Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

I hate winter weather!

Old 02-27-2008, 10:59 AM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I hate winter weather!

You guys use chains. As far as I'm aware, we are not allow to use chains. I thank you for your efforts to clean off the roads in your area. It's a thankless job, but I would like to thank you for it.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 02-27-2008, 12:57 PM

Thanks, Bud. Not looking for a pat on the back...... just saying I'm really tired of winter too. It's been too busy.
Tonight (hopefully) will be the first night I'll be "home" in the past week. (I should have taken a nap.)

BTW - In my 18 years of doing this, we've used chains once. The guys tend to drive too fast with them on and when they come loose, they tear the air lines, marker lights and fenders off of the trucks. The one time we DID use them was when we were called in too late - after the ice has already accumulated on the road. We're usually ready before the storm starts and get the halite on the pavement as soon as the freezing rain starts.
Old 02-27-2008, 01:50 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: BootCamp

Thanks, Bud. Not looking for a pat on the back...... just saying I'm really tired of winter too. It's been too busy.
Tonight (hopefully) will be the first night I'll be "home" in the past week. (I should have taken a nap.)

BTW - In my 18 years of doing this, we've used chains once. The guys tend to drive too fast with them on and when they come loose, they tear the air lines, marker lights and fenders off of the trucks. The one time we DID use them was when we were called in too late - after the ice has already accumulated on the road. We're usually ready before the storm starts and get the halite on the pavement as soon as the freezing rain starts.
No problem, I've just had some thankless jobs before and know how it feels so I thought you would appreciate it was all.

Yeah, I know you have to be careful with those things. I frankly would rather just have 4wd or AWD instead.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts