Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

CAMARO PRICING LEAKED!

Old 10-13-2008, 11:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CAMARO PRICING LEAKED!

yea because they are banking on selling high volume of both and if they put a mid level v8 it wouldnt work....
Old 10-13-2008, 01:43 PM

ORIGINAL: davecpa

it is still ugly [:'(]
[sm=exactly.gif]
Old 10-13-2008, 03:33 PM

ORIGINAL: RoswellGrey
sales of Challengers will dry up until the greedy Dodge dealers start getting hungry.
Actually, that's precisely what I'm banking on.

Furthermore, I actually think it's kinda sad that for $30,995 you can get a 422 hp 6-speed Camaro when it's (at least) 10 grand more to get a similar 425 hp Challenger SRT, plus it's a few hundred pounds lighter.

But I still want one - and like Roswell said, hopefully the new Camaro will gin up enough interest that Dodge dealers will FINALLY drop their greediness and actually start dealing. THEN, and only then, I'll be ready to get one.
Old 10-13-2008, 08:27 PM

ORIGINAL: Yankee

ORIGINAL: RoswellGrey
sales of Challengers will dry up until the greedy Dodge dealers start getting hungry.
Actually, that's precisely what I'm banking on.

Furthermore, I actually think it's kinda sad that for $30,995 you can get a 422 hp 6-speed Camaro when it's (at least) 10 grand more to get a similar 425 hp Challenger SRT, plus it's a few hundred pounds lighter.

But I still want one - and like Roswell said, hopefully the new Camaro will gin up enough interest that Dodge dealers will FINALLY drop their greediness and actually start dealing. THEN, and only then, I'll be ready to get one.
wow yankee can you clone yourself 1000x and make all of your clones sign each one up to this forum... you my friend understand.....
Old 10-13-2008, 08:51 PM

I agree all the way Yankee...
I said before that they should be able to put this Challenger out for less... It's kinda Ironic we had this discussion one time about a few months ago and everyone thought the Camaro was going to be as much or more than the Challenger... Well, well how times have changed, huh?
It's exactly what i've heard and read about in the past with the pony car wars... the Challenger was a "rich boy toy"... My girls pops has said that several times... I think thats the reason he never liked them... Even though when this retro version came out he was complementing it so much... But now I know how he felt 30 something years ago... It truly is a "rich boy toy"... I love my Hemi, I love my truck, I love Dodge.... BUT.... for 30k I can stand next to 'VETTES... Still look pretty bad-ass
I've got the new gen. LS3... which the LS2 was fregging bad... So hmmm LS3??? Wow even I thought they wouldn't put the LS3 in the Camaro SS... I thought they would stick the LS2 in it... So all that chatter I used to bring up about S/C's on the R/T and Stroking the R/T... LOL.... How about a S/C on an LS3???? Can you say ZR1... I'll be tearing new a-holes in everything for less than a BRAND NEW SRT.... I've got MOPAR in my blood, but this isn't the MOPAR i've come to love... sorry but it's so damn true... Im really truly haveing an incredibley hard time with this and hate to say it but now its 50-50...
P.S. I love fast cars... everyone I work with knows that... I've put the Challenger on a petostool... Like one kid said at work "Don't go to the dark side"... Well, like I said a second ago.... I like fast cars...
Old 10-13-2008, 09:03 PM

haha I know how you feel khris....
Old 10-16-2008, 08:48 AM

I'm not stressing about this, chevy just solidified the chally as the rich mans car then, we're luxury stat in the modern muscle word then

so not only are we better looking, but we have more class and style haha

thanks for making me look good GM!
Old 10-16-2008, 08:14 PM

ummm that's my point TREV... it's been the rich mans car since 1970 really, I just never really wanted to beleive it...
Well I want a performer and yes the SRT's are performers but at a high cost really...
To Andre's quote... im getting the same thing you are but for less... If they would make a stripped down version of the SRT without the mygig and leather, and theres some other stuff you could do with-out, I'd be all over it you can get a loaded SS for 35k and one that is I guess more of a "base" for 31k just doesnt' have leather and some other "conveince" things you don't need, just junk to raise the price of the car...IMO... Stuff you would only use once or twice...
I still want a Challenger... just seems like Chevy has the car for me, right now at least...
Old 10-16-2008, 09:23 PM

fair argument...
Old 10-16-2008, 10:05 PM

Looks like a Chick car.
they should have put the 69 grill on it like one the other concept car had.

Quick Reply: CAMARO PRICING LEAKED!