Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

The MEMO from Bob...

Old 10-24-2008, 06:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The MEMO from Bob...

Read: Memo to Chrysler employees

Last Edited: Friday, 24 Oct 2008, 4:22 PM EDT
Created: Friday, 24 Oct 2008, 4:22 PM EDT

The following is a memo sent to Chrysler Employees from CEO Robert Nardelli on Friday, Oct. 28, 2008:

Dear Employees,

These are truly unimaginable times for our industry. We continue to be in the most difficult economic period any of us can remember. The combination of troubled financial markets, difficult credit, volatile commodity prices, the housing crisis and declining consumer confidence continues to weigh on the economy. Never before have auto industry sales contracted at such a fast rate. Throughout this challenging time for our industry and our company, we have continued to face the realities of our business environment. Working as a team, we have been right-sizing our organization to become as competitive as possible.

As business conditions today continue to decline, and we prepare for economic challenges extending into 2009, additional actions will be needed to re-size our company to remain competitive. Due to the unprecedented conditions in the auto industry, both in our home and international markets, we are targeting a 25 percent reduction in our salaried and supplemental work force. As always, we will strive to do this in a socially responsible way, with respect and gratitude to those who have contributed so much to our company over the years.

Your leadership team will receive the details on new voluntary programs today that will be made available to Chrysler salaried employees beginning in November. These new programs will be available to a broader group than before and will feature enhanced benefits, including both cash and new-vehicle vouchers. Your management will share all the program details with you in the next few days. I hope that every eligible employee takes time to seriously consider these enhanced offerings given the current environment. In addition, it will be necessary to have involuntary separation actions at the end of December, which is why the company is also issuing a WARN act notice today.

We need to work harder and more diligently to control every expense. To that end, we are eliminating in some cases, and cutting back on all discretionary and overhead expenses. Details of this initiative will be communicated through your leadership team. As an additional cost savings measure, we also will be reducing capital expenditures, but I assure you that we are protecting all major product programs.

As we re-size the company to reflect declines in volume, we know we must find new and more efficient ways to conduct our business operations. We recognize that in order to strengthen our competitive capability, and reduce the time and cost to achieve our objectives, we cannot operate as we have in the past. In the near future, we will be making organizational announcements as a result of restructuring actions reflecting the need to find new ways to operate, while still recognizing the importance of focusing on the customer, a relentless commitment to quality and investing in the programs that we need to compete in the marketplace.

I realize the appetite to know what the future holds for Chrysler is tremendous. Media speculation about our fate continues to be rampant. As a matter of company policy, Chrysler does not confirm or disclose the nature of its business meetings, in many cases to comply with legal requirements, as well as protect the integrity of our Company and those with whom we meet. When erroneous reports can be corrected with definitive answers, I support dealing with these issues in a clear and direct manner. I want to assure you that your leadership team is committed to communicating fully and directly to you if, and when, there is something to announce.

The Chrysler team has been through tremendous change over the years through the many ups and downs of this industry. During these tumultuous times, I encourage you to help each other to keep a sharp focus on the important tasks at hand.

Thank you for your continued dedication.

Bob
Old 10-26-2008, 11:27 AM

Default RE: The MEMO from Bob...

Umm Bob? You have several thousand Challengers either built and waiting for delivery, in the pipeline or waiting for schedule. Get the DAMN cars built and shipped..may be ,make some money there pal. Or is that too obvious a thing to raise some cash in a hurry?
Old 10-26-2008, 11:56 AM

Very true. How many 300s and Chargers are Dodge selling these days? How many people want Challengers? Turn the Brampton production over to Challengers!
Old 10-26-2008, 12:03 PM

There are very difficult times ahead for the folks working under Chrysler flag. I think the end is near.
Old 10-26-2008, 12:05 PM

I'm afraid you could be right, Paladin.
Old 10-26-2008, 12:09 PM

ORIGINAL: brucer41

Umm Bob? You have several thousand Challengers either built and waiting for delivery, in the pipeline or waiting for schedule. Get the DAMN cars built and shipped..may be ,make some money there pal. Or is that too obvious a thing to raise some cash in a hurry?
I second that....IF the Challenger really is such a "Hot Seller"....then gear up and build them....sell what people want..
I read somewhere that under 4000 Challengers have actually been delivered to customers.....what happened to the stories having the '08s sold out in record time? Was this because of dealer orders? With all the delays with deliveries and such little information getting to those having a Challenger on order..no wonder new orders have slowed....hope the story I read was wrong....But Chrysler really needs to get the deliveries back on track....I have been driving my 08 SRT for almost three months...and rarely do I have to be concerned about being just another one at any events....there should be a lot more Challengers out on the road by now..........
Old 10-26-2008, 12:20 PM

ORIGINAL: BLK 6050

there should be a lot more Challengers out on the road by now..........
Exactly, Joe. I'm up to having seen a total of FOUR in the wild. By now, I should have seen dozens of them. And everywhere I go, people ask about the car and admire it. Chrysler could have sold hundreds more in San Antonio alone by now if the cars were available and if greedy dealers weren't trying to gouge the public with their added prices.
Old 10-26-2008, 02:27 PM

It really is amazing how few Challengers you see on the road. Chrysler seems to be dropping the ball....again.

Old 10-26-2008, 06:27 PM

I try to be a customer to Chrysler,(SRT order june 23rd in BX status)Just built those order Challenger & make money Chrysler???Lots of future Challenger owner are ready to give money to Chrysler.Chrysler, built cars & deliver them to customer like the foreign car company do!
Old 10-26-2008, 07:23 PM

ordered mine in july.... still in BX status... called dealer... wont go to D status till Jan at earliest?....ummmm. i want to buy a car if they would build it