Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

A matter of respect

Old 12-19-2006, 08:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default A matter of respect

I own several other cars in which I apply to the respective forums. These cars , after several years became affordable to younger buyers. I noticed a large decline in the quality of the post and a loss of respect to anyone they disagreed with. It seems that when the cars fell below $ 8000. The forum became a place where flaming and foul language became the norm. I seldom visit these sites unless I have a technical issue with the car. I see certain individuals have taken over and they have no tact or respect for any other opinion. But, I really enjoy coming to this site. It seems as though everyone has respect for others opinions, even when they may not agree. There is no brand bashing and the folks always stay positve, with no personal attacks. I hope we stay this way for a long time. I see it as long as the price stays out of the reach of individuals who have no respect for any other opinion than there own, then that is not a bad thing. On the other hand I want alot of people to experience the joy of owning a muscle car, such as the Challenger. I mean, when I think about the driving experience the Challenger will bring. Its not a vehicle to get you from point A to point B, its a driving pleasure. A chance to let the day melt behind you and enjoy just driving. When I'm in my Challenger, its the sound,smell and feel of living. And I like talking to people with this same interest. And that is what I have found here. They are coming from all over the world to this site and sites like it to experience the thrill to come. We have people here on this site from other parts of the world, that will never get to drive, much less own a Challenger. And it would be nice for them to have a taste of what we take for granted. You guys have nice Holiday and stay safe.
Old 12-19-2006, 09:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: A matter of respect

I hear you on that. I know what you mean about the bashing. Not going to say what site I go to, but you can take an educated guess. But over there it is the same way. People must have such a negative life, they have to go on these boards and throw their negativity on the boards.

I am also an admin on the basic fordforum, that is run by the same group that owns this site. We have been lucky on there as well with having people respect others.
Old 12-19-2006, 12:58 PM
Administrator

we try at all of our sites to prevent profanity and flaming...but when you have a site the size of MF, its hard to catch everything...then again, at my civic forum, there is VERY LITTLE profanity, and almost no flaming...they are a very young group,a nd very positive group.

lear, what are your other vehicles?
Old 12-19-2006, 03:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I own a 1970 GTX, a 1971 Challenger, A 1988 Conquest TSI and a 1991 Stealth R/T. And I enjoy all of these cars. The Stealth is my daily driver. The Challenger is the only one that I will never part with. It is a Vanishing Point look-a-like, except it has a 340 auto. The most fun car out of the lot is the modified TSI. It really is a blast to drive.
Old 12-19-2006, 04:19 PM

I agree with you guys. Although I haven't been a member to this site for very long, I like the people over here. I like this site so much better, because of the respect everyone gives each other.
On this other forum, I ask questions about problems I'm having with my car and I normally get bashed for not searching or not knowing the problem right off the bat. I thought the purpose of these forums was to educate me more for that vehicle. I normally don't involve myself over there like I do here. Too much drama, and kids bashing everyone else for something stupid like spelling or being wrong with your advise.
Old 12-19-2006, 04:35 PM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: lear4406

I own a 1970 GTX, a 1971 Challenger, A 1988 Conquest TSI and a 1991 Stealth R/T. And I enjoy all of these cars. The Stealth is my daily driver. The Challenger is the only one that I will never part with. It is a Vanishing Point look-a-like, except it has a 340 auto. The most fun car out of the lot is the modified TSI. It really is a blast to drive.

youre very welcome at DodgeForum.com...and if youve been there and someone hassled you, id like to know about it...
Old 12-19-2006, 04:46 PM

I empathize with your feelings about the Challenger and the emotion it invokes. I had lunch with a client yesterday and the guy drives a Porsche that costs over $100k. I grimaced a little when he showed me because I'd probably never spend that kind of money for a car (plus he parked it right next to my beat up '97 F150). To think that I can get a car that really creates a passion in me for ~$35k-40k (hopefully) is awesome.

On one hand I want it to remain special & a high price would put it out of reach for a lot of people and seeing them on the street would be a rarity compared to a Mustang. Conversely, I think that everyone should have a shot at a terrific machine (and I lean more this way on the argument). I was a toddler in the days of the original Challenger but it sounds as though the car was produced at a reasonable price with gutsy performance and strong lines (yeah, I know the fit & finish were poor and the engineering is no-where near today's technology). I really hope DCX maintains that part of the history as well. Then, we can all enjoy the new Pony Wars...not just those with means.
Old 12-19-2006, 11:11 PM
Super Moderator

Kinda cool to be able to have a car that easily has the potential to beat a $100K car and look and sound cool doing it.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 12-20-2006, 07:51 PM

It is too bad when a few users of a forum make trouble.
And it is so unnecessary when you consider we're all her for fun.
I subscribe also to Ford Thunderbird forums, and have seen a share of problems with posters and administrators.
NO PROBLEMS here. Always great Mopar sharing and exciting news about Challenger
Steve Legel
Old 12-20-2006, 08:45 PM
Super Moderator

Hi stevelegal

Thanks for saying that. All we try to do is have fun, share ideas, suggestions, kooky/crazy/zany stuff, our hopes and dreams
and oh yeah we talk about the Challenger we are all passionate about.

I like to think of it as a big camp fire that we are sitting around and staring into the fire and having a great discussion about this magnificant car.

That would be cool if we could do that in real life but we do in over the internet instead.....so let's have fun.

Thanks again for your feedback.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

Quick Reply: A matter of respect