Notices
Sights N Sounds Post your pics, videos, and sound clips here.

Production vs Concept comparison pictures

Old 01-16-2008, 08:03 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Production vs Concept comparison pictures

Guys I am really struggling and I am hoping it is like Paladin said they are bad pictures.

Take a look at these pictures and tell me honestly what you think.

Right off the bat for me the rear end looks skinny just like they said in Part 7 of the video in redletter and the rectangular exhausts look small and almost square.

Everybody is entitled to their opinion so speak freely.

[IMG]local://upfiles/17/33883F77F3FF4F80B3CFA339BE7CB299.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/17/65C76790F8294642984937EE99D67521.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/17/7B11E5A8D4EA4444A08C7EC4A33D2EED.jpg[/IMG]
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 01-16-2008, 08:17 PM

Default RE: Production vs Concept comparison pictures

I don't like tail spoiler, and liked cross hairs in grill, eventhough I am a 1970 guy at heart.
Old 01-16-2008, 09:15 PM

The shape of the side rear window was better on the Concept Challenger (it was more like the original). Everything else, though, especially the '70-style grille and centered backup light, is better on the production car. I didn't like the crosshair pattern on the concept and thought the concept's rear lights were too gaudy.
Old 01-16-2008, 09:27 PM

overall I am really pleased with what I have seen today though the proportions differ from what we have seen the last two years on the concept. The fact being it stayed true to the original that we are probably over analyzing to some extent given our excitement with it all. My biggest beef would still be the mirror mounting, otherwise I am pleased.
Old 01-17-2008, 12:42 AM

Also, Jeremiah, it might leave you a little cold seeing pictures of a Challenger out in the snow instead of on a beach or a nice city street in the summer.
Old 01-17-2008, 12:56 AM

As for the sliming of the rear end I like it better. I have a wall full of 1/18 scale 1970 and 1971 Dodge Challengers in display cases and there is nothing fat about the butt on those cars. The new look is closer to ther early Challenger.

The rear lights are 1970 Challenger rebirth done dead right!!!

As for the nose they got it dead right for a 1970 rebirth.

Now for the ducktail spoiler, I prayed at night for that to be on the car.

The tail pipe exhaust tips are more of the 1970 Plymouth Cuda then Challenger, but I like them better without the split
Old 01-17-2008, 06:03 AM

I don't know why anyone is picking this car apart? If this doesn't make you happy to be a Dodge enthusiast and excited to own a new Challenger then you had better go out and buy an original or a Mustang or.......... urrrrp, a Camaro. I can't imagine them getting it any closer to the original Challenger other than to make an exact replica. I don't see anything that will keep me from owning this car, no question about it. It blows the Mustang in the weeds as far as retro appeal. The Camaro is just plain UGLY in comparison. Yet we still have people unhappy about the glovebox door or whatever. This thing is beautiful and is exactly what this guy has been waiting 30 plus years for. BRAVO DODGE! [sm=smiley32.gif]
Old 01-17-2008, 07:39 AM

Being a fairly "new" mopar fan, I like the "intended" production car. The old style gas filler was not on the concept but is in the production model - that was a nice touch. I'm with some of you guys on the rear spoiler, loose it all together or do the T/A two post style (tastefully of course). And like someone elsewhere said, if they can bring the concept rear tailights to the aftermarket, that would be cool if you really wanted them, i know "i'd" look into them.
Old 01-17-2008, 10:05 AM

Jeremiah, if what you're asking is do we like the production model better than the concept? My own, personal, answer is a resounding and emphatic NO!!!!

If you look at the 2nd comparison photo the noticeable difference in hood length is the biggest kicker for me. The hood on the production should be longer; it just looks "stubby" or pushed-in from the front and in the rear. The whole thing just looks scrunched in...don't know how else to describe it. I just shared the pic witha buddy at work and he said "it looks like a Nissan"! Your guess is as good as mine on that one. Nevertheless, it looks more like a restyled 2 door Charger then it does the true coupe Challenger concept.

I gotta be honest - I'm not lovin this thing nearly as much as I did before these teaser pics started popping up left and right. Do I hate it? No. Do I love it? Well, not exactly. Maybe it's the boring silver color, maybe it's the cheezy B pillar, maybe it's because I'm not actually seeing it in person, maybe it's the Blue Oval blood I have racing thru my veins, but whatever it is I'm just not feelin it...

Old 01-17-2008, 10:21 AM

ORIGINAL: deranged

I don't know why anyone is picking this car apart? If this doesn't make you happy to be a Dodge enthusiast and excited to own a new Challenger then you had better go out and buy an original or a Mustang or.......... urrrrp, a Camaro. I can't imagine them getting it any closer to the original Challenger other than to make an exact replica. I don't see anything that will keep me from owning this car, no question about it. It blows the Mustang in the weeds as far as retro appeal. The Camaro is just plain UGLY in comparison. Yet we still have people unhappy about the glovebox door or whatever. This thing is beautiful and is exactly what this guy has been waiting 30 plus years for. BRAVO DODGE! [sm=smiley32.gif]
AMEN to that!! Personally, I think it is SWEEEEET! Only thing that stood out to me as fairly "odd" was the fuel cap is on the wrong side... think I'll be able to learn to cope with it though.

Quick Reply: Production vs Concept comparison pictures