Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Do you avoid watching the news?

Old 10-06-2008, 02:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do you avoid watching the news?

Do you avoid watching the news?

I know they are hard core fear mongerers to get viewers. I normally don't watch the news because I know it's bad for you, according to some success gurus like Harv Eker. But recently I started watching it every day. I thought I could handle it, but it ended up making me somewhat scared and nervous. So I have quit watching it again to get back my peace of mind. I have been told by all the success gurus that you have to maintain a very positive, optimistic mind if you want to be successful. They say that the losers and failures are the ones whose heads are filled with negative thoughts and emotions, which keep them down in the gutter. I really hate radio talk shows, because the host's #1 job is to make you very ANGRY and agitated about all the current events and political issues. Nowadays I can't stand any message boards where there are a lot of extremely negative people. Also, politics drives me crazy. I think the world is going to be JUST FINE, and I am going to TUNE OUT all the news media and political noise from now on. I don't want to hear any more about murders, wars, and impending world doom.

Old 10-06-2008, 03:15 AM

Default RE: Do you avoid watching the news?

I agree. Also a lot of "reporting" on economy and elelction are not really reports, but anlysis (biased) and projection (generally negative). And so much repititi.on
I usually watch for weather and local stories.
Old 10-06-2008, 04:30 AM

Caught a little football with my son yesterday... good news/bad news. Hawks got clobbered... bad news... Steelers pulled down another W... good news. Then... lets see... watched a little TV when I went to bed... found it is the one thing that will put me to sleep quicker than anything.

That"s about the extent of my routine TV watching. As for news I figure I stumble across what I need to know during the day. Most people are happy to share what they saw on the news so I figure I hear about the important stuff.

I look up the local weather in the morning to see what the day is going to bring in that regard... and listen to the goof-balls on the classic rock station on my way to work which usually puts a grin on my face on the way. As for news... I don"t really see the need to get bombarded by all the doom and gloom and garbage for a solid hour on end so don"t bother watching. There"s enough negative in our regular routines that it naturally balances out with the positive... all that extra bad news would just throw things out of balance.

New Challenger in the garage though has definately kept the scale tilted in the positive direction lately... I would highly recommend one to those who haven"t gotten thiers yet...

BTW... have a positive day...

Old 10-06-2008, 06:30 AM

I no longer watch network news (ABC, CBS, NBC) or (CNN & MSNBC), as they are no longer news agencies...its now their personal agenda that you hear...I watch the news, for news not opinons...it's so openly biased it's really transparent to anyone who is a real thinker......
I watch Fox news...and no I don't agree with everything they report.....but at least they cover both sides...(even the wrong one)...which is not a bad thing as I want to hear what both sides are thinking/doing.
People need to start getting the whole story and not just what the networks are spoon feeding them.
[now stepping off the soap box, and leaving the room...going to sit in my Challenger for a while and make the world go away]
Old 10-07-2008, 10:43 AM

when you watch the news you got to remember that whether your watching it, whether your not watching, and regardless of what the news says is going to happen... there's not much you can do about it.

just hop in your chally and burn rubber and laugh while your hairs pushed back by the wind.