Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   Sights N Sounds (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/sights-n-sounds-10/)
-   -   Production vs Concept comparison pictures (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/sights-n-sounds-10/production-vs-concept-comparison-pictures-2339/)

70sguy 01-18-2008 05:59 PM

RE: Production vs Concept comparison pictures

I really liked the teaser exhaust tips and fit nicely with the valance, tail lights aren;t as nice but exhaust fit was more important than solid light bar

mopar2ya 01-18-2008 06:01 PM

Or... buy the $40,000 keyring and hope they throw in a challenger for free. It's a good way to get a free challenger... ;)

mac 01-18-2008 06:47 PM

I refuse to pay over MSRP on that key chain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mopar2ya 01-18-2008 07:34 PM

hahaha... now that was funny!! :D

Jeremiah 29:11 01-18-2008 08:13 PM

Yep, let's all go see it in person. Let's go to the Chicago Auto show together.

Albeeno 01-20-2008 06:02 AM

It sure will be interesting...

ORIGINAL: SRT8Challenger

Well said!!!!!!!!!
I can't wait to meet a Mustaaaaaaaang at a red light!

MFIllini5 01-20-2008 08:03 PM

I think all the differences that everyone pointed out between the concept and the production car could be termed "minor" as it relates to the car's general (at a distance) appearance, with the exception of how Dodge made it "shorter, stubbier, and more narrow". Due to these things it actually lost some of its smoother curves. The longer hood and trunk of the concept look significantly better than the production car.

Overall, the production Challenger looks 10 times better than any other car on the road. If Dodge had not made the above changes it would look 50 times better than any other car on the road though.

cncpt2prod! 01-21-2008 09:24 AM

Why did they make those changes? Is it only because of the safety and cost constraints? Or could they have come closer to the concept (whie also meeting safety and cost constraints)?

The production car looks good, but the concept is really in another league. I wish they could have (or would have) kept the longer nose/tail, maintained the smother lines and made it wider (maybe even lower). It's a little too much charger-esque. But I'm looking forward to seeing it on the road. It's going to be a real competitor to the well-selling Mustang.

Paladin06 01-21-2008 09:39 AM

Watch the 7th video in the Dodge Red Letter Day blog and all explained.

ORIGINAL: cncpt2prod!

Why did they make those changes? Is it only because of the safety and cost constraints? Or could they have come closer to the concept (whie also meeting safety and cost constraints)?

The production car looks good, but the concept is really in another league. I wish they could have (or would have) kept the longer nose/tail, maintained the smother lines and made it wider (maybe even lower). It's a little too much charger-esque. But I'm looking forward to seeing it on the road. It's going to be a real competitor to the well-selling Mustang.

Jeremiah 29:11 01-21-2008 02:47 PM

If the rectangular exhaust doesn't look like this 2008 Challenger picture.....I will cry.

The spy pictures of the silver Challenger looked nothing like this. Hopefully it was a bad picture or a bad mule.

This picture is beautiful, even without the divided exhaust like back in the day.

[IMG]local://upfiles/17/40670F034EFB4C6B871BA1FEDEF59C97.jpg[/IMG]