Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

UAW Pay

Old 07-14-2007, 10:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default UAW Pay

According to a study done by a University of Michigan economics professor, the average UAW worker with a high school degree earns 57.6% more compensation than the average university professor with a Ph.D. and 52.6% more than the average worker at Toyota, Honda or Nissan.

Labor cost per hour, wages and benefits for hourly workers, 2006:

Ford: $70.51 ($141,020 per year)
GM: $73.26 ($146,520 per year)
Chrysler: $75.86 ($151,720 per year)Toyota, Honda, Nissan (in U.S.): $48.00 ($96,000 per year)

The average annual compensation for a college professor in 2006 was $92,973 (average salary nationally of $73,207 + 27% benefits).

To read the entire article see:

http://mjperry.blogspot.com/2007/07/...of-market.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 07-15-2007, 02:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: UAW Pay

UAW at Mack Trucks makes about 23 an hour or 46K a year. Their healthcare is covered 100%. Kelloggs in Lancaster, PA the average worker is getting about 25 an hour or 50K, their healthcare is covered at 100%. Those workers at Kelloggs are required to work over time. There are MANY MANY workers at Kelloggs making over 100K a year. MAKING BREAKFAST CEREAL. I Know of a few that pulled in 150K. Next time you buy a box of Kelloggs cereal at 4.00 a box, think of the schmo pushing buttons making 100k+ a year.

I am NOT a big union supporter. I worked for Dana Corp in a non union plant for 20 years. Things were not perfect, but no organized union attempts were made. Dana sold us out to a Labor Broker who in turned took all of our benefits, fired senior workers and replaced them with temps. We went back in time a good 10 years. Our out of pocket healthcare costs soared to over 170%. Didn't take me long to go the other way. I tried to organize the plant UAW, NOT TO become FAT with wages but to gain some, ANY job protection that is not afforded in an At will work state. Being workers have NO RIGHTS the company orchestrated a hate campaign against me and others, they held captive meetings brainwashing people into thinking the world is coming to an end if they seek protection. Unless you have sat in on one of them you have no idea what you are missing. The company managed to save their souls by committing unfair labor practices. I and a few filed charges and WON them with the NLRB... Penalty you ask? NONE..... NO punitive action. The company had to say there were sorry. All in vaine. People that stood up and worked under the framework of the law were fired, and reassigned less desirable jobs. The company bought pizza for everyone to celebrate their victory.... How bout that.... then the hammer really fell...2 years later,,,, it is worse than ever.... those who fell for the company's untruths are forced to work 8-12 hour days with NO notice...or be fired, more firings NO RAISES in 2 years, all bonuses stopped, healthcare now 70 a week with 10K out of pocket co pays all while that company enjoyed HUGE PROFITS from a BIG UPTURN in orders.... People are screaming union now....... the ones that were there that had gonads were canned, sought other jobs,,, and I retired. If I want to be treated like an animal I will work for a legit circus.

I do not blame workers such as auto workers for getting a piece of the pie.... unless you work for a company that won't even let you lick the plate.... you have no idea what it's like. There is good and bad with UAW.... the good far outweighs the BS I and others went thru... What really pi$$ed me off about the UAW.... those workers who were fired,,,, the UAW left them hang.... I wrote the reps several times about the way the pro supporters were handled.. Nothing came of it...... To me..... I am bitter sweet about it..... I'd rather not work union.... but I have worked for Satan himself...... the devil just ain't in Georgia.