Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Why folks want to purchase a challenger

Old 01-02-2008, 03:41 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Why folks want to purchase a challenger

Albeeno, I have too much emotions invested in the Challenger since I owned one and would not buy one for myself.

That being said, my wife owned a '76 Camaro and if she wanted one I would buy her one. then it would be like old times.

When I dated her, I had a Challenger and she had a Camaro. My oldest has a Mustang GT 2006. It would certainly
be Muscle cars wars at our house.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 01-02-2008, 05:01 PM

My dad was a big Mopar fan back in the day... I grew up watching Richard Petty who was sorta of a childhood hero of mine. Still remember the 1966 Charger 383 v8 with red interior my dad had when I was a kid. Dang I thought that was cool! When I was in grade school I remember being a crossing guard, and on the particular intersection I used to patrol there was a black 'Cuda that used to park at that corner. Still remember how beautiful I used to think that pure black 'Cuda was. I used to stand there in awe just drooling over that thing! The old Mopars to me just had something that none of the others did... and still do. Muscle and memories... just something particularly special about 'em.
Old 01-02-2008, 08:12 PM

My Dad had a Charger before I was born (79) that I have only seen pictures of - that image must have been imprinted in my mind. If they would have built the new Charger the "right" way I would have bought it, though I'm glad they didn't since the new Challenger hits my image of the 70's muscle car look (which I've always liked) dead on. It's my style and is the best looking car ever. With a modern Hemi and features, why wouldn't I want this?
Old 01-02-2008, 08:47 PM

Basically it comes down to value for me. yes i would like to have an Aston Martin V12 Vanquish... but i dont think my kids would appreciate me spending their college funds on a $260,000 car.

[IMG]local://upfiles/714/F42B729F91C540D58B1B042C46C4AAC3.jpg[/IMG]
Old 01-03-2008, 02:37 AM

goona be weird seeing challengers roaming the streets
Old 01-03-2008, 04:28 AM
Super Moderator

My dad was a Mopar enthusiast and thus am I. We used to go to the NHRA Spring Nationals in Bristol, TN...and watch the races...he used to drag as well in the car featured in my Avatar...I used to not bee (sic) too enthused with his car as a kid (looked to me a little too domestic). Later I learned to appreciate the long nose and the resonance of the exhaust. When, I was a kid, I always thought the Challenger looked like what a fast car was supposed to look like. Still do. That's why I'm getting one!

Old 01-03-2008, 05:13 AM

I can't wait for the day that we finally see some pics of us and our Challengers on the forum after what seems to be a millenia of waiting, and waiting, and waiting...
Old 01-03-2008, 06:18 AM
Super Moderator

Yep. New Avatars o' plenty!

Old 01-03-2008, 07:44 AM

I was dead set on the Mustang (Shelby GT or Saleen, maybe even a GT500) but something just kept holding me back from pulling the trigger. I wanted the Camaro (my 1st real car was a 70 Camaro RS) but I don't want to wait until 2010 and even then I'm not sure the Camaro is THE car for me. I keep coming back to the Challenger, it just looks like what I think a retro muscle car is. I love the retro look with todays technology, that's me in a nutshell.

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like I'm going to get one in April/May though, my main local dealer is doing the "we're not taking deposits" game so they can milk as much as they can and the other dealer is small and only getting 1 and it's sold already.

I have no brand loyalty (apart from my 70 Camaro) I just go for what looks good and bottomline is I prefer the looks of the Challenger.
Old 01-03-2008, 12:24 PM

Yeah at my dealer when they announced, I asked it if they could put me on the list, almost as a joke, now they called in Dec and said that I was number 2 in line for the one they are getting! I hope the guy in front of me passes so I can get it else I might think about it too much since I want the 08 more than anything. Also I am dieing for new pictures!

Quick Reply: Why folks want to purchase a challenger