Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

55 mph Speed Limit?

Old 07-08-2008, 06:52 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 55 mph Speed Limit?

If Congress does that, they will see an overturn so great they will never know what hit them. If this happens, I will not be in a good mood. The 55mph does not guarantee that lives will be saved as there will be more people breaking the speed limit and be more likely to have accidents with people following the laws, and the sad thing is there will probably be a sick lawyer who will win a lawsuit for the one breaking the law against the people following the law.

The issue is the government needs to propose real solutions, not "drive slower to improve your mileage." Okay, if we are going to make efforts to improve mileage, then lets get rid of the power and fuel mileage robbing emission controls. I find that it is more due to the way you accelerate as opposed to what speed you drive. When I drive 70 over 65, the difference is very little maybe 1mpg, when I accelerate hard the difference is at least a 3mpg difference. The issue is we need more energy and more alternative sources as well that work WITHOUT adding to another monopoly or supporting the same energy source again under the disguise of a so called "earth friendly" solution that still uses fossil fuels if not more (i.e. wind turbines) when the "natural" source of energy isn't enough to power it.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts