Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

ive had a bad week

Old 10-24-2006, 08:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ive had a bad week

this week has being the pits, first i failed an english test and then me and my girlfriend broke up and it aint being very good.[:@]
Old 10-24-2006, 10:57 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: ive had a bad week

My suggestion would be to ask God to help you study better and ask God to help you find the wife he has picked out for you.

If you were in your shoes, I wouldn't date a girl unless she was marrying material for me and I wanted her to be the Mother of my children.

Out the book of the Bible:

Jeremiah 29:11 "11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."

I hope that helps you put things in perspective.

God bless you and I hope you have a better week.

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 10-24-2006, 11:49 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: mstrueby

this week has being the pits, first i failed an english test and then me and my girlfriend broke up and it aint being very good.[:@]
Sorry to hear that Mark. I can relate. I'm also having a bad week. The girl I thought wanted to be my girl friend found a guy she thought was a better candidate. I'm a little bitter but at least he is a nice guy. The way I see it is if I really love her, I will put her happiness above my own. I'll just be a friend in the meantime and wait to see if they break up, in the meantime I will try to go out with this other girl who I know likes me. I worked on a homework assignment for around two hours and I think I bombed it. I have two tests this week, I have two group projects to work on, I'm having problems with finding certain things for my internship, I have to get signed up for an internship tomorrow as well as get an appointment to get signed up for classes. Someone stole my parking pass which cost me $90[:@]. On top of all of this I have had an average of 5-6 hours of sleep at night.

Jeremiah does give good advice. I pray before every test and study plenty. This works. The only girls I date are the ones I could seriously see myself growing old with a family. Also you might want to wait a while before dating. I know the social pressure is to date as soon as you can but I would suggest waiting a while. My parents didn't let me date until I was in college. I'll keep you in my prayers Mark. If you want to talk about it, PM me.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 10-25-2006, 09:23 AM

thinks for the advise guys, but what sucks is that quarter end and that counted on last quarters grade and now im failin, and i thought i knew the stuff 2 we had 2 read "to kill a montingbird" and i thought i did good i BOMBED IT I GOT A 28 OUT OF 60 so ya thanks agian
Old 10-25-2006, 03:49 PM
Super Moderator

Whoa! I've never been in that situation before. Did you read the book Mark or do you just have one really tuff teacher? To Kill A Mockingbird is a really good book and pretty straightforward. Was this your first test for the class Mark?

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 10-25-2006, 03:59 PM

ya i know i liked the book but i just didnt understand what she wanted on the test there was only 3 questions so if u missed 1 u gat a 70 and it sucks. i never write in pharagraph form but she marked them wroung because i only wrote 1 phagraph instead of 3 pharagraphs per question so ya it sucks o well
Old 10-25-2006, 04:10 PM
Super Moderator

Ah! I hate tests where they put too many points on one question. Teachers are hard to figure out sometimes. At least it is a learning experience. Try to ask more questions in the future and maybe she will be more willing to tell you what will be on the test. Good luck Mark!

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts