Notices
New Member Area Are you new to DodgeChallenger.com? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Bob Frensley Dodge in Madison, Tn are thieves and liars

Old 09-13-2010, 07:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bob Frensley Dodge in Madison, Tn are thieves and liars

Bob Frensley Dodge are Thieves and Liars!! I bought a new 2010 Challenger SRT8 from them. It had no catalytic converters on it, which is illegal, so I told them they had to put the converters on it. They agreed stating it would be ready in a few days. I was shocked to find that though they had put the converters on; they had also stolen the $1700 cat-back exhaust off the car. Don't ever buy a car from these thieves. Save yourself the anguish.
Old 09-15-2010, 04:19 AM

umm, i think there is a little more to this story than what you are saying

#1 if they sold you a car without cats on it why didnt you just ask for your money back?
i mean i would be leary of what else was done to this car.

#2 how can they steal a cat back exhaust when there is no cats to begin with?
if they had to reinstall cats to your car then that means the original pipes were probably welded in place
once they removed the old cats.
so my theory is they had to install a complete new exhaust from the engine back so it all BOLTED together
as the car would have come from the factory.
Old 09-15-2010, 06:45 AM

That's kind of along the same lines I was thinking... First off you need to give readers the entire story so that they can make up their minds whether or not you have a case. Just not enough facts in your original post to give a clear picture of all that transpired. I would question why a "new" Challenger had no Catalytic Converters on it to begin with as like you correctly pointed out, they could not legally sell the vehicle as a new car without they....so why would they remove them in the first place? Is the car a trade-in, or perhaps a salesman's ride that was mod'ed for some reason?
Sorry, but if you are looking for support, you need to give us the "entire" story, not just half of the story......
(There's a lot more to this story than you are giving us)

Let's be fair to the dealers, and not post "half" stories.........
Old 09-15-2010, 08:34 PM

No Cats is a federal violation and if not cats probably no oxygen sensors which means the fuel injection system will not work properly and yada yada yada. And wouldn't the dealer be risking their sales license ?
Old 09-16-2010, 05:13 AM

Default Further Explaination of thievery

This car had 2,000 miles on it when I purchased it from Bob Frensley Dodge. The only reason a bought this slightly used car was because it was loaded with after market features such as, cold in-take, racing chip, tinted windows, 22" KMC wheels with 35's Hankook tires, headers, and stainless cat-back exhaust. However, as this car sat, it would not pass emissions because it lacked catalytic converters, which is illegal for any dealership to sell as such, according to Federal law. I brought this up, wanting them to install the racing converters, which cost nearly $600. They did want to do that, but said they would re-install the factory exhaust in order to pass Marta(emissions) and give the the racing exhaust to me to take also as it was on the car at purchase. Knowing the hardship that dealers have been through, I agreed in order to save them the expense of the purchase, and we proceeded with the paperwork. They said the car would be ready in a few days. However, when I picked the car up it had only the factory exhaust manifolds and catalytic converters on it with nothing but 2 1/2" straight pipes from there to the rear bumper; no mufflers or resonators. And the car comes with 3" exhaust to begin with. Although I received the headers, the cat-back exhaust was missing. The service manager tried to tell me the cat-back exhaust was on the car, the sales manager tried to tell me that this was the factory exhaust, and when I demanded my trade-in back for the deal was off, they refused saying that the paper work had already been done and filed, and this was a done deal. As this is the third new Dodge I have purchased in the past six years from various dealers, I was completely and utterly shocked by their unethical behavior and unprofessional-ism. I have never been so mistreated in all my life. They lied about everything!! I have filed police proceedings, BBB report, contacted the state attorney general, and Chrysler Corporation, but am getting stone walled with no results. I just want the stolen exhaust replaced, but the general manager refuses to even talk to me about this. I would advise everyone to shop any other Dodge dealership than this Bob Frensley Dodge in Madison, Tn., for there are many honest dealerships out there, this just IS NOT one of them. Save yourself the anguish and embarrassment.

Originally Posted by pdstevens
Bob Frensley Dodge are Thieves and Liars!! I bought a new 2010 Challenger SRT8 from them. It had no catalytic converters on it, which is illegal, so I told them they had to put the converters on it. They agreed stating it would be ready in a few days. I was shocked to find that though they had put the converters on; they had also stolen the $1700 cat-back exhaust off the car. Don't ever buy a car from these thieves. Save yourself the anguish.
Old 09-16-2010, 05:15 AM

This car had 2,000 miles on it when I purchased it from Bob Frensley Dodge. The only reason a bought this slightly used car was because it was loaded with after market features such as, cold in-take, racing chip, tinted windows, 22" KMC wheels with 35's Hankook tires, headers, and stainless cat-back exhaust. However, as this car sat, it would not pass emissions because it lacked catalytic converters, which is illegal for any dealership to sell as such, according to Federal law. I brought this up, wanting them to install the racing converters, which cost nearly $600. They did want to do that, but said they would re-install the factory exhaust in order to pass Marta(emissions) and give the the racing exhaust to me to take also as it was on the car at purchase. Knowing the hardship that dealers have been through, I agreed in order to save them the expense of the purchase, and we proceeded with the paperwork. They said the car would be ready in a few days. However, when I picked the car up it had only the factory exhaust manifolds and catalytic converters on it with nothing but 2 1/2" straight pipes from there to the rear bumper; no mufflers or resonators. And the car comes with 3" exhaust to begin with. Although I received the headers, the cat-back exhaust was missing. The service manager tried to tell me the cat-back exhaust was on the car, the sales manager tried to tell me that this was the factory exhaust, and when I demanded my trade-in back for the deal was off, they refused saying that the paper work had already been done and filed, and this was a done deal. As this is the third new Dodge I have purchased in the past six years from various dealers, I was completely and utterly shocked by their unethical behavior and unprofessional-ism. I have never been so mistreated in all my life. They lied about everything!! I have filed police proceedings, BBB report, contacted the state attorney general, and Chrysler Corporation, but am getting stone walled with no results. I just want the stolen exhaust replaced, but the general manager refuses to even talk to me about this. I would advise everyone to shop any other Dodge dealership than this Bob Frensley Dodge in Madison, Tn., for there are many honest dealerships out there, this just IS NOT one of them. Save yourself the anguish and embarrassment.
Old 09-16-2010, 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by MaybeChallenger
No Cats is a federal violation and if not cats probably no oxygen sensors which means the fuel injection system will not work properly and yada yada yada. And wouldn't the dealer be risking their sales license ?
exactly which is why i call this post BS..... someone is mad about something and trying to hurt a business
that maybe doesnt desrve to be hammered.
the story just doesnt sound right.....