Notices
New Member Area Are you new to DodgeChallenger.com? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

South Idaho Folks

Old 01-28-2008, 06:44 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: South Idaho Folks

ORIGINAL: DamnSkippy

Jeremiah, that's what (if I'm not mistaken) the "C" and "B" were for in CB (consumer bandwidth) radios. That was the fcc portion of the spectrum allotted for civilians!

Yeah, my handle at the very tender age of 6 was T-Bird.
Actually they were called Citizen Band radios so you had a good guess. The operated in the 11 Meter band or 26-28 Mhz. One of my first long distance talks was to our friends in Canada/Nova Scotia. I was driving north band on the highway in my sublime Challenger and I must have talked to them for about 10 minutes.

The picture in my avatar was before I put the CB antenna on the back trunk lid. I also used to power a 100 W linear amplifier in my Challenger so I could really talk far and clear. You could see my headlights get sligthly dim when I keyed up the mike. Cool times!
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 01-28-2008, 07:02 PM
Super Moderator

Yeppers. Rats. I was too lazy and cocky to research it (thought I remembered correctly)[&o], botched that one. Los pimentos. :-)

Do you remember a "Golden Eagle" antenna or something of this nature (my folks had one that ran up the chimney)? It had crazy mad range.

Old 01-28-2008, 07:09 PM
Super Moderator

They used to have a Browning Golden Eagle base station that was popular back in the day. I believe it was the best of the best older CB radios and I believe
it used vacuum tubes.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.