Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Dealership Closure List?

Old 08-17-2009, 08:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealership Closure List?

I just read an article in my latest issue of Mopar Collector's Guide about the dealership closure list. It states that the Washington Examiner did a story about this. Of the 789 Chrysler dealerships that had to close 788 of them were Republican backed/supporters. But the Government in respose says "It is a right wing nut job conspiracy theory". It says that the car manufacturers did not come up with the list of closure but that the appointed "Automotive Task Force" had indeed made the list. Keep in mind that everybody on the task force was appointed by the current amidistration. The article also asked "How does closing dealerships make more profitable manufacturer?" "How does this help our economy, 100,000 are now unemployed."

It states a lot of other facts as well. Very interesting read. I would recommend this to everybody. Has anybody else heard anything about this?
Old 08-18-2009, 04:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As a pre-face, I am politically neutral. I'm just floating this as an idea how I see it. Generally the 'Republican' heavy states (examples being Nebraska, Arizona, Idaho) have a smaller population/acre equating to a smaller customer base than most of the 'Democratic' heavy states (California, Pennsylvania, New York). Logically the auto makers would want to target dealerships that have the lowest potential up side.

Maybe I'm right, maybe you're right, I don't know. Just having a thought.