Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

New Car...for those who didnt see at DF.

Old 08-02-2007, 05:19 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Car...for those who didnt see at DF.

Looking sharp! Good grief, how many cars do you and Amanda now have altogether?

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 08-02-2007, 06:48 PM
Administrator

we only have 4 here right now..the laser isnt here yet. here we have the aries, the ramcharger, the stratus, and her truck...we had the turbo daytona here, but i sold it...in storage in PA i have the mirada, and the demon, and my dad is driving the bmw and the laser. the bimmer was a project for my dad and i, and when i lived at home, we both used the bimmer and the stratus...right now hes driving the laser, and having a good time with it...the bimmer will never be here, but amanda and i use it when we go to visit my parents...so i guess that eventually we will have 7 here...plus the challenger should we opt to buy one, or the 300, etc...
Old 08-02-2007, 07:06 PM
Super Moderator

Wow! Your insurance bills must be high with that many vehicles.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 08-02-2007, 07:12 PM
Super Moderator

I think they are quiety running a dealership.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 08-02-2007, 08:14 PM
Super Moderator

Good point! We can't rule out that possibilities.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 08-03-2007, 07:53 AM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: RLSH700

Wow! Your insurance bills must be high with that many vehicles.
i have some "tricks" for insurance, all of which are legal. we have a business, so some of them are insured as business vehicles. the mirada isnt registered, as its not currently being used on the street it is not insured as a driven vehicle, and the demon is only insured as a collectable...her truck and the aries are insured together, and they are both pretty cheap, even with full coverage on the truck. the stratus is fully insured, with no tricks or anything, but its only insured in my name, and my record is spotless, so i only pay about 90 bucks a month.
Old 08-03-2007, 05:28 PM
Super Moderator

so i only pay about 90 bucks a month.
I feel I am getting ripped off.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 08-03-2007, 07:11 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: 1 Bad Mirada

i have some "tricks" for insurance, all of which are legal. we have a business, so some of them are insured as business vehicles. the mirada isnt registered, as its not currently being used on the street it is not insured as a driven vehicle, and the demon is only insured as a collectable...her truck and the aries are insured together, and they are both pretty cheap, even with full coverage on the truck. the stratus is fully insured, with no tricks or anything, but its only insured in my name, and my record is spotless, so i only pay about 90 bucks a month.
Trucks are normally cheaper on the insurance, aren't they? The aries would be cheap since it is over 20 years old and if I remember correctly that gets classified as a classic car which is super cheap. Having the Laser under company insurance is a good move. That would probably be one of the worst ones to have insurance on with it being turbocharged and all.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 08-03-2007, 07:43 PM
Administrator

trucks and SUVs are higher, since there are more fatal accidents involving them...or that is what the insurance crooks claim. would you believe that my 84 ramcharger costs more for basic insurance than the 92 bmw?

we put the aries and her truck on the same policy, and compared to the truck by itself, the aries is basically free. the laser is insured as a "shop car", so its pretty cheap. we could do that with most of our vehicles, since we put SO few miles on them all.
Old 08-03-2007, 07:51 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: 1 Bad Mirada

trucks and SUVs are higher, since there are more fatal accidents involving them...or that is what the insurance crooks claim. would you believe that my 84 ramcharger costs more for basic insurance than the 92 bmw?

we put the aries and her truck on the same policy, and compared to the truck by itself, the aries is basically free. the laser is insured as a "shop car", so its pretty cheap. we could do that with most of our vehicles, since we put SO few miles on them all.
Interesting, when I checked out the insurance between a Dakota and an Intrepid, it was more expensive for the Intrepid, but I did it anyways. That isn't too surprising since BMWs are generally designed to be very safe cars and has more security features which I hear also helps the insurance. Not surprising that you could do that considering that since you have so many cars and the fact where it sounds like you don't have to drive very much, the individual use would be very minor, unlike in my case. I have one car currently and have to drive all over the state of Missouri it seems. 149K and counting on the Intrepid.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Quick Reply: New Car...for those who didnt see at DF.