Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Challengers in upcoming movie?

Old 01-25-2009, 11:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Challengers in upcoming movie?

Does the following story off the jalopnik site mean we can expect to see the new Challenger in the upcoming movie: "Terminator: Salvation"??............(just wondering)

Thank you Chrysler for taking taxpayer money and applying it where it is truly useful: Movies. Chrysler plans to bombard us with product placement (please, not the Sebring) in the upcoming Terminator: Salvation.
This week has been a monumental week for Chrysler, LLC. First, announcing they’d create a global partnership with Fiat, but that wasn’t the only partnership this week.
They’ve also announced a sponsorship deal with the producers of Terminator: Salvation for an undisclosed amount of cash. For those of you wondering why that’s such a big deal — or if maybe you’ve been living in a cave for the last six months — that cash, the very little they have, is part of the $4 billion taxpayer-funded government bailout package that was handed out this past month.
Chrysler refused to comment on the cost of the deal, but their director of media, Susan Thompson had this to say:
This spring, Terminator 4 comes out and we will be one of the sponsors. We have a following with the Terminator movies and we are going to continue with that."
We’re not sure what kind of a following they have since the last Terminator movie featured Toyota products, but we’ll let them think there's some kind of a connection between the films and Chrysler. I think they may mean the existing relationship they have with the TV show, but forgive Thompson for being confused, we hear the plotline of how the TV show and movies fit together is similarly confusing.
But, we must remember, this isn't the first time Chrysler's paid to play — last we remember, the Fantastic Four "Fantasticar" had a HEMI.
Terminator: Salvation starring Christian Bale, opens in the U.S. on May 22, just two months prior to Chrysler going back to congress to seek an additional $3 billion in taxpayer-funded government
Old 01-25-2009, 02:08 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Challengers in upcoming movie?

Now, you have to remember that you have to have marketing to make a business successful. Even if you build the best cars in the market, if nobody knows about it, the result is worthless. Product placement can be quite effective; however, I'm not sure this will be the most effective movie to utilize it through. Remember that the movie Twister was thoroughly a product placement ad and it paid off quite well. Let's just hope this will be a good movie to use for product placement.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 01-25-2009, 04:14 PM

I agree one hundred percent, but a few ads placed on TV would also be effective...Other than the RAM Pickups, I have seen no ads for any Chrysler vehicles...With the new Mustang and Camaro...you would think a little air time would be a good thing. Sure the Challenger alone will not save the company, due to it's limited market....but just as Hemi cars use to get people into the showroom to buy 318 and 383 models in the old days....perhaps the new Challenger could get people into today's showroom, then they will walk past it to buy another type vehicle....Just a thought...
Old 01-25-2009, 04:52 PM

i also believe there will be a new Challenger in the upcoming Fast&Furious movie comin out later this yeara much better product placement movie for cars
Old 01-25-2009, 05:13 PM

The 1970 Charger with the blower from the first F&F will be in Part Four....havn't heard that a new Challenger will also be included....would be nice....(also a 1981 Chrysler Imperial will be in Part 4 as well) (*funny how movies that promotes Rice Burners all need American Muscle cars....)

ORIGINAL: JJMPB

i also believe there will be a new Challenger in the upcoming Fast&Furious movie comin out later this yeara much better product placement movie for cars
Old 01-26-2009, 08:34 AM

ORIGINAL: BLK 6050

(also a 1981 Chrysler Imperial will be in Part 4 as well)
Geez, I shudder to imagine what they're gonna do with a car like that! [sm=smiley5.gif]

Or I guess the real question is... WHY?
Old 01-26-2009, 09:01 AM
Super Moderator

I agree one hundred percent, but a few ads placed on TV would also be effective...Other than the RAM Pickups, I have seen no ads for any Chrysler vehicles...With the new Mustang and Camaro...you would think a little air time would be a good thing. Sure the Challenger alone will not save the company, due to it's limited market....but just as Hemi cars use to get people into the showroom to buy 318 and 383 models in the old days....perhaps the new Challenger could get people into today's showroom, then they will walk past it to buy another type vehicle....Just a thought...
Agreed, they need to advertise more, and they are the ones who need to do it instead of these local dealers. They also need to stop these entire brand line up ads. They aren't effective if people don't know anything about them.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 01-26-2009, 09:54 AM

Hey, the Imperial is for sale at the Volo Auto Museum, located 50 miles Northwest of Chicago...better hurry if you want it....the site said to name your own price! (I know what my offered price would be, but you can only can so far into negitive figures) All I can say about the car,is that it is a Movie car...not a Show car. Check out their web site if you want a "looksee" just protect your eyes....

ORIGINAL: Yankee

(also a 1981 Chrysler Imperial will be in Part 4 as well)
Geez, I shudder to imagine what they're gonna do with a car like that! [sm=smiley5.gif]

Or I guess the real question is... WHY?
Old 01-28-2009, 05:10 PM

they acutally have the new Dodge commercial with the new employee financing for all shows all Dodge vechiles in red with the Challenger leading the rest of them. what i heard in the new F&F movie was at the end he gonna have a black new Challenger replacing his GN he has at the begining of the movie and that the motor from that 70 Charger is gonna be in the new Challenger