Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.
View Poll Results: A poll
Patience?
55.56%
Mercy?
44.44%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Patience or Mercy?

Old 02-04-2008, 12:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Patience or Mercy?

Old 02-04-2008, 03:40 AM

Oh, and BC, did you happen to notice who won the game...??
Ya know, I DID happen to hear that the G-MEN WON THE SUPERBOWL!
[sm=smiley32.gif][sm=smiley32.gif][sm=smiley32.gif][sm=smiley32.gif][sm=smiley32.gif][sm=smiley32.gif]

OH... And anybody seen ALBEENO ? ? ? ? ?
There's several reasons to "imbibe to excess"....Celebrating and Drowning One's Sorrows are the two most often used.
Albeeno last night......[sm=headbang.gif][sm=noooo.gif][sm=alcoholic.gif][sm=boohoo.gif]
and Albeeno today......[sm=insomnia.gif][sm=morning.gif]
I'm sure he'll be back in a few days, his pride a bit bruised (like Brady's body - AND EGO), but still loved by all here.

That WAS one exciting game!....one of the BEST I've ever watched (including SuperBowl XXV)!

BTW- I swear this is the truth........I ordered a SuperBowl XLII Program Saturday afternoon from NFL.com so I could get it signed at training camp this summer. Call it a "premonition" that I only shared with my wife.
I have the Program from SuperBowl XXI when the G-Men beat the Broncos 39-20. Still need to get Phil Simms signature on that one.
Old 02-04-2008, 05:09 AM
Super Moderator

Must say the Giants don't disappoint for entertainment in Superbowls. How's about the Giants-Buffalo game. 'Nother nail biter. Great Game Congrats Giants. For the record, we (Redskins) were the last team to beat them before New England. Weak segue. But hey.

Old 02-04-2008, 05:11 AM

ORIGINAL: BootCamp

and Albeeno today......[sm=insomnia.gif][sm=morning.gif]
Bwaahahaha! Come on Albeeno say something!
Old 02-04-2008, 08:51 AM

I'm here to man-up and take my lumps. What can I say? The better team won last night; our offense was terrible and we basically got out-coached. Brady gets sacked 5 times and we couldn't even recover any fumbles or, keep our hands on the ball for the interception (Asante Samuel) that would have sealed the Giants' demise last night. I'm not here to blame any one particular person - but I guess I will anyway...had Samuel caught that interception in the 4th, NE would have won. End of story. Unfortunately for me and the rest of the NE fans, that wasn't the case.

Congratulations to the Giants; you beat the BEST TEAM IN NFL HISTORY!

The good news is that Red Sox Pitchers & Catchers report to Spring Training in 11 days.... GO SOX!
Old 02-04-2008, 08:58 AM

ORIGINAL: Albeeno
Uhhh... Wouldn't that make the Giant the BEST TEAM IN NFL HISTORY! ??
Old 02-04-2008, 09:22 AM

The best team in NFL history is still the Miami Dolphins. 17 and 0 undefeated including the Superbowl.

PS - Without video tapes.

I'm here to man-up and take my lumps. What can I say? The better team won last night; our offense was terrible and we basically got out-coached. Brady gets sacked 5 times and we couldn't even recover any fumbles or, keep our hands on the ball for the interception (Asante Samuel) that would have sealed the Giants' demise last night. I'm not here to blame any one particular person - but I guess I will anyway...had Samuel caught that interception in the 4th, NE would have won. End of story. Unfortunately for me and the rest of the NE fans, that wasn't the case.

The good news is that Red Sox Pitchers & Catchers report to Spring Training in 11 days.... GO SOX!
Old 02-04-2008, 11:56 AM

ORIGINAL: Paladin06

The best team in NFL history is still the Miami Dolphins. 17 and 0 undefeated including the Superbowl.
Agreed. The only team to achieve "perfection" over the course of an "entire season".

....our offense was terrible and we basically got out-coached. Brady gets sacked 5 times ......
Your offense wasn't terrible. The Giants' defense was incredible! It's tough to run plays successfully with the other team in your backfield all game long!
.... I'm not here to blame any one particular person - but I guess I will anyway...had Samuel caught that interception in the 4th, NE would have won. End of story. Unfortunately for me and the rest of the NE fans, that wasn't the case.
Please....coulda, shoulda, woulda. No excuses, now. They were simply outplayed on BOTH sides of the ball.

Gotta say, you sound a lot like my 13 year old who made similar statements after the game (yeah, he's a Pats fan too).
I'll tell you the same thing I told him......
The Giants ALMOST (shoulda, woulda, coulda) beat the Patriots in week 18 (game 17) of the regular season, but they didn't pull it off. Are you trying to say the Patriots didn't learn from the last regular season game and made almost all of the SAME MISTAKES IN THE SUPERBOWL THAT THEY MADE IN THE LAST REGULAR SEASON GAME??? Apparently the Giants learned. And apparently, THAT'S WHY THEY'RE THE BEST TEAM IN THE NFL!
This CAN'T be THAT MUCH OF A SURPRISE! The Giants were the toughest team the Patriots faced all year.

Be careful with the RedSox predictions! No, I'm not a Yankee fan (hate them, actually), but isn't "one HUGE serving of crow" enough for one year?!?!?!
Old 02-04-2008, 12:21 PM

Forgot to mention this - VERY notable to me.........
Tom Brady never issued a "Congrats" or "Kudos" to the Giants when addressing the media.
Moss did, Belichick did, Harrison did (didn't expect THAT!)....... just about EVERY Patriots player did.......
except Brady.

Grace under pressure?
None during the game, and NONE after the game.
Old 02-04-2008, 12:37 PM

Hey Boot Camp,

When Eli has 3 rings and takes the NFL single season touch down record away from Tom Brady , please let us know. In the meantime enjoy your victory.

Quick Reply: Patience or Mercy?