Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Why the rush to hurry up and wait for the 09's?

Old 05-13-2008, 05:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why the rush to hurry up and wait for the 09's?

Do not understand why everyone is rushing to get on a list for an 09. Wait until October or November and you will have the opportunity to get the versions meant to compete with the new camaro and stang... I am holding out for a 392 with a shaker hood, and as these cars will not be collector items (to many being produced) getting the biggest and baddest is the only way to go.
Old 05-13-2008, 06:37 PM

Default RE: Why the rush to hurry up and wait for the 09's?

Part of it was how fast the '08s sold. I think the vast majority of the 6400 orders were filled out in the initial 24 hours, no?

That's without the manual transmission being available. Many dealers put in a few dozen '09 orders on 05/12/08 when orders opened. I'm interested to see how many combined R/T and SRT8 orders will placed. It's a popular car. If you don't jump on it early, you may not get the precise options/color you want.

For me, I want to do *everything* I can to make sure that I get the *precise* car I want. If that means getting an '09 order placed ASAP and waiting around, that's what I'll do

I'm sure there'll be many people who can zip in last minute and snag the car they want. But, I don't want to play the game -- I want to lock in my car ASAP. That's why I ordered the '09 as soon as possible.
Old 05-13-2008, 06:40 PM

Robman,

Get you a hennesey SRT 700 or the saleen challenger, they will have the ponies and the rarity. Or you could get an srt8 convertible. All of them would be nice and probably cost a few more pennies. At my age, collectability would only be for my son. It would not be a everyday driver. Just cruiser or car shows.
Old 05-13-2008, 07:31 PM
Super Moderator

Get you a hennesey SRT 700 or the saleen challenger, they will have the ponies and the rarity.

Yep get a Hennessey and get burned. [:'(] Sad a company can't be run with good business ethics.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 05-13-2008, 09:25 PM
Super Moderator

First of all, welcome to the site robman1969 & Venthos. Next, I completely agree with robman1969. The fact of the matter is I think more things will be available not less, as this model matures they will have to offer more so then it remains interesting and as it has been out longer, initial bugs will be worked out and improvements will be made. I've had first year cars enough to know better to get a second one. I'm waiting until the demand dies down.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 05-14-2008, 02:56 AM

I wholeheartedly agree with not buying a car in its first year. I got an 04 GTO, thinking I'd be safe since the car had been out for a few years in Australia and surely had all of its issues already worked out... WRONG! That car ended up having more issues - one of them downright dangerous - than I ever thought possible. Thankfully I leased the car and I was able to walk away from it.

And that's not limited to American makes either - I replaced the GTO in Sep 06 with an all-new 07 Camry SE V6 (wife's idea, not mine), and while that car hasn't had the serious issues that the GTO had, it's still had its fair share - squeaks and rattles here and there (not expected for a Toyota), plus the transmission slips between 3-4 upshift when the car is cold... so yeah - that's another reason I'm holding out for an 09 Challenger. I've been a guinea pig too many times already with all-new cars.
Old 05-14-2008, 03:06 AM

for sure let them work out the bugs then buy one
Old 05-14-2008, 03:54 AM

Im with Roboman. Im waiting for the excitement and demand to slow somewhat,,plus its financially more doable for me in 6-10 months.
I also am waiting to see how the 6.4 package works out and I dont have the money or patience for an aftermarket car like a Hennesy.
Old 05-14-2008, 04:36 AM

Well I for one went down last night and ordered mine. No, it wasnt for collector value (as I dont think I will live long enough to see that) I bought it because I have wanted that car since I first saw the concept and to me it was one of the most beautiful cars to come out of Detroit these days. I missed out on buying an original '70 as I was a bit young and by the time I was old enough I couldnt afford it. Now I can do both and am taking advantage. Yes in waiting you may get different options, engines etc. but that is a personl preference. Sure you can get the 392, but in truth with the 6.1 pushing 0-60 in under 5, 1/4 miles in under 13 and a top speed of over 170, how much more do you need for the street? For a few grand you can drop on the supercharger and a few other options and bring the 6.1 up to almost 600 hp which I am sure can satisfy just about anyones craving for sheer horsepower on the street. Add to that..Premium gas here in West Chicagoland was 4.15 a gallon this am...a very good reason to lighten up that right foot.
Old 05-14-2008, 06:33 AM

I'll be holding tight also, make sure all goes well with you guys first, plus let the hype settle a little.
Besides - i still can't decide if i want the 6-speed or automatic as the wife "may" drive it some.

Quick Reply: Why the rush to hurry up and wait for the 09's?