Notices
Sights N Sounds Post your pics, videos, and sound clips here.

INTERIOR PICS!!

Old 02-05-2008, 05:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: INTERIOR PICS!!

overall I like the look. agreed not up to the concept standards, but very retro looking. Really the pistol grip shifters back in the day were on the standard shifts also. I just hope they don't stinch on all the other amenities, solar glass, blue tooth,high quality stereo , amp, and subwoofer, traction control, push button start, keyless entry etc,etc. But did i notice the shifter with only a p,r,n & d, where is the 1,2,3,4&5 speed options? What is up with that or am i missing something?
Old 02-05-2008, 05:51 PM

ORIGINAL: RLSH700

ORIGINAL: mopar2ya

HOLY COW! All the critisism... Guess I am just increadibly thankful that Chrysler decided to actually follow through with the Challenger in the first place. I'm totally stoked just waiting to get my hands on that bad boy!! Not gonna sweat the small stuff. In my opinion a VERY ACCEPTABLE interior! Cheers!
My thoughts exactly. Out of all the fears we had along the way. They could have made it a 6.1L auto only for the ENTIRE run of the car, but they made the right decision to offer the manuals, the 5.7L, and the 3.5L. They could have charged us prices just under the Viper, but they decided to set the base price for the SRTs at about a comparable level for the LX SRT-8s. They could have made the Challenger a sedan, but they followed through with making it a coupe. They could have made it auto only but they will have manuals available for the Hemis. They could have really ruined the styling that would almost make it unrecognizable, but they kept it very similar if not improved it. They could have used the exact same interior from the LX cars with no modifications at all, but they at least made a few differences.

Out of all of these things I listed above, would have been things I would agree that completely messed up the car, but this is the most petty thing to complain about. Be thankful they even made it considering what the company has been through since when the car concept began until now. Think about who is running the company, people who have had zero experience in making performance cars, yet they are building it anyways.

You think the interior is so terrible, take a look at the Viper's. Now that is sad. Count your blessings is my advice that we even have the opportunity to buy it in the first place.
+1 on that. I'm just glad the thing got built. I'm pretty sure hearing that Hemi grumbling and rowing through the gears will help me get over the interior. I guess I don't pay much attention to the interior... I mean, I'm usually looking at the road when I'm driving.
Old 02-05-2008, 05:52 PM

Similar to my 07 Jeep Grand Cherokee, the dash (under the steering wheel) is sitting barely above my chins...even with the seat back (I'm 6'1"). The Charger interior look exactly like my Jeep interior.
I like the Mustang interior better, but that's not going to sway me. I like the production Challenger interior better than the Charger interior...the Challenger looks more muscle car basic...like that.

An AWESOME exterior, an AWESOME drivetrain and a good basic muscle car interior... I'll take an RT with a manual, please!!
Old 02-05-2008, 06:06 PM

I am extremely thrilled with what has been presented. Sure, I wold have loved what we saw in the concept, but Chysler is doing nothing different that all manufacturers do, and that's save money where they can. Ever notice the similar components used between a Honda and Acura, yet the price is far greater for the Acura. This is how they keep this car affordable to the masses, like us, and all the others we want to buy this car so it will be around for a longer stint than the first Challeners of the '70's. I for one am just thrilled the car is REALLY coming tomorrow. It will deliver as we suspected, not as we exactly thought, but it will deliver overall.

Maybe that is part of the problem with building such a perfect concept, that we thought it could only be that way. I would have loved it, but also side with Chrysler for building a beautiful car that closely mirrors the concept on the exterior, offers a level of excitement offered on the interior, and will certainly be a blast to pull away from the line with.

ORIGINAL: mopar2ya

HOLY COW! All the critisism... Guess I am just increadibly thankful that Chrysler decided to actually follow through with the Challenger in the first place. I'm totally stoked just waiting to get my hands on that bad boy!! Not gonna sweat the small stuff. In my opinion a VERY ACCEPTABLE interior! Cheers!
Old 02-05-2008, 06:15 PM
Super Moderator

kramtrah, very well put.

For those that want it different, I think there should be an abundance of aftermarket companies to make it your own.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 02-05-2008, 06:33 PM

Ready for the unveiling...

http://www.redletterdodge.com/2008/0...ng-for-launch/

Old 02-05-2008, 06:41 PM

ORIGINAL: Cuda340

I think the criticism that the interior is taking is not because it looks bad. It's due to the fact that Dodge did not give the Challenger its own identity. We all expected that its interior would be unique and not a clone of the Charger.

That being said, I still love the car and will be buying an SRT in 2009! [sm=gears.gif]

(I will be checking it out at the Philadelphia Auto Show this week and will give you my overall impression of the car).

As long as it doesnt look like a charger on the outside; I am happy with the interior. And we all know it could have been worse. I am not disappointed nor am I excited about it.
Old 02-05-2008, 06:53 PM

Wow.. I can just feel the 180 degree turn the moods have just taken regarding the interior. Relax guys.. there's always aftermarket parts
Old 02-05-2008, 07:15 PM

Sure beats sitting on a box!!
Old 02-05-2008, 07:55 PM

ORIGINAL: cncpt2prod!

Sure beats sitting on a box!!
LOL... seems like I remember someone talking about ordering with the wooden box seat option... if I remember correctly... [&:]

Quick Reply: INTERIOR PICS!!