Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   General Dodge Challenger Discussions (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/)
-   -   WHO HAS A 2009 CHALLENGER ANY MODEL ON ORDER?? (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/who-has-2009-challenger-any-model-order-3811/)

Dodge Favre ever 11-19-2008 05:41 PM

RE: WHO HAS A 2009 CHALLENGER ANY MODEL ON ORDER??

Must be number 8 like in Termn8er :D

ORIGINAL: BUDMAN

OK Arnold has an orange 08 Challenger can anyone tell me what number it is?

ORIGINAL: BLK 6050

ORIGINAL: 05flhtcse

I was watching one of those news magazine shows on TV the other night and they were showing Arnold Swarzenegger and it looked like he was heading for a Hemi Orange SRT8 Challenger. I thought it kind of funny that the govenor of our Greenest state might be driving a muscle car. I would too if I were him. I realize that what he drives is the least of Californias' problems.
I don't think I would want to be the one to tell Arnold..."No, you can't have an SRT Challenger!" And, some how the car just seems to scream "I'm Swarzenegger...got a problem with me and my car!"

Cuda340 11-22-2008 02:38 AM

My long wait is almost over!

After 190 days, my Challenger SRT order is in JB status (i.e., car is built and sent to the upfit center for hood stripes).

It has been a real roller coaster ride. First, the highs of seeing the 2008 Challenger in February 2008 at the Philadelphia Auto Show, to actually ordering the car from Champion Dodge on May 16, and the lows of the torturous wait from BG to BX to D, and then the BIG drop when my dealer went out of business on October 30. I was lower than low at that point- 5 months wasted!

However, instead of giving up, I got back on that roller coaster and things have been good ever since. Bob Frederick switched an existing order he had in C status for me, on October 31, and now I should finally have my car delivered by Bob in an enclosed trailer in less than 10 days!!

Many thanks to all of you who propped me up and told me to stick with it. :)

goatman 11-22-2008 04:53 PM

I have an 09 srt-8 manual coming in any day now. I have a good dilema though. do I keep my 08 srt-8 or trade it in on the 09?

RoswellGrey 11-23-2008 11:01 AM

Oh, go for the 09 of course! You don't want to be seen driving an old car like that 08, do you? ;)

goatman 11-23-2008 01:41 PM

Isn't the 09 a better built car I mean with the new posi and 32 instead of 27 spline axle?

Overpowered 11-23-2008 03:59 PM

My 09 SRT8 6 speed gets delivered to my door tomorrow (Monday) from the transport depot.

They need to VIP clean it then it's on its way within an hour to my house.

Need to get out of the office to take delivery - I hope it happens first thing in the morning since I have meetings all afternoon.

It's been a long wait and even though I have owned it for almost a week now, all I have is a few pictures. I have not touched my car yet.

kramtrah 11-23-2008 04:06 PM

Well, my original 09 order arrived at the dealer yeaterday and I received a call from the dealer this morning to "come see it". I'll have to go on in tomorrow, if nothing more to see my name on the window sticker, but having said that, a name is nothing to the $2k I saved by picking up the 08 outta Salt Lake.;)

mopar2ya 11-23-2008 04:39 PM

ORIGINAL: Overpowered

My 09 SRT8 6 speed gets delivered to my door tomorrow (Monday) from the transport depot.
They need to VIP clean it then it's on its way within an hour to my house.
Need to get out of the office to take delivery - I hope it happens first thing in the morning since I have meetings all afternoon.
It's been a long wait and even though I have owned it for almost a week now, all I have is a few pictures. I have not touched my car yet.
Congrats Overpowered... but you best be hoping that it shows after the meeting... otherwise you may find yourself missing from the meeting. Even if you show for the meeting I wouldn"t expect you would be there mentally... ;)

kramtrah 11-24-2008 05:43 PM

Well, here it is, the original vehicle I ordered and opted not to get because of time and rising costs. I may have stepped back in time according to Roswellgrey, but hey, I saved money and got more car(I didn't order a sunroof or the Perf tires). Two weeks now I have had my 08 and I still have THE GRIN plastered on my face. Woohoo, THE CAR delivers every time I'm out for a drive
[sm=gears.gif]

And Dwayne Lanes, of yeah, they are the ones who said there were no 6sp manuals for this car! hahaha Here's the link to their posting:

kramtrahs Old Order

RoswellGrey 11-24-2008 05:51 PM

ORIGINAL: kramtrah

I may have stepped back in time according to Roswellgrey...
No, Mark, you didn't step back in time. Since you indeed had ordered an 09, you obviously are a Man From The Future who felt it was your duty to help those turn-of-the-century folks find their way into The Amazing Future World of 2009. ;)