Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

How many Put $$ down on the new Challenger?

Old 12-28-2007, 09:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How many Put $$ down on the new Challenger?

Local dealers in this state that I have talked to are not taking money on thier Challengers. They are waiting to see who offers up the most amount of money for them. I have one coming and presold it for $66,985. We have since been offered another $10,000 over the sold price but are not taking any more offers.
Alot of you out there don't think the "greedy dealers" are going to sell these for that big of a profit but it's happening. Everyone out there is going to sell for a huge profit and all of us little people who can't afford one right now will have to look at those who could afford them with envy.
Old 12-28-2007, 10:08 AM

Default RE: How many Put $$ down on the new Challenger?

Sure, I'll look with envy but I'll be looking with a smile and saying, "D*mb@ss, should have waited."
Old 12-28-2007, 10:14 AM

But dumb ass has a Challenger SRT8 and one smokin hot wife that is going to give him anything we wants because her name is on the window sticker!
Old 12-28-2007, 10:21 AM

ORIGINAL: dodgesales
Alot of you out there don't think the "greedy dealers" are going to sell these for that big of a profit but it's happening. Everyone out there is going to sell for a huge profit and all of us little people who can't afford one right now will have to look at those who could afford them with envy.
That won't last long, Bud.
My understanding is that with the restructuring of Chrysler LLC under Cerberus, the overstocking of dealers with vehicles that they can't get rid of (and were forced to accept/sell) will be tapered to a trickle, and the cars they CAN and DO sell will be available as the market demands. I believe this "Euro-nese" philosophy is what has worked so well for the overseas automakers and kept them in the black while the Big Three have been writing with red ink.
The demand for the Challenger will be met by Dodge with the appropriate number of cars and the price will be reflective of that.

I think the "dickering" we're accustomed to with buying US brand/made cars is going to change as well. There's less room in the Japanese stickers to deal and I think you'll see a similar adjustment made to American cars/deals in the very near future.
Old 12-28-2007, 10:37 AM

I really want to agree with you but because the unions are as much an influence as the market when it comes to volume there will still be plenty of inventory. They have to have the factories hum at a certain volume w/ less regard to demand than the Orientals or Euros have. My 2 cents.

I put down a deposit on an 08 at msrp after calling 10 dealers. I was shocked and jumped on it out of value more than need for a new car. My nephew is probably gonna get it if he committs to me. My current car is only 5 months old so will take a beating when i sell. We'll see. I think im gonna keep it if they have ram air of some sort and anything else unique besides the plaque on the dash.
Old 12-28-2007, 10:57 AM

ORIGINAL: davidstan

I really want to agree with you but because the unions are as much an influence as the market when it comes to volume there will still be plenty of inventory. They have to have the factories hum at a certain volume w/ less regard to demand than the Orientals or Euros have. My 2 cents.
True enough. But keep in mind what happened right after LLC came to terms with UAW on a new contract.......the layoffs began after buyouts ended. I think the unions are starting to see that ultimately, the consumers determine how many UAW members will be working. Their "bargaining leverage" has been reduced to terms/details of the contract, not how many people keep their jobs. And those who are left are going to have to "do more with less" like the rest of us in the remainder of the US economy have had to do for so long now.
Adapt or perish.
Old 12-28-2007, 12:08 PM
Super Moderator

Local dealers in this state that I have talked to are not taking money on thier Challengers. They are waiting to see who offers up the most amount of money for them. I have one coming and presold it for $66,985. We have since been offered another $10,000 over the sold price but are not taking any more offers.
First of all, dodgesales, what is the point of this thread other than to cause trouble? We get it, you run a dealership; therefore, you will use the rules of supply and demand to get a higher than normal price for the Challenger and other dealers will do the same because for right now it is a very limited production run. Next year, the production level will increase and the rest of us will be more able to afford them.

Secondly, this does not belong in the General Challenger Discussion section, your ego and bragging about your power is irrelevant to Challenger itself, it is more about the practices and business of a dealership which is Off Topic.

Thirdly, this is little different than your previous threads which in a way could be a double post as this is nothing other than a continuation of your previous points.

Fourth, I'm getting growing very impatient with you on this and if you break just one of our rules in this thread, it will be gone.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 12-28-2007, 12:32 PM

He wants to show us there's a limit to his greed, but at the same time, he's enticing people to buy into his "gouge the customer" philosophy of selling cars - so we can commit to buy from him at only $25K over MSRP instead of from some "TRULY Greedy Dealer" who "has no scruples" and will charge even more over the sticker.
It's a poorly veiled attempt to lure a sucker into a deal. Pretty shrewd when you think about it. You could compare it to a new car salesman standing outside of a Jiffy Lube, telling customers "You wouldn't be here at Jiffy Lube today if you bought a new car from ME today instead".
He's going where the "prospects" are - here in the forum. Too bad for him that we're showing more patience than HE is. He's getting desperate to make huge $$'s while the product is new and demand exceds supply. Poor fellow...... He's showing his hand before the bets are all in.

Old 12-28-2007, 01:21 PM

$66K?!! Talk about depreciation. C'mon...Dodge dealers will flood the streets with the 09 models in late 08 (with all kinds of options, colors, engines and trannys). They'll get MSPR and less. Then in 09 Dodge will come out with a 6.4L and people will pay well above MSPR for that one, again. Nothing new here.
Old 12-28-2007, 05:31 PM

all of us little people who can't afford one right now will have to look at those who could afford them with envy.
No we won't. I think I speak for all of us when I say that there's alot more in this world to envy than someone who grossly overpaid for a car.

Quick Reply: How many Put $$ down on the new Challenger?