Notices
New Member Area Are you new to DodgeChallenger.com? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Still Waiting

Old 12-03-2008, 06:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Still Waiting

I'm with epegasus - why so opposed to the 20" wheels? At first I thought - they might not be right, but man they look good. Also, 20" wheels are a lot more available these days and they are not as expensive as they used to be ( you know - when the only 20" wheels were on the escalades and tahoes out and about). We didn't special order our SRT8. I held firm to the Black Crystal Pearl. When the SRT8 came in - our local dealership wanted $5,000 over MSRP. Don't get me wrong, I'm certain that it is worth it - I just didn't want to pay that. When they came way down - we said yeah. Wait - we said "hell yeah!" - She is SUPER sweet!!! No sun roof - but everything else you can imagine. Stay with the 6 speed - there is nothing like it. Even though you ordered something - keep test driving or keep your eyes open because the right deal (or better deal) might come along. Loving it now - but at the same time - don't settle. NEVER settle. You will only regret it in the long run. Good luck and best wishes for quick delivery (or discovery).... whichever the case may be.
Old 12-08-2008, 08:18 AM

SRTWife and Epegasus... personal preference. My wife has low profile wheels/tires on her Acura TL and they have been nothing but trouble .. from busted tires to scraped wheels and it seems as they have magnets because every time I turn around she has a nail or screw in them. The roads in the NOVA - Wash DC area aren't always the best, specially in the colder months when freezing / thawing occurs . . I just don't feel as though the 20"s will withstand an accidental run in with a pot hole as well as the 18"s will - I could be completely wrong.. Like I said, I guess it comes down to personal preference. I agree the 20"s do look good - no doubt about it.

Challengers seem to be gathering on local dealer lots now - 3 or 4 months ago they would be gone as soon as they arrived. My local dealer now has had (3) RTs on their lot for over a month (one of them is the white 6 speed I test drove). Another dealer close to where I work has had a SE and a couple RTs for about 2 months and now I see they have 2 or 3 SRTs in stock. I'm keeping my eyes open and if something comes in close enough to what I want .. I could be swayed into a decision for the right $$. Until then, I'm hoping my car gets built and delivered before there are no more "Big 3".
Old 12-08-2008, 08:37 AM

The 20" wheels on the SRT8 are Forged wheels. They are stronger then any other wheel available from the OEM. Don't forget they are lightweight as well. Check their weight against an aftermaket 20" and the weight difference is significant.
Old 12-08-2008, 02:49 PM

Firehawg
Sorry about your wife's TL - I got lucky - yes I do have those sport wheels too - but my dealership does a "tires for life" program as long as you have it serviced there. I have had a total of 2 full sets of tires. Not sure if the 20"s will be better than 18"s in the big pot holes - I've seen lots of tires and wheels damaged from horrible roads.

Good luck on the wait -
Old 12-14-2008, 07:38 PM

Ok my patience is running thin now. [:@] I've started looking around at inventory within a 200 mile radius. I can't find any RTs in White and/or with 18" tires/wheels. I have pulled out (3) RTs (Black, Tored, Deepwater Blue) from my search. All 3 of them have everything I'm looking for except the color and 18" tires/wheels and they also have the Sound Group2. I spoke to one dealer (via email) the MSRP is 39,305, I offered them 36K and they came back $37,316. I'm seriously considering pulling the trigger....
Old 01-08-2009, 07:09 PM

Ok..Ok.. It's been a while since I've been on the forum. I couldn't stand it anymore. My order wasn't making progress. Chrysler was taking Fed money and shutting down their plants for a month. What's next?? How long will I have to wait for my car to be built?? I cracked under all the pressure. I went out and searched, searched and searched for an RT like I had on order. I couldn't find an exact match but I did find a compromise I could live with. . [sm=happybounce.gif]

Since 12/17 I am now the proud owner of a brand new 09 Dodge Challenger RT, Tored Red, 27J, 6 Speed Manual, Electronics Convenience Group, Sound Group 2, HID, Sunroof, and 20's. AND...AND.. the car I bought was $2500 more than the car I ordered, but I got the one I bought for $4 less than the one I ordered!!!!!!!

Man this car draws attention and a crowd no matter where you go...

Loving life and enjoying the ride in VA! (or at least until the payments start!)

[IMG]local://upfiles/1805/A265F33200C74803B890E28ABE79DCEE.jpg[/IMG]
Old 01-08-2009, 09:11 PM

Beautiful car, firehawg. Next to white, TorRed is my favorite color. Congrats!
Old 01-08-2009, 09:50 PM

ORIGINAL: RoswellGrey

Beautiful car, firehawg. Next to white, TorRed is my favorite color. Congrats!
Next to Black...Black is my favorite color...............
Old 01-09-2009, 01:40 AM

ORIGINAL: BLK 6050

Next to Black...Black is my favorite color...............
Yep. That's the way it was back in the old days when your 08 was new, Joe. The Challenger, available in any color, as long as it's black (or silver or orange).