Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   General Dodge Challenger Discussions (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/)
-   -   WHO HAS A 2009 CHALLENGER ANY MODEL ON ORDER?? (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/who-has-2009-challenger-any-model-order-3811/)

RoswellGrey 09-02-2008 10:12 AM

RE: WHO HAS A 2009 ON ORDER?

While we're on the subject, let's look at this line from VinWIN:

Current Scheduled for Build (D1) 08-26-2008 07:35 AM EDT Brampton Assembly, ON

What does the phrase "scheduled for build" actually mean? Does that mean the car was meant to be built at 7:35 a.m. EDT on 8-26 or does it mean that the car was placed on some sort of schedule at 7:35 a.m. EDT on 8-26 to be built sometime in the future? I'm beginning to think it's the latter interpretation, since, as I said in my previous post, that no other times are listed.

Husker Donn 09-02-2008 10:19 AM

Roswell;

looks like you and I are in the same boat. Mine says the same thing on VinWin.

brucer41 09-02-2008 10:34 AM

In my opinion the Scheduled for build date is when they tacked the car to whatever schedule they work from. One of the earlier posts somewhere said they were making about 200 Challengers a day and if that is teh case then if they put the car on a build schedule for that date then it would have been built already and be waiting for graphics or who knows what. Like mine say it was scheduled on 8/29 for a delivery date of 9/19. If thats the case, then where would the three weeks be gobbled up? I mean if they built it in one day, then moved it to wherever for QA, graphics etc. and then shipped it, I dont think it would take three weeks. So, it tends to tell me that it is added to a list of carssto be built on a specific date, not that date they gave you as the date on VV.

RyanNY 09-02-2008 11:31 AM

ORIGINAL: brucer41

In my opinion the Scheduled for build date is when they tacked the car to whatever schedule they work from. One of the earlier posts somewhere said they were making about 200 Challengers a day and if that is teh case then if they put the car on a build schedule for that date then it would have been built already and be waiting for graphics or who knows what. Like mine say it was scheduled on 8/29 for a delivery date of 9/19. If thats the case, then where would the three weeks be gobbled up? I mean if they built it in one day, then moved it to wherever for QA, graphics etc. and then shipped it, I dont think it would take three weeks. So, it tends to tell me that it is added to a list of carssto be built on a specific date, not that date they gave you as the date on VV.
Correct. When your car goes to D1 that is when they have set a date for your car to be built. It is almost impossible to predict this date from the outside. My RT went to D1 status on 8/11 and I'm still in D1. I guess I have to wait a little longer. :(

05flhtcse 09-02-2008 12:11 PM

Just more info to chew on, My original Vinvision gave the build date of 8-15 and the car was built on 8-22. I'm thinking that original build date was when the car data was in line, maybe?

challenger_girl 09-02-2008 01:21 PM

I looked at the VinWin list....3 of the cars listed for build dates on 8/29 & 8/22 were sitting on the dealers lot in Bedford Ohio already on 8/25...we even verified the Vin#'s at the dealership today. Just something for you to think about...may be to your advantage.

SKiDs33t 09-02-2008 04:55 PM

It could also be that they are not updating VIN vision with as much detailed info as they did on the 08s. But I tend to agree with Rowswell that the date in Vin Vision is most likely just the date that your cars status was upgraded, and not the scheduled build date.

That IS good news Challenger Girl. What are the VINs on those cars? Id like to see the Vin Vision report to see how much info was actually on it.

Andre@Edge 09-02-2008 04:59 PM

Guys (and girls)

The D1 just means firm build status. No promise of a date, just an ETA
For the 08's they went to D1 and then some went all the way back to C. We figured they were just getting vins done by a set date.
Do you see how too much info is not always a good thing? I have been to many forums, and found this one to be the most informed.

As each of you get your 09's you will post how the wait was worth the car. I know I cant say anything to help that but its just September so nothing is behind.

Dont just jump right to the glue, or you miss out on huffing gas, and solvents. Set a pace, cause while I feel for you all..... I wont share my testors with anyone but my dog!

challenger_girl 09-02-2008 05:01 PM

I will have to wait until tomorrow to send them to you since my husband took them to work to verify it for me today. If I try the VinWin from my computer...it locks me up. If you do not have that problem....open the sheet...it is the 1st 3 orders for Ganley Dodge listed from the top (it was about 10 pages down I believe!?)...stone white, bright silver and black....they also received a blue SE....but I didn't go far enough on the sheet to see where it is. Otherwise, I'll send it to you tomorrow. Sorry.

challenger_girl 09-02-2008 05:02 PM

lucky dog LOL