Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.
View Poll Results: A poll
Patience?
55.56%
Mercy?
44.44%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Patience or Mercy?

Old 02-04-2008, 12:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Patience or Mercy?

What was their record again this season?
Last time I checked the `72 Dolphins only went 17-0. Pats were 18-0 / 19-1.
ORIGINAL: mopar2ya

ORIGINAL: Albeeno
Congratulations to the Giants; you beat the BEST TEAM IN NFL HISTORY!
Uhhh... Wouldn't that make the Giant the BEST TEAM IN NFL HISTORY! ??
Old 02-04-2008, 02:46 PM

18-1 .....same as the 1985 Bears. Well, not really. They lost their one game during the regular season.
They WON SuperBowl XX and were the Champs!,
not LOST TO A 13 1/2 point UNDERDOG!

McGuire, Sosa, Bonds.......all had more games per season / carreer than Aaron, Maris and Ruth. The records are worded "Career" and "Season", not "over X# of games".

The Pats lost the SuperBowl.
No perfect season.
The '72 Dolphins won ALL of the games they played that season. They were perfect. The Patriots weren't. Sorry....
Be a man, get past it and stop making excuses.
Old 02-04-2008, 03:17 PM
Super Moderator

Albeeno, please leave out those kind of comments from the website. I have edited your post.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 02-04-2008, 04:08 PM
Super Moderator

I'm going with mercy because I have been there for the last three years (the college I graduated from has lost three years in a row while having perfect records at least one of the three years and lost to the same team twice in a row). I was routing for the Giants simply because they were the underdog. It was a fun game to watch though. Both teams were good and frankly looked kind of thin and short. I was suprised to see that.

The last superbowl that had me this interested was the Superbowl that the Rams won. If there was a superbowl between the Rams and Cardinals, I would be torn as I still consider the Cardinals to be my team especially since they have Kurt Warner now. I agree with Jeremiah that it is more interesting if you have teams from two very different geographic areas. Probably the reason why this was the most watched one was because American Idol wasn't on as it has beaten the Superbowl. I liked the Pepsi commercial "What is Love?" as I liked that SNL skit. I wish they could have gotten Will Ferrel to do that one or Chris Kattan or Jim Carrey, that would be funny. I also liked the Budweiser commercials, but honestly, I agree about the commercials being weak this year. I kept complaining about them after it was over to the point that everyone else in the room got irritated at me saying, "and what does this tell you about anything, does this make you want to buy the product?"

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 02-04-2008, 05:08 PM

......I agree about the commercials being weak this year. I kept complaining about them after it was over to the point that everyone else in the room got irritated at me saying, "and what does this tell you about anything, does this make you want to buy the product?"
Does that have anything to do with you being a Marketing Major?
Old 02-04-2008, 06:04 PM

Being from Lousisana, to have Archie's sons win championships back to back makes this one special to us. Hopefully next year the saints might finally get theirs. But this was a good game.

Personally, I would LOVE to hear What Tiki has to say about the team he retired from and ridiculed only two years ago.
Old 02-04-2008, 06:09 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: BootCamp

Of course. It blows my mind what commercials people make that they spend the money on the time and actually pay people to come up with this junk that pretty much does nothing for your company. I look at this and think "I could come up with a so much better commercial that gets the message across so much better than this." If I was around a bunch of marketers, it probably been more fun for them as well to discuss an actually good commercial for some of these companies.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 02-04-2008, 06:14 PM

ORIGINAL: RLSH700
ORIGINAL: BootCamp
Of course. It blows my mind what commercials people make that they spend the money on the time and actually pay people to come up with this junk that pretty much does nothing for your company. I look at this and think "I could come up with a so much better commercial that gets the message across so much better than this." If I was around a bunch of marketers, it probably been more fun for them as well to discuss an actually good commercial for some of these companies.
Would that be the marketing or the B.S. part in you coming through?
Old 02-04-2008, 06:19 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: mopar2ya

Would that be the marketing or the B.S. part in you coming through?
Okay, you got me there. The Marketing is outcome of my B.S. Let's not get to into twisting that term as I have to set an example.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 02-04-2008, 06:38 PM

I was rooting for the Giants even thro they beat my Packers. Brett did not have one of his better games. Eli set a new record that will probably never be broken. Brothers winning the Super Bowl and MVP's back to back. Now that the Giants showed how to beat the Pats. will they be back. Now what could be better next year, Giants and the Colts in Super Bowl 43

Quick Reply: Patience or Mercy?