Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

pictures of the demon!

Old 09-21-2006, 06:02 PM
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: pictures of the demon!

we are hoping to go with a 340, since its an original 340 car...but if the block is no useable, it will have a 360
Old 09-21-2006, 06:05 PM
Super Moderator

Are you planning to use that for your 1/4 miles races? Will this take the place of your Mirada? I am guessing not, you are just adding to your fleet of race cars.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 09-21-2006, 06:26 PM
Administrator

this is an addition to the fleet...the mirada will still be a mostly-track car for now...once the demon is done, it will be brought here and we will use it as our daily driver in the nice months, and it will be stored away in the crappy months and when we travel, unless we take the car with us, of course...the goal is to make it a full street car, with the possibilty to of a fast car...im sure that i will run it to see what it will do, and id like it to run in the 13s, possibly the 12s, but we will have to see. im sure that as time goes on, will we do more to it, but for now, we want to get it running, and get the little knicks here and there fixed to drive it!
Old 09-21-2006, 07:00 PM
Super Moderator

So during the winter months, what are you planning on driving? The Stratus?

What transmission does it have or are you going to use?

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 09-21-2006, 07:18 PM
Administrator

the stratus doesnt get used in the winter either...i have an 84 ramcharger

it came with a 727 and a 904...we dont know how good either of them are...but the odds are about 99% that it will get the 727, since i have lots of torque convertors for that model.
Old 09-21-2006, 07:32 PM
Super Moderator

That's right, I forgot about that one. So what will you do with your Stratus?

The 727 is probably a better choice, it can handle more torque.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 09-21-2006, 08:17 PM
Administrator

oddly enough, the stratus is the grocery getter...

we will still use the stratus on hot days, as it has a kickin' ac system...im not going to be getting stuck in traffic on 100 degree days in the demon..
Old 09-21-2006, 09:35 PM

It is nice to pick a vehicle you want to drive that day. I get up. Think to myself if I am lazy or not or how the weather is or if I want to listen to tunes. Weather is fine and not lazy to get all the gear on. I ride the bike. Nice day a little lazy but not shifting lazy I drive the Stang. Very lazy or the weather is crap. I drive the truck with auto even though i need to get new suspension on it, handles like crap. it is old in all.
Old 09-21-2006, 10:11 PM
Administrator

when i had the mirada as a DD (up until about 4 years ago) i also had the shadow and the 78 D150...i could wake up and think "is it nice out" if the answer was yes, then i had to decide "do i want police attention, or not"..if yes, then i took the mirada, if no, i took the shadow...if the weather was bad, it was the shadow or the truck, depending on how bad it was...now, its do i want AC or not..if i do, i take the stratus, if not, i take her truck. if its nice and i want something that will keep up with some of the stangs around, i take her truck...if its snowing out, i take the ramcharger...the demon will give a nice alternative, and we still havent thrown out the idea of the challenger in a few years..the stratus is almost paid off..everything else is paid off...we might ditch the turbo daytona now..im not sure...but the driveway would look nice with her truck, the demon, the challenger, and the stratus in the driveway (we hide the ramcharger out back because its so ugly)...

the sad part, is that as careful as ive been to keep the stratus nice shy of things like stone chips on the hood, it will become a beater once we get a new car and have the demon, and possibly the mirada here...
Old 09-21-2006, 10:51 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: 1 Bad Mirada

oddly enough, the stratus is the grocery getter...

we will still use the stratus on hot days, as it has a kickin' ac system...im not going to be getting stuck in traffic on 100 degree days in the demon..
I see. The Stratus is the more practical purpose car. Makes sense to want to have a good A/C when its hot.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Quick Reply: pictures of the demon!