Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Another Mustang - OMG

Old 06-08-2007, 06:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Mustang - OMG

Super Snake Priced
Get an extra 100 hp (warrantied!) in your GT500—for just $27,995

AutoWeek | Published 06/07/07, 4:35 pm et
If too much is never enough, you might want to add the Super Snake package to your Ford Shelby Mustang GT500. For a mere $27,995 over and above the $41,950 sticker on a “base” GT500, you can add 100 ponies and a host of other go-fast goodies without losing warranty coverage. We feel obligated to remind you a base Mustang GT stickers for $26,440 and offers 300 hp.

Those who place output above warranty issues can opt for the 720-hp kit.

All cars are sent to the Shelby factory in Las Vegas to be modified and receive a special serial number. See the press release below for all the details.

PRESS RELEASE

Prototype Super Snake Package to appear at Mid-America Meet

Las Vegas – June 7, 2007 – Executives with Shelby Automobiles™ have announced that the company will transform consumer owned 2007 and 2008 Ford Shelby GT500’s into fire breathing “Super Snake” coupes for only US$27,995.00. Beginning in late summer of 2007, a limited number of GT500 owners can have this post-title package applied to their car at the Shelby Automobiles facility in Las Vegas.

“The Ford Shelby GT500 is fast, but hard core enthusiasts asked us for a way make their Shelby a more aggressive, balanced performing track car,” said Carroll Shelby, founder of Shelby Automobiles. “Thanks to our partnership with Ford Racing, our Super Snake package will make their stock Shelby GT500 one of the most balanced, fastest, most fearsome muscle cars in the world. I’m going to hunt Vipers and Corvettes with mine”

Working together at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway and in Dearborn, Ford Racing and Team Shelby developed the aggressive suspension and engine package specifically for the car. Tuning options will range from a warranted 600 HP V8 to over 725 HP (unwarranted). Each car modified at the Las Vegas Shelby Automobiles facility will be documented and receive a special serial number.

A GT500 with the first Super Snake package will be on display at the Mid-America Ford Performance and Shelby Meet in Tulsa, Okla. Headquartered at the Tulsa Marriott, the event includes a broad range of activities including drag racing, cruise night, road racing exhibitions, a car show and banquet.

“I’m excited to debut our new Super Snake package for the enthusiasts at the Mid-America Ford and Performance Meet,” added Amy Boylan, president of Shelby Automobiles. “They’ll be the first to see this amazing car with world-class capabilities. When combined with the MSRP of a GT500, this upgrade is far less expensive than the price of any other car with even close to the Super Snake’s power. No one can touch the performance, exclusivity and heritage of this post title Shelby package.”

The GT500 Super Snake package, which will be installed at the Shelby factory includes:

Ford Racing Supercharger upgrade kit producing over 600 horsepower and 590 ft.-lbs. of torque; an optional 725 horsepower system is available

6-speed manual transmission with a Ford Racing short-throw shifter and 3.73:1 rear axle ratio

Borla performance exhaust system for the 600 horsepower version; JBA manifold and back system for the 725 horsepower option

Engine dress up kit including billet aluminum fluid caps and dip stick handle

Ford Racing suspension tuning including dynamic adjustable dampers, lowering springs, tuned stabilizer bars, and front strut tower brace

Exclusive Shelby- Alcoa 20-inch forged wheels with Super Snake center caps

Shelby / Baer 6 piston forged front brakes calipers with cross drilled and vented rotors all around

Front and rear brake cooling ducts

Side scoops, carbon fiber front fascia splitter, mirror covers and rocker panels

Classic Shelby design hood with functional scoops

Super Snake exclusive striping

‘Shelby’ lettering across the front edge of hood and r
Old 06-08-2007, 07:37 AM

Default RE: Another Mustang - OMG

What ever happened to the challenger that Dodge was coming out with ?
How many people gave up waiting and bought a Mustang or a Corvette because there was just no news coming from Dodge to keep their hopes up !
Old 06-08-2007, 08:01 AM

well, it still doesn't have the horsepower of the Challenger.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:26 AM

ORIGINAL: 6 pack

How many people gave up waiting and bought a Mustang or a Corvette because there was just no news coming from Dodge to keep their hopes up !

I did. Car in my avatar.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:06 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: 6 pack

It was confirmed that it would be produced, what more do you really need? They don't want to give away all the info because they know that Ford is watching to update and improve their model right before or after the Challenger comes out so then they will not be defeated so easily.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 06-12-2007, 06:24 PM

Go to the Dodge Challenger site above, how old is the info ?...a year ?

I hope your not holding your breath !
Old 06-12-2007, 07:45 PM
Banned

I am signing up for the GT500KR. That or a nice low mileage Ford GT. This Challenger crap is never going to happen, if it does it will weigh 2 plus tons w/only 425 Hp to move its heavy ass.
Old 06-12-2007, 11:01 PM

Patience grasshopper
Old 06-13-2007, 08:23 AM

I feel bad for dodge because personally im young but i make enough money where i can enjoy having a beautiful car like the new challenger. Sadly when i was younger i had a v6 mustang that was 2 years old i remember the payments being so easy to afford and the bang you get for your buck is unmatchable PERIOD. I was pretty hard headed on "when the challenger comes out i don't care of the mark up i want one" Now its like well if they try to price gouge my money out of my pocket. I will simply walk across the street and buy a beautiful v8 GT or a lower lined Shelby. I'm hoping Dodge doesn't screw up and charge a arm and a leg, I was talking to my Fiancee about it and i was thinking. Can they honestly release it with a huge price tag? I personally don't think they can because if the did and no one bought them (me being one which if they keep it reasonable im a promised sell) it would be a hit that i don't think dodge can afford to take.

Anyone else feel the way I do or have any comments?
Old 06-13-2007, 11:00 AM

The Challenger will come out when the hierarchy is ready. It's like Christmas when you were a kid... you look forward to it and all the hype that goes with it. Then the day arrives and boom, it's over. The hype is gone. I guess they think adding hype to the wait will have people fighting each other as they race to the dealer to get one once the release date arrives.

There was hype on the 04' GTO too. That was a bust. GM anticipated customers snatching them up. More people turned away from them than people purchasing them. A few subtle redesigned changes for the 05-06's and sales picked up but not enough to save the car. GM fell on it's ass. Dodge was hesitant on even bring this car out until they found if there was enough interest. There was interest in the GTO too until it came out, maybe Dodge is leery? The GTO just didn't appeal to the masses once it was released even though GM thought there was enough interest. There are MANY, I included who like the retro look, then there are MANY who don't.

Then there is the gas issues. The government is determining what you buy. They are putting the squeeze on auto manufacturers to produce high MPG cars, thanks to the oil companies. Gone are the days when you decide you want to buy a car then go out and look and look and decide what you want. Today MANY are not buying what they want, they are buying what will give them the best MPG. Sacrificing wants for needs. Come on, how many people really want a Prius? If the Prius got 15MPG they'd be sitting on the lots. The oil companies are ultimately determining what the government will let the auto manufactures build.

Automatic GTO's and vettes are strapped with a 1300 doillar gas guzzlers tax. Expect it for the auto Challengers. It's a penalty for the consumer.
If sales of the Challenger do not meet or exceed Dodges expectations it will not last long, unless Dodge makes them a hybrid. How many would buy a Challenger hybrid with 200 HP?

One sure way to move the cars is to price them to move. IF they target the 40K a year income person and the dealers jack the price up to the 60K a year income person the car may not sell. At 60K there are other cars out there that appeal to that range income person.

Patience..... Christmas is coming.

Quick Reply: Another Mustang - OMG