Notices
Sights N Sounds Post your pics, videos, and sound clips here.

Production vs Concept comparison pictures

Old 01-17-2008, 04:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Production vs Concept comparison pictures

No front plate here in AZ
ORIGINAL: dodgedriver

Another thing I just realized, Is where are you supposed to put the front license plate? It's going to look awful on the bumper! Im in CA and the cops are absolutely anal retentive about this issue...
Old 01-17-2008, 05:13 PM

I'm not sweating' the small stuff as I see it. I am pleased overall and I'm betting that we all will be once it is sitting in our driveways
Old 01-17-2008, 05:46 PM

ORIGINAL: dodgedriver

and another thing I notice is that they have a large wide black stripe along the bottom to make it appear thinner, what about if the whole car is black???
I saw that black line, and don't care for it. I thought it was temporary to these show (or test) models. What is that line. Is it a plastic strip, paint or some sort of sticker?
Old 01-18-2008, 05:11 AM

I'm not necessarily giving up hope on the Challenger. I think we all had to know it wasn't going to be an exact replication of the concept. Honestly, it does appear to remain fairly faithful. I think I just need to see one in person. If that baby was dressed up in Plum Crazy Purple or Black or Sublime Green, I'm sure it would've looked just fine to me. I think I will reserve any further judgement until which time I actually see one live and in the flesh.

[quote]
ORIGINAL: deranged

ORIGINAL: Paladin06

Fort those who don't like it I say...... thank you. You made my wait time shorter and perhaps even saved me a $ or 2.
I'm feelin' that brother!

Go ahead and get out of line, there's alot of Mustangs over there at the Ford dealer. They've probably got a new "special limited edition" something over there to sell you.
Old 01-18-2008, 08:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We all know that concept cars are always better than production models because they do not have cost or safety constraints. I never expected to see carbon fiber body parts or neon tailights. I did expect to see different bumper treatments because of government crash test standards.

Overall, however, I think that Dodge gave us a great car. [sm=drlove.gif]

I already bought a Challenger key chain. Now, all I need is a $40K key for my Hemi-Orange SRT! [sm=gears.gif]
Old 01-18-2008, 09:42 AM

I'm with you. I too have several key chains and now need the key.

ORIGINAL: Cuda340

We all know that concept cars are always better than production models because they do not have cost or safety constraints. I never expected to see carbon fiber body parts or neon tailights. I did expect to see different bumper treatments because of government crash test standards.

Overall, however, I think that Dodge gave us a great car. [sm=drlove.gif]

I already bought a Challenger key chain. Now, all I need is a $40K key for my Hemi-Orange SRT! [sm=gears.gif]
Old 01-18-2008, 12:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ahhhh the fever pitch is building. You can feel the electricity in the air. I have benn waiting for over 30 years for this car. I had almost given up hope. But Dodge came through for me and anyone else who wants a piece of American Mopar Muscle. They have done a great job and I will not pick it to death. Who thought 5 years ago you could get a Challenger and A Hemi together. That would of seemed impossible and highly unlikely. We get our chance... run with the big dogs or stay on the porch, your choice. You will not hurt my feeling at all. Thank you, thank you, thank you Dodge You have done an awsome job and brought us something we only dreamed of years ago. I am a street warrior and I have my steed back. Happy times are here again from a die hard Mopar guy who has stayed true to the cause. So Mopar to ya and if you don't like the Challenger you see, you can order the little things you want to make it more Retro. The after market and mopar performance will be selling upgrades and body pieces to make your Challenger... well your Challenger. Good luck
Old 01-18-2008, 04:15 PM

Well said!!!!!!!!!
I can't wait to meet a Mustaaaaaaaang at a red light!
Old 01-18-2008, 04:40 PM

ORIGINAL: lear4406

Ahhhh the fever pitch is building. You can feel the electricity in the air. I have benn waiting for over 30 years for this car. I had almost given up hope. But Dodge came through for me and anyone else who wants a piece of American Mopar Muscle. They have done a great job and I will not pick it to death. Who thought 5 years ago you could get a Challenger and A Hemi together. That would of seemed impossible and highly unlikely. We get our chance... run with the big dogs or stay on the porch, your choice. You will not hurt my feeling at all. Thank you, thank you, thank you Dodge You have done an awsome job and brought us something we only dreamed of years ago. I am a street warrior and I have my steed back. Happy times are here again from a die hard Mopar guy who has stayed true to the cause. So Mopar to ya and if you don't like the Challenger you see, you can order the little things you want to make it more Retro. The after market and mopar performance will be selling upgrades and body pieces to make your Challenger... well your Challenger. Good luck
no way to say it better than this. Here here to the year of the Challenger!
[sm=groupwave.gif]
Old 01-18-2008, 05:27 PM
mac

What you do is buy the 40,000 dollar challenger and have the dealership throw in the key chain for free. An expensive way to obtain a free key chain.

Quick Reply: Production vs Concept comparison pictures