Notices
New Member Area Are you new to DodgeChallenger.com? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Miffed at Dodge Dealerships

Old 05-08-2009, 04:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
You are right on Bandit,I see the same thing here up north.It also is makin me give the Camaro a look,cause the dealers now here are advertising that the Camaros are in stock to sell.

Camaros are getting the same treatment with the dealer mark up. I've seen the Challengers marked up to 20K over MSRP as well. It's a shame. You would think things would be different with the economy the way it is.
Old 05-08-2009, 05:16 PM

Even if your dealer has a small inventory, mine only has 1 or 2 at a time. None when I was looking. They took two weeks and found the car I wanted. They had to make a trade with another dealer in Ohio and send someone with the trade vehicle to pick mine up. 200 miles. By trade I mean another new Dodge of some kind. My dealer went above and beyond in my opinion. Still got all incentives. I just told them I wanted a black one with R/T stripes, sunroof, and 20's. I got that plus stereo upgrade. Do you need my dealer info? I am in Indiana, dealer in Marion.
Get me a bonus $$.. They said if I send business, I get $$ back. There should be more dealers like this out there.
Old 05-08-2009, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by Bandit395
Hello to all, I wanted to get the opinions of new Challenger owners. I have been looking at local Dealerships in S. Florida to purchase a new Challenger and found myself aggrevated that they seem to be selling these cars with a "Limited availability" dealer charge. The SRT8 that I liked had a 20k mark up and the RT'S had a 7k mark up. They gave me a song and dance that the cars were in limited production which warranted this mark up. I told them that I would not pay a mark up and walked out.

What I don't understand is why does this greed continue despite the auto makers crying about lack of sales. If they would quit trying to screw us every chance they get, they would not have this problem. Anyone here experience the same happenings with the dealerships? I just don't see throwing that kind of money on the ground to buy their product.
So dont buy one! How hard was that? If you were to sell your house,should you be told what you can sell it for? It cracks me up people love to try to screw the dealers and get something for nothing but when the dealer has a product they can make money on-they are bad people.
Old 05-08-2009, 08:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No, when your going out of business because your products are not selling and you don't have enough good sense to sell your product at the MSRP... then there in lies the stupidity. And we as a community told bandit to go elsewhere to get the product he is seeking. That my friend is what a forum is for. Shame on the dealers, but it is a captalist country (for now) so he has that right. But I would steer someone away from them and to a dealer he can deal with. As far as the house goes... yeah try to make a dime off one today. Need a better example.
Old 05-09-2009, 09:40 AM

Germanshepherd! I don't recall trying to get something for nothing. I simply refuse to piss 7k down the drain if I can get the car for the best possible price. Your attidude is way out of line for a friendly community forum. As I said before, thank you to all of the positve replies. I am not in a rush and I'll get one for my price.
Old 05-10-2009, 07:13 AM

Unhappy

That,s what I have been preachin on here for months too Bandit.But now with production stopped,and built cars not bein shipped,the dealers that got cars are probably more inclined to hold out for big bucks.They might not be getting any more Challengers in the near future,or at all,and it is not only goin to hurt them but it is goin to screw up us who was wantin to order our own car for the price that would be fair with the dealer and the buyer.If I said it once I said it a million times. I will not pay over the price for any car,and I will not accept and pay for added on costly options that I do not want or need.Give me a bare bones muscle car.Is that to much to ask?
Old 05-10-2009, 02:45 PM

Hi Bandit, well I got my Mother's Day Present yesterday! My hubby bought me the SRT8 fully loaded w/ a manual transmission. We paid $44,355.00 plus tax and license. I don't think it was a bad price, but all I do know is it's one pretty car I'm so excited to have it sitting in my garage! It's the Orange w/ black stripes. Good Luck!
Old 05-10-2009, 04:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WOW chili what a nice gift. You must be one awsome Mom to get an SRT-8. I mean an SE would mean you went above and beyond the call of duty. An R/T would mean you are 1 in 10 billion... but an SRT-8 that is sainthood. All kidding aside have fun and Happy Mothers Day. Enjoy that SRT-8 and grin until it hurts.
Old 05-13-2009, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by germansheperd
So dont buy one! How hard was that?
Or buy one used, like I did.
Although I believe I got a one-in-a-million (or at least a one-in-a-thousand) deal, there are other deals to be had.

Try to buy from a private seller.
On a car this new, and this cool, a private seller will either be trying to pull off a major gouge, or will be very motivated.
It should be easy to tell the difference.

Last edited by Raydar; 05-13-2009 at 10:41 AM.

Quick Reply: Miffed at Dodge Dealerships