Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Music Music everywere but who to trust?

Old 08-02-2007, 07:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Music Music everywere but who to trust?

If you are like me, when I go driving I have to have music playing in my car. However I am getting tired of buying CDs that only have a few songs on them that I want to hear. I would much rather download the songs and save a lot a money getting what I want instead of getting some of what I want. What I would like to know is if any of you download LEAGAL music, where you get it, and for how much per song, month, or what ever. Thanks
Old 08-02-2007, 08:04 AM

Default RE: Music Music everywere but who to trust?

I still haven't got there. To me buying the CD is like collecting stamps to stamp collectors. This is a collection of mine. Then I upload them to my computer and onto my Ipod. Then I can make a playlist of the songs. I have CD's I probably will never listen to again, but won't get rid of them.
Old 08-02-2007, 08:58 AM
Administrator

i havent bought a CD in ages...mostly because 90% of the music being released in this country now sucks.

i was a "metal head" back in the day..i watched headbangers ball, and had long hair, and frequented concerts of white zombie, pantera, helmet, etc...the "heavy music" that kids listen to today, was the stuff that we called "pop" in the 80s and 90s.
Old 08-02-2007, 09:13 AM

Yes Patrick, I agree about how music sucks now. Most of the CD's I buy now are mostly ones I had on cassettes. Last week, I got a few Metallica ones - Kill em All and And Justice For All. I still need to get Master Of Puppets. Any of their CD's after And Justice, not worth buying IMO. I also just bought a CD from Ryan Adams. Good music. I heard him on Henry Rollins Show and liked what I heard, so I went and picked up his latest. He is kind of rock blues and country. Not that pop country. Old school with a little blue grass.

Tuesday night we went and saw Godsmack in concert. The kick arse.
Old 08-02-2007, 09:22 AM
Administrator

i will probably never go to another concert. for my money, there has never been a metal band who could put together an album or concert like pantera.

even rob zombies music has gotten a bit lame, as it all sounds the same, since the original band broke up.

i used to be a huge ministry fan, but they came apart due to legal problems...not to mention that nothing heavy gets any real radio time, unless MTV wants them to, with crappy "MTV metal" like korn...and around here, we have one station that plays something other than rap. the system in the stratus starting acting up a few months ago, so i disconnected the power line to the subs, and it hasnt bothered me one bit.
Old 08-02-2007, 09:48 AM

It was more than legal for Ministry. Al was a jack ass. We saw them a few years back, He walked off the stage and never came back, People were pissed. The Bass player who was the only original left besides Al, looked around and looked at the rest of the band, shrugged and motioned to the rest of the band and walked off. It seems like after that tour, the Bass players name wasn't on any of the CD's again.

I actually like Korn. Zombie is good, but not as good as when it was White Zombie.

I am telling you though, if you had an urge to see a great rock concert, Godsmack is it. They are in it for the fans. They want to put on the best show they can. I liked them, I had one CD, their first, but not into them. My wife took me to see them for their Faceless tour. After seeing them, they became within my top 5 bands of all time. Bought all their CD's after that as well. That is the type of show they put on.
Old 08-02-2007, 06:37 PM
Super Moderator

I really don't know either since I don't really like modern music either. Everyone once in a while there will be a song that I like, and sometimes I will buy the CD. The rest of the time I get tired of the song and move on. I like listening to talk radio when I'm in my car. There is a local automotive talk show that I like listening to on Saturdays, the rest of the time I just listen around here and there.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 08-06-2007, 04:49 PM

Darn I guess I will have to ask at another forum thanks anyway
Old 08-06-2007, 05:56 PM

i'll buy the cd if it is one of my favortie artists, otherwise i'll use itunes to pick the songs i really like.