Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

List of Dealers Good/Bad Experiences

Old 06-29-2008, 05:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: List of Dealers who will Rip you off

Westside Dodge _Jacksonville Fl.

On 12/3 I was at the dealership @ 7:30am. A little after 8:00 am noticed a few salepeople and guard at back door of show room. I walked over and talked to them. They said they didn't open unitl 9:00am. I told them I was there to order a challenger and they said that person wasn't there as of yet. I believe they said his name was Robby( but not sure, I've slept a couple of nights since then). Anyway every time a person would walk inI would check to see if it was him. (all salespeople were in their own little group going over weekend experiences). Finally an older person walks in and goes sits behind his desk, I go over to his room and ask and it is not him. Anyway it is getting to be 9:15, and I see some one walking in the front door. It was him, I thought I finally get to order my challenger. He and the older gentlemen start cursing each otherright in front of me about tardiness. (I said to myself, WOW) Finally after the two of them settled and he turned to me, and I told him I was here to order a challenger. He said he was unawareand would be back in a minute. He then joined the older gentlemen and salespeople in a meeting room ( I was just left standing there, And I wanted to get my order in) After a few minutes he came out and said he couldn't sell me a challenger. At that point I was Pee'd. I called my wife and asked her to call every Dodge dealer around Jax and find one to sell me a car. She talked to one and in their discussion she told them I owned a Cuda before and would like it retro as possible, and gave him my cell #. He ordered it tire opt only called me and said if I could give him a $1k deposit it was mine. He already had a von sheet ready when I arrived. We both signed @ $42k, we each had a copy, the rest was history. PS I still don't have my challenger as of this date.
Old 06-29-2008, 08:25 AM

GOOD GUYS/GALS !!!!!!! Davis Dodge Kilmarnock Va... Great people (all three)>>> other area dealers big markup and current auctions.. support if you can...Geoff
Old 06-29-2008, 08:36 AM

You know what 70cuda, you can go to challengertalk.com
Old 06-29-2008, 08:36 AM

lol omg you're right!
Old 06-29-2008, 10:18 AM

Greedy / Uncooperative dealerships:

in Upstate NY;
Albany Dodge - Albany, NY 1 2 4 5 6
Clifton Park Dodge World - Clifton Park, NY 1 3 7 8
Advantage Dodge - Latham, NY 1 7
Amsterdam Chrysler Dodge Jeep - Amsterdam, NY 1 8

1 Would not consider taking a deposit or placing an order for an 08 OR an 09.
2 Currently marked up 08 Challengers to MSRP + $20K
3 Only accepting bids for 08's.
4 Advertise Challengers in stock - they are not.
5 Advertise 08 Challenger at MSRP - actual price is +$20K
6 Salesman misquotes production numbers to exaggerate rarity
7 Will not confirm any pricing information on 08 OR 09 Challengers
8 Will not state a firm price on any m.y./trim level Challenger

Good dealerships:

Frederick Chrysler Jeep Dodge - Boardman Ohio (Bob Frederick Jr)
Bob has been absolutely great to deal with. He answers questions directly and knows his stuff. He is a Challenger fan and helps anyone who asks in getting information and status on their orders - even folks who arent his customers. Selling 09 SRTs at sticker. I ordered my 09 SRT8 from Bob - and am not sorry I did. Great communicator and very nice guy.
Champion Dodge Chrysler Jeep - Barrington, IL (Don Conrad)
Don was very professional and offered a great deal on an ordered 09 Challenger SRT8. While his price was very good, I opted to go to Frederick in Ohio because it would cost me less to get it back to NY from Ohio as opposed to Illinois.
Old 06-29-2008, 12:46 PM

Your right it takes two to Tango. Just like all the people who paid a premium to own a Mustang GT or GT500. Those dealers had long driveways with big picture windows so they could see the suckers coming that would pay over MSRP just to have one. What people have to do is have a little control and let the over MSRP dealers eat these cars so that the buying public can gain back control for everything were paying for.

ORIGINAL: Paladin06

Not really.

ORIGINAL: Hemi R/T

Any dealers that you had to pay over MSRP should be on this list, their the real greedy dealers.
Old 06-29-2008, 01:43 PM

Those dealers had long driveways with big picture windows so they could see the suckers coming that would pay over MSRP just to have one.

Too bad any dealer who charges over MSRP for ANY vehicle does not have to get a large mirror to watch himself starve to death. Unfortunately, there are always people who will keep him well-fed.

Which brings up another issue: I have read (I believe in an interview with the president of General Motors) where the Camaro, when it comes out, is to be sold for more no more than MSRP. Has anyone else seen this? If it is true, how come GM can insist its dealers charge MSRP but Dodge apparently cannot?
Old 06-29-2008, 02:35 PM

Maybe Dodge shouldn't have sold the first two to the highest bidders
Old 06-29-2008, 02:40 PM

Chevy, like Chrysler can not control what dealerships ask for any vehicle. They can request that MSRP not be exceeded but GREED, one of the & Deadly Sins, will win over every time.

ORIGINAL: RoswellGrey

Those dealers had long driveways with big picture windows so they could see the suckers coming that would pay over MSRP just to have one.

Too bad any dealer who charges over MSRP for ANY vehicle does not have to get a large mirror to watch himself starve to death. Unfortunately, there are always people who will keep him well-fed.

Which brings up another issue: I have read (I believe in an interview with the president of General Motors) where the Camaro, when it comes out, is to be sold for more no more than MSRP. Has anyone else seen this? If it is true, how come GM can insist its dealers charge MSRP but Dodge apparently cannot?
Old 06-29-2008, 02:45 PM

They'll tell you there just trying to survive. Don't get me wrong, We live in a Great Country that seems to be going down hill fast because of the Greed Of Some People.

ORIGINAL: choodock

Maybe Dodge shouldn't have sold the first two to the highest bidders

Quick Reply: List of Dealers Good/Bad Experiences