Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   General Dodge Challenger Discussions (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/)
-   -   WHO HAS A 2009 CHALLENGER ANY MODEL ON ORDER?? (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/who-has-2009-challenger-any-model-order-3811/)

RoswellGrey 08-31-2008 12:24 PM

RE: WHO HAS A 2009 ON ORDER?

A guy I work with just bought a solid black 08 Accord. Beautiful car, which, naturally, he's very proud of. When he showed it to me last night (it was right outside our building), I, of course, told him, "Say, when I get my 09 Challenger, would you park around the block or something? I don't want mine near an old car like that." ;)

BootCamp 08-31-2008 01:13 PM

ORIGINAL: RoswellGrey

A guy I work with just bought a solid black 08 Accord. Beautiful car, which, naturally, he's very proud of. When he showed it to me last night (it was right outside our building), I, of course, told him, "Say, when I get my 09 Challenger, would you park around the block or something? I don't want mine near an old car like that." ;)
I think a swift kick in the b@**s would have been a little more subtle.
;)

05flhtcse 09-02-2008 05:57 AM

Bad news for me this morning on VinWin, my ETA was pushed back to tomorrow. Knowing that it is only three hours away makes that frustrating.

brucer41 09-02-2008 06:15 AM

ARGH! What a PITA for you! Sorry to hear this, I am sure you were all set and ready to go get THE CAR and then apply THE GRIN! At least it is a day and not longer. Have to make sure you post some pics of your beauty after you come down from the high!

tnek 09-02-2008 07:00 AM

Has anyone here actually gotten or heard of a 09 SRT8 being built/delivered??? No offense but to many of the posters here talk about getting cars or imminent delivery but no mention of model. I suppose its great for the RT guys if thats whats showing up but its frustrating to read about who got a car but not what car. I have not seen any info that ANY SRT8 is actually being built or actually in D1 or better. :eek:

I stand corrected, I just checked the registry and see about 6 in D1 and maybe another 8 in D. One shows built. Im about halfway down the C status by order date. I dont get how a D1 has a Aug order date. Oh well....

RUBBERBNDMAN 09-02-2008 07:13 AM

09 SRT8 will be last to be built per earlier post...I will find at lunch. It was posted by someone that had insider info like Neil or Budman.

brucer41 09-02-2008 07:52 AM

I posted last week that my SRT8 is in D1 and has a tentitive delivery date of 9/19. This is a SRT8 with a 6 speed, no sun roof, no MyGig etc. If it stays on track it will be great. I am not holding my breath seeing how others have had theirs changed over and over but as of this AM the status is still the same.

Vehicle Information
Vehicle Identification Number (VIN): 2B3LJ74W89H524332
Order Number (VON): 21959753
Sold Order: Yes
Vehicle Status
Current Location: N/A
Bay Information:
Build Code: Gateline Schedule, 08/29/2008
Dealer Delivery ETA:

*ETA is an estimated date for delivery, not a promise or guarantee. Actual delivery may vary.
Vehicle Distribution Information
Origin Assembly Plant: Brampton Assembly, ON
Origin Shipping Location: Windsor Assembly, ON
Distribution Center: DC-Chicago IL Metro Area, IL
Vehicle Description
Year: 2009
Make: Dodge
Model: CHALLENGER SRT8
Color: Unknown
Dealer Information
Dealer Code: 45120
Address: Dodge of Naperville, Inc.
1565 West Ogden Avenue
Naperville, IL 60540
Route Movements Event Date Location
Current
.. Scheduled for Build (D1) 08/29/2008 06:34 AM CDT Windsor Assembly, ON
Future
.. Shuttled to Facility 09/15/2008 07:00 PM CDT Detroit Jefferson Conner, MI
.. Vehicle Delivered to Dealer 09/19/2008 07:00 AM CDT Dodge of Naperville, Inc.
Naperville, IL

mss3dodge 09-02-2008 08:48 AM

Yeah BRUCER41, I'm not holding my breath either... My dealer called on 8/22 to let me know my car went to D1 status that day (with an estimated ship date of 9/3). Guess what, I'm still at D1 - so I don't think it will be shipping tomorrow, unless it comes as a parts kit!

Marty

ORIGINAL: brucer41

I posted last week that my SRT8 is in D1 and has a tentitive delivery date of 9/19. This is a SRT8 with a 6 speed, no sun roof, no MyGig etc. If it stays on track it will be great. I am not holding my breath seeing how others have had theirs changed over and over but as of this AM the status is still the same.

Vehicle Information
Vehicle Identification Number (VIN): 2B3LJ74W89H524332
Order Number (VON): 21959753
Sold Order: Yes
Vehicle Status
Current Location: N/A
Bay Information:
Build Code: Gateline Schedule, 08/29/2008
Dealer Delivery ETA:

*ETA is an estimated date for delivery, not a promise or guarantee. Actual delivery may vary.
Vehicle Distribution Information
Origin Assembly Plant: Brampton Assembly, ON
Origin Shipping Location: Windsor Assembly, ON
Distribution Center: DC-Chicago IL Metro Area, IL
Vehicle Description
Year: 2009
Make: Dodge
Model: CHALLENGER SRT8
Color: Unknown
Dealer Information
Dealer Code: 45120
Address: Dodge of Naperville, Inc.
1565 West Ogden Avenue
Naperville, IL 60540
Route Movements Event Date Location
Current
.. Scheduled for Build (D1) 08/29/2008 06:34 AM CDT Windsor Assembly, ON
Future
.. Shuttled to Facility 09/15/2008 07:00 PM CDT Detroit Jefferson Conner, MI
.. Vehicle Delivered to Dealer 09/19/2008 07:00 AM CDT Dodge of Naperville, Inc.
Naperville, IL

fatcat 09-02-2008 09:31 AM

Brucer41 and everyone else that recently went to D-1 status. Something to think about that has me wondering and worrying. Those cars that went to D-1 status with a build date of 8/29/2008 might not be built because that was a Hiloiday at the Brampton plant. I checked their work schedule and they were off that day !!! Now does that mean they just put the build off till the next day or few days? Or does that mean since the schedule was on a Holiday day then it won't get built at all ? Lastly maybe because of this holiday it will have to be rescheduled for next month? ARGHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh What do you thing everyone?
I'm sure a hopin and a prayin that its my first choice....just a few days delay PULEASEEEEEESEEE!!!

HELP BUDMAMN WHERE ARE YOU????? Can anyone find out what will happen ?

MORE GLUE PLEASE!!! Fat Cat[sm=gears.gif]

RoswellGrey 09-02-2008 09:57 AM

Well, FatCat, I don't think any of their scheduling makes any difference. The scheduled build date for my Challenger was 8-26-08. Beyond that, nothing is listed on VinWIN. All other scheduled times are listed as "N/A." No estimated shipping dates, no estimated delivery date. My salesman sent me an e-mail yesterday saying simply that there's no change in status and he has no idea why or when the car is supposed to show up. The dealership hasn't gotten any SEs, just 2 R/Ts. I read on another board yesterday that as of 8-25, Brampton supposedly had switched over to making nothing but R/Ts for an entire month, then will go back to making SEs and R/Ts and, eventually, SRTs. I suppose they're more interested in making the R/Ts than SEs, since there obviously is a higher profit margin in the R/Ts (I seriously doubt the engine actually costs $10,000+ more than a V-6).