Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

One Very Happy New Challenger R/T Owner!

Old 01-22-2009, 05:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default One Very Happy New Challenger R/T Owner!

Just picked her up last night and let me tell ya...I think I was smiling in my sleep! I might as well be driving a Veyron as I have never seen such a reaction by people driving next to me. Staring, waving, thumbs-up, nods of approval. My goodness...it's GOOD to be king!

It's black, very nicely loaded, comfortable as hell, and most of all, it takes me back 25 years, only better! I'll miss my Vette, and likely get another one, but I'm very impressed with Dodge and what they've done. This is going to be a fantastic daily driver.

Nice to be among the ranks of Challenger R/T owners once again!
Old 01-22-2009, 06:46 AM

Default RE: One Very Happy New Challenger R/T Owner!

I know how you feel its crazy! i've had people frantically waving at me like I have a blown tire only to have me pull over so they can gawk and take pix with their cell phone cameras! It is such a cool car. I haven't gotten this reaction since my 69 GTO years ago!
Old 01-22-2009, 10:19 AM

I can see your smile from here.....congrats...
My new Challenger gets me almost as much reaction as my 70 Superbird use to...it's unreal, but a lot of fun....
Old 01-22-2009, 02:35 PM

congrats and enjoy
Old 01-23-2009, 04:51 AM

The grin factor makes the car worth every penny!
Old 01-23-2009, 05:34 AM

Yeah this is really something else. Funny...NO buyer's remorse at all! The more I drive it, the happier I am with my decision.

I've already got the windows tinted and right now it's at the muffler shop having Magnaflows put in. I was going to get Magnaflow's Cat-Back system, but they wanted about $1400. This shop is cutting out everything aft of the X-Pipe and putting in Magnaflow mufflers and using the stock tips. Sounds fantastic and they're doing it for $625...saved me a boatload of money!

My kids love it, but of course I hear through the grapevine that my ex-wife thinks it's stupid. [sm=violin.gif]

My girlfriend, on the other hand, wants to try out the back seat. [sm=goodidea.gif]
Old 01-24-2009, 03:03 PM

Iron Chef-Congrats on your new R/T. I've had mine for about three months now and I still can't stop looking at it. It's insane how this car makes you feel. Get used to feeling like a rock star when you pull in to get some gas, go to the store, or just cruise around. Just got the windows tinted in mine and now I can see all the looks from all the people around. Kinda funny. My wife hates all the attention this car gets, must be a female thing or it's just her. Personally, I think she's jealous. Thats why we're planning a romantic weekend getaway, so she still knows she's number one, of course I'm taking the Challenger...can't have my "other" girl feeling left out. Stay tuned on that one!. Anyway, enjoy the ride, you're gonna love it!!
Old 01-27-2009, 09:39 AM

Thanks everyone. I just took it on a road trip this weekend to Houston and it was a damn circus. I went to an event that was being thrown by some Corvette friends of mine and when I pulled up, twenty people piled out of the front door and stood there staring. Every comment about the car was positive. One guy (who wrote on the Vette forum that he was "in deep lust" over the car) said that "It needs a cam." Then again, he runs a tuning shop so he would say that!
Old 01-27-2009, 11:54 AM

Congrats Iron Chef. I am quite jealous. I really want a black R/T. Financial prudence (or is that financial cowardice) are forcing me to delay.