Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO WARRANTIES IF CHRYSLER SELLS OUT??

Old 10-23-2008, 05:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO WARRANTIES IF CHRYSLER SELLS OUT??

Thats where Cerberus bite its own butt....

Because they do all in secret, the consumer gets turned off by the Dodge brand at the mention of buy out. They will just make the AWU take a deal... What if you had the choice of severance / early retirement, or a Bankrupt company?

No turning back after all the news... How do you rebuild the name? How do you get Joe Plumber to buy a truck after the news of demise? I think Dodge has hurt itself to bad to just say "we changed our mind"
Old 10-23-2008, 06:29 PM

Gotta agree with you again Andre... (dang it... I hate it when I have to that...) [:@]

In just a little too deep to just say never mind... just kidding...

Consumer confidence has likely been shaken to the core with only the diehards and deal seekers looking past the company itself...
Old 10-23-2008, 07:36 PM

yeah im thinking the samething too fellas... Almost more of a reason to wait for my next car... Maybe by the end of the year dealers will give up... and also the people with this car as a second car might finally let it go in fear of being able to keep up with mateniece... I love it honestly... I would hate to see MOPAR go, but damn an SRT for the steal of a deal... (laughs cynically) maybe it was divine intervention... lol...
Old 10-23-2008, 09:39 PM

I am sure we all will be welcome at the Chevy car shows and display our cars. Then we will know what it feels like to own an AMC kinda like when you go to a mopar carshow and there are 150 Mopars and 1 AMC Pacer and 1 Gremlin on the back row. Here is some food for thought On the ground that the Brampton plant our cars were built on was a Kelvinator fridge plant and then it was swallowed by Rambler and Vanished then they built Ramblers and they vanished In the AMC saga. Then they started to build AMC's in the plant then Chrysler swallowed AMC and AMC vanished Then they built Chryslers and Dodge and now the Challengers Have you seen how many white Challengers they are building at that plant. Now they need to make a movie there and call it Vanishing Point
Old 10-24-2008, 05:53 AM

Maybe the very name "Challenger" is bad luck.....The first Challenger came out in 1970....Muscle cars die off a short time later, then we have the Space Shuttle...and I believe even Studebaker had a "Challenger" model in the early 60's lineup...Now the Challenger comes back.....and it looks like Dodge will go away......I just hope my insurance agent doesn't put all this together or I will not be able to park my Challenger in the garage without losing my homeowners insurance!
Old 10-29-2008, 11:26 AM
Super Moderator

I would say that Jeep would be the bad luck effecting Chrysler. Look at Jeep's history. First with Willys in 1941, then sold to Kaiser in 1953, then to AMC in 1970, then partly owned by Renault in 1979, then the whole thing is sold to Chrysler in 1987, then Daimler buys out Chrysler in 1998, then Chrysler is sold to Cerberus in 2007.

If I was in GM's shoes I would implement the Lifetime Warranty. With that, it forces the customer to have so much service done that the dealership which ensures it is done and more likely, correctly so and they benefit by making a profit and boosting their reliability ratings at the customers expense and the customer things they are the ones winning in this situation.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 10-29-2008, 12:38 PM

ORIGINAL: BLK 6050

Maybe the very name "Challenger" is bad luck.....The first Challenger came out in 1970....Muscle cars die off a short time later, then we have the Space Shuttle...and I believe even Studebaker had a "Challenger" model in the early 60's lineup...Now the Challenger comes back.....and it looks like Dodge will go away......I just hope my insurance agent doesn't put all this together or I will not be able to park my Challenger in the garage without losing my homeowners insurance!
I'd never heard of the Studebaker Challenger, Joe. And you're right. The attached pic is a 64 model, and if you look closely, you'll see it has Challenger IN SCRIPT on the left front fender. Apparently, production ceased in 1966, just four years before the launch of the Dodge Challenger.

OK. Now we know about the Essex Challenger and the Studebaker Challenger. Both of those companies are gone ....

[IMG]local://upfiles/148/C5A4D7E324F84085A2D906CBE79BAD96.jpg[/IMG]