmmmm I wonder. NAH!!! I love Mopar and the wife doesn't understand. SO, what do you think? Should I write to Dodge ??? Thanks for listening, OH and to TRW762X51M congrats on when you get your Challenger no offense intended, Fat Cat [sm=gears.gif]
Remember Men Are From Mars ... OF COURSE YOUR WIFE DOESNT UNDERSTAND!! At least right now she dosent. Wait till you get The Car... guaranteed she will.

Remember 70sguy and birddog?? When your wait gets worse than thiers you can give up... until then just remember... ITS STILL WORTH THE WAIT!! :D

At least youre still in D1... couldnt even tell you how many times mine slipped out of D1 and back to D... Hold on Brother... it is really worth the wait...

05flhtcse 09-10-2008 05:00 PM

I can't remember a car my wife has liked so well. She has had a couple she really liked too but this one is special.

robertdodel 09-10-2008 05:21 PM

I UNDERSTAND ALL THE FRUSTRATION BEEN THERE DONE THAT.I EMAILED DODGE THRUOGH THEIR WEBSITE ABOUT A WEEK LATER MARK MAILLE (NOT FOR SURE ABOUT THE NAME SPELLING) HE IS PRODUCTION MANAGER FOR THE CHALLENGER,ANYWAY HE CALLED MY DEALER AND ASSURED THEM MY 2008 SRT-8 WAS ON THE LINE.HE THEN READ MY E-MAIL TO THE SALES MANAGER OF THE DEALERSHIP I ORDERED FROM,NO ONE COULD BELIEVE I WROTE AND ACTUALLY GOT A RESPONSE..GO AHEAD EMAIL THEM EVERYDAY I DID TILL I GOT SOME KIND OF RESPONSE,IT WILL MAKE YOU FEEL BETTER

05flhtcse 09-10-2008 05:55 PM

I wrote three letters and my wife wrote one. Never heard from any of my letters, but the wife stapled them to hers and she actually got a reply and things moved after that. Coincidence ? It can't hurt.

TRW762X51mm 09-10-2008 06:15 PM

Fat Cat, Hang in there buddy, it will come. I have to put this into perspective. The reason my vehicle arrived faster was because:

1. My order was on "SOLD" status. So Dodge built-it faster. Even Financed through them.

2. I got a plain Jane R/T. No fancy leather, no fancy gadgets. Just a radio w/ Sirius, and 4-speakers, 18" wheels, and a really available color.

3. My salesman Andy was always on top of my order. Always keeping me updated. My salesman even sent Dodge a letter to see the status of my order. Kudos to Moss Bros Dodge Riverside. *****

4. Someone cancel a similar vehicle order as mine and my order was bumped-up in production.

5. I was a lucky bastard. [8D]

E

shaky-2 09-10-2008 06:24 PM

TRW762X51mm are you from Riverside ?

RyanNY 09-10-2008 06:56 PM

no worries fatcat, I have in D1 since August 11th. From what I understand Orange will start down the production line starting Friday. We shall see. ;)

Challenger One 09-11-2008 03:19 AM

Called my dealer last night his story on srt8, production will begin mid Sept as Dodge waiting on 6 speed trans. Some one could write a book on all the stories about production, just being patient but Ill still call the dealer weekly to at least keep him trying

fatcat 09-11-2008 08:47 AM

Mopar2ya and everyone else. I can't begin to tell you how much I appreciate your replies and support !!! Along with lots of glue and knowing you members are there for me and I for you makes this wait a lot more bearable on my end. If I ever can do anything for any of you please don't hesitate to ask. Except for $ which I've spent it all on this muscle car ( he he he ) I can try and help in a few other ways I'm sure!

Now the latest news. You wonder why I'm so crazy about this car ? Well not to be morose but my age anything can happen and although I act, feel, and spend like a hot rod teenager anything can happen at anytime. So in my mind time is of the essence and I'm just plain tired of waiting and most of all the ever present confusing info given out by Dodge, Chrysler , and my dealer. to point here is the replies to the 2 E-mails I sent after I got all your opinions:

Dear Wayne:

Thank you for contacting the Chrysler Customer Assistance Center
regarding the 2009 Dodge Challenger you have ordered from your
Dealership.

We are sorry to learn of your dissatisfaction with the time which has
elapsed since your order was placed. The popularity and excitement for
this vehicle has created a situation where demand exceeds the amount of
vehicles that can be built.

We would like to inform that the current status of the vehicle is F
(paint). We encourage you to stay in contact with your salesperson for
the latest scheduling information. Your dealership is the best source
for all information concerning your order.

We appreciate your continued patience while waiting for delivery of your
new 2009 Dodge Challenger.

Thanks again for your email. We value you and your business.

Sincerely,

Natasha Odyuo
Customer Service Representative
Chrysler Customer Assistance Center

And this from Dodge:

Dear Wayne:

Thank you for contacting the Chrysler Customer Assistance Center
regarding your 2009 Dodge Challenger.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you and appreciate the time
and effort you took to write to us.

In response to your email concerning the vehicle order status, we would
like to inform you that as per our records you would receive your
vehicle by the 1st week of October. For the latest information about
your vehicle order status, we suggest that you contact your dealership,
as they are the best resource for this information.

Thank you for your email and for sharing your concern with us.

Sincerely,

Lisa Parker

Customer Service Representative
Chrysler Customer Assistance Center

Now all I want to say is the last E-mail from Ms Lisa Parker said I could expect my car in early Sept !!!! You see what I mean LOL.

But if I'm really in status F which is paint I'm happy it MAY be moving along hopefully ???

Brucer41 yours might be in paint too so lets keep our fingers crossed.

Thanks So Much everyone, Fat Cat[sm=gears.gif]