Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Now what?

Old 02-06-2008, 08:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Now what?

ORIGINAL: MGDMike

Well, for me the waiting is sorta easy. I'm forced to wait here in Iraq But, I suppose we can do what any other club can do and just shoot the breeze while we await more news from Dodge. Maybe here in a couple of months we'll know more on the '09's and go from there. Tell then.. SALUDE!
Thanks for serving, Mike... if you email me your address, I will send you my recent car mags...(motor trend, R&T, etc) I am usually done with them in couple of days and can send them over...
Old 02-06-2008, 08:45 PM

ORIGINAL: Justinec101

I was thinking "now what" as well today. After I drooled over every single shot, decided the black ones look amazing, and checked out everything on the dodge site I was thinking great, now another 8 months til the 09s are actually available without price gouging (if we're lucky). . . not to mention no R/T / V6 info released. I'm back to playing the waiting game. Oh well. At least everyone planning on getting an SRT has all their answers.
I agree about the black. Wow! I was suprised.
Old 02-06-2008, 09:42 PM

ORIGINAL: ramtrah

Hey brother, thanks for sitting this one out for us waiting in Iraq. Well, really, I am sure you would love to be in another spot, like back home here in the US, but you have certainly answered the call, and that my man is way more important than a simple car.

Will look forward to your return so you can strap on a real ground pounder, and it ain't no hummer. Semper Fi man, keep your head low, and the finger on the trigger, and come home safe. I may not be the lean and green Marine I once was 17 years ago, but I am still a Marine.
LOL! Bro.. I was part of the surge and we barely had time to breathe! We brought the 5-ton with us and left the HUMVV behind. But, all in all I like my life and career and we will just think of this as an extended business trip. And you are right... Semper Fi.
ORIGINAL: tupperware

ORIGINAL: MGDMike

Well, for me the waiting is sorta easy. I'm forced to wait here in Iraq But, I suppose we can do what any other club can do and just shoot the breeze while we await more news from Dodge. Maybe here in a couple of months we'll know more on the '09's and go from there. Tell then.. SALUDE!
Thanks for serving, Mike... if you email me your address, I will send you my recent car mags...(motor trend, R&T, etc) I am usually done with them in couple of days and can send them over...
Well thanks a ton man! I'll take up any offer on some free mags... just send me the bill for the shipping and we'll call it even.
Old 02-07-2008, 06:44 AM

Yeah, thanks Mike for protecting us over there.
Old 02-07-2008, 07:03 AM
Administrator

mike, ive often wondered...we have quite a few members at the various sites, who are stationed overseas in the military. when youre online, do you have like a laptop or something, or are you in a computer lab? do they provide you with computers?

when in college (2000ish) a friend of mine was engaged to a guy in kosovo, and she NEVER heard from him...and she never mentioned anything about him having internet access...is this a newer offering for you guys and girls overseas?
Old 02-07-2008, 04:29 PM

ORIGINAL: 1 Bad Mirada

mike, ive often wondered...we have quite a few members at the various sites, who are stationed overseas in the military. when youre online, do you have like a laptop or something, or are you in a computer lab? do they provide you with computers?

when in college (2000ish) a friend of mine was engaged to a guy in kosovo, and she NEVER heard from him...and she never mentioned anything about him having internet access...is this a newer offering for you guys and girls overseas?
Pat- My radar section/squad is lucky in several aspects here:
1- This is a protracted war/sustainment/whatever its called so my section is permantly on a FOB(Foward Operating Base). So we aren't leaving anywhere and have constant access to 220v power for our internet satallite.
2- We are fairly frugal with our money and purchased a slightly used sat for about $2500.00 that included all the goodies with it.
3- Kosovo was different... and yeah, I know what you mean by a new offering. Technology has come a long way since then! Yay!

We do have commo-blackouts here... we call it River City. When a soldier/marine/sailor/airman is killed or severely wounded all of the phone/computer centers are locked up till the immediate family is notified. We don't have to technically shut ours down because this is our property not the governments; however, we do out of respect (and the fact that we do have some blabber mouths in my section).

But I use my own laptop.. just a simple Toshiba but it gets the job done. I take correspondence classes online and just chat with my family back home. So, if I'm going to be over here for 15 months then I'm going to be as tuned in as best I can with everything going on back at home... plus its pretty cool seeing my daughter on webcam pretending to be Hannah Montana. LOL!
Old 02-07-2008, 04:38 PM

You stay safe over there soldier and keep your powder dry. There will be waiting for you when you get back..

God Bless you and keep you safe.

Greg Anderson
US Army Retired
Old 02-07-2008, 04:42 PM
Super Moderator

MGDMike, thanks for sharing and glad you are able to particpate on this forum for as long as you have.

Watch your six and keep safe.

Thanks for doing what you are doing and thank the other guys around you as well.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 02-07-2008, 04:49 PM

I appreciate it fellas and I'll pass that along.. but they are kinda tired of my 28 year old arse acting like a kid right now showing them all the pics of the Challenger. One guy said he's had enough of me talking about the Chally and is just "going to get the Camaro and stomp me".. I just said bring it and I'll even pay for his pass to the track.
Old 02-07-2008, 06:53 PM
Super Moderator

That is okay, you are only a kid once. Enjoy it.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

Quick Reply: Now what?