Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.
View Poll Results: A poll
College
9.09%
Military
9.09%
Working as an Employee
27.27%
Running your own business
18.18%
Retirement
0%
Other (please explain what it is)
36.36%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Which stage of your life did you prefer?

Old 10-16-2007, 04:13 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which stage of your life did you prefer?

This past summer I had an internship which I thoroughly enjoyed and quite frankly hated the fact that I was going to have to return to College. The thing I have noticed is some people consider college to be the best time of their life and never want to leave. Others loath it because they see it as just being an extention from High School and would rather move on with their lives and were happy to get out. Others I know have signed up with the military and really seem to enjoy it and they sign up again when their initial service was over. Since we have a diverse audience on this site from different backgrounds, I was wondering what you felt was the most enjoyable stage of your life.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 10-16-2007, 05:14 PM

Default RE: Which stage of your life did you prefer?

I posted other. I really enjoyed my High School years. No worries, no responsibilities and I was young. I did'nt have a care in the world, no politics and my understanding of GOD was in its infant stages. I was a street racer and cruiser. I could of done that for the rest of my life. But being a father of 2 fine young men and being responsible has had its rewards too. GOD is a big part of my life and I'm just fine with the way things are now... but High School was cooooool
Old 10-16-2007, 05:18 PM

I agree totally with lear4406. High school ruled. It's been straight downhill ever since. Hopefully, retirement will be cool.
Old 10-16-2007, 06:21 PM
Super Moderator

There were things that I enjoyed about H.S. My Sophomore year was by far the best. I played basketball (though I was quite frankly terrible at it, I still had a good time), had a good number of friends that I got to do things with, I got my license and got to drive by myself to school (even though the car I had at the time was an unreliable piece of junk), I liked my teachers, I could talk openly about my religious beliefs among other things, I could pray openly without anybody giving me strange looks. We went on a few neat field trips, I particularly enjoyed when we went to this one cave and went the wrong way by accident. The funniest thing that happen on the whole trip was the class clown fell a few dozen times into the water and was completely muddy and wet which was quite amusing if you knew the guy. One of the times he fell he took a small rock that he tripped on while he was in the cave after the class was briefed that we were not to take anything out of there including rocks. He was foolish enough to mention it to a girl he had the hots for who quite frankly hated him, and she turned him in. It was really amusing hearing him make excuses for this even though he technically broke the law and supposively could have gotten in legal trouble.

My Junior and Senior years weren't as much fun. The events of 9/11 happened in my Junior year which left us depressed and kind of took away our innocence to a degree and things never changed back to the way it was, partly since a few ex-class members had joined the military as well as everybody had either a family member or close friend who signed up to fight the war. The internship I had this summer was the closest I have come to reaching that level of enjoyment. I just haven't enjoyed college I guess because I feel the need to let go of the past.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 10-16-2007, 10:17 PM
Administrator

I enjoyed college more than high school. my high school situation was odd..i lived on the VERY edge of the school district, so many of my friends around me did not go to my school. i hung out more with kids who i played hockey AGAINST than my high school teammates.

college, on the other hand, was a blast. it would have been really great if not for the classes and "being broke"...

Had this question been asked 3+ years ago...when i was working as a mechanic (with a degree in tax accounting), i would have quickly answered "college". i played college hockey, had my own house on campus from late in my freshman year until i graduated...so i enjoyed daily living, but i paid my own way, and money was often tight, but i found ways to still have a great time, AND graduate. i lived a very very wild life while in college...and im paying for it now with my physical well being suffering...but im improving slowly. live and learn, right? i learned WAY more in college than how to do accounting.

However, now that I have amanda, even though im not a huge fan of living in michigan, life is better than i ever could have expected it to be...while we are technically employees, we are our own bosses to some extent, so i would have to say "running my own business", which is the present time, and the last few years...but those years have only been good because of my life with amanda, and not because of what we do for work...i enjoy being with her far more than any of my college experiences.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:13 AM

I didn't like High School, I was glad to get out. College was ok, better that HS as I was learning things I was interested in, but I just wanted to start my life, make money so I can get out and live on my own and go places. I would have to say that this time now is the best stage, I make good money, great wife and my job, though there are a couple things that irritate me, it is a good company and the work I do, I like. I am constantly learning new things. Not many people can say that about their work.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:20 AM

"... for I have learned to be content in whatever condition I am." Philippians 4:11

I posted other also. The best time of my life is RIGHT NOW. I'm closer to my Savior, Jesus, than ever, and growing closer daily, I pray. I have a wonderful, loving wife. I've been blessed with four sons (one of whom has gone on to be with the Lord), and two daughters (Psalm 127). I'm in a wonderful supportive church... Sometimes I look at my life and wonder, "Why me?" Why have I been so blessed? So, to follow the example given in the scripture I quoted above is easy now, I pray my faith is strong enough that I can say that in hard times, too. I'm trying to enjoy each day as it comes!
Old 10-17-2007, 07:59 AM

I enjoyed HS the most because frankly I was getting more tail than a punk kid had a right to. College was no fun as I went to a school that was a bit too large in retrospect. I visited friends and siblings in smaller schools a couple times & think I would have had a better time in that atmosphere....oh well.

I have a great family life now & if I could figure out what I want to be when I grow up I would probably enjoy work more as well.
Old 10-17-2007, 09:08 AM
Super Moderator

College. Poor as poor. Happy as Happy. Almost child...almost adult....some place nice in between.....

~) 69.5 SuperBee