Notices
Sights N Sounds Post your pics, videos, and sound clips here.

Production vs Concept comparison pictures

Old 01-17-2008, 10:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Production vs Concept comparison pictures

I also feel unless they did a 100% rebirth it is very close and looks so sweet and we all should be happy. I am one of the people that would love to see a "Go Wing" ( pedistal mount ) option to replace the duck bill. But thats me duck bills always said camaro or firebird to me. Taller or pedistal mount spoilers always said MOPAR MUSCLE to me.
Old 01-17-2008, 11:18 AM

Fort those who don't like it I say...... thank you. You made my wait time shorter and perhaps even saved me a $ or 2.
Old 01-17-2008, 11:19 AM

Dare I say, I hope more people don't like it. That will make my cost to own and wait time better.
Old 01-17-2008, 11:26 AM

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11

Guys I am really struggling and I am hoping it is like Paladin said they are bad pictures.

Take a look at these pictures and tell me honestly what you think.

Right off the bat for me the rear end looks skinny just like they said in Part 7 of the video in redletter and the rectangular exhausts look small and almost square.

Everybody is entitled to their opinion so speak freely.
Would I prefer a pure/exact replica of the concept car? To almost every detail, sure I would (although I prefer the production taillights more than the concept's "bar").

But the thing is, the production car is what we have available to us. The real question should be:
If the concept car didn't exist, and the production car was the only one you'd seen, would you like it enough to buy it?
I'd still answer with an emphatic YES!
Old 01-17-2008, 11:27 AM

First off, I like the Concept better, but apparently we can't have it all. [&:] The production car looks narrower, the rear end is shorter, the nose slopes down and is shorter, spoiler and it's missing the Challenger logo on the side rear. Overall, they removed some of the authentic retro essence and integrated all the current safety and assembly line requirements into the car. It looks like they got as close as they could; I think given the MSPR and the safety regs, it's as close as they could get to the concept. Some good photos next month, and maybe seeing a new one on the dealer showroom will be pretty cool. I like it better than the Mustang and much better than the Camaro. I like it enough to pay MSPR for the 5.7L VCT manual (but not more). I know they said the concept was too big (for whatever reason), but I wish they could have just taken the concept and shrunk its identical shape by 5%. [&:] The challenge for me will be to get the concept out of my mind!
Old 01-17-2008, 01:15 PM

Yes I agree with having to forget the concept, Im sure they will loose the concept photos and replace them with the production model after Feb 6, I think that they over marketed the concept car a little bit, Its all over the place..
I also think that the tail end is the weakest part of the car, also what I dont like is the two strips running down the roof which is not on the concept, and another thing I notice is that they have a large wide black stripe along the bottom to make it appear thinner, what about if the whole car is black???
We could pick it apart forever with just photos, the final say will to actually see one in person, I sure am glad I dont have a deposit for one at way over MSRP though!!!

From allpar.com:
Chrysler assures us that the production car will be practically indistinguishable from the concept.

I guess that all depends on how loosely you use the words "indistinguishable" and "practically"
Old 01-17-2008, 01:31 PM

Another thing I just realized, Is where are you supposed to put the front license plate? It's going to look awful on the bumper! Im in CA and the cops are absolutely anal retentive about this issue...
Old 01-17-2008, 01:46 PM

Ouch, you're gonna have to drill holes into that perfectly good front end?
Old 01-17-2008, 02:02 PM

ORIGINAL: Paladin06

Fort those who don't like it I say...... thank you. You made my wait time shorter and perhaps even saved me a $ or 2.
I'm feelin' that brother!

Go ahead and get out of line, there's alot of Mustangs over there at the Ford dealer. They've probably got a new "special limited edition" something over there to sell you.
Old 01-17-2008, 03:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check out Part VII of the designer video series. Michael Castiglione and Alan Barrington talk about the differences between the concept car and the 2008 production version. Also, they give props to web site such as dodgechallenger. See:

http://www.redletterdodge.com/2008/0.../#comment-1666

Quick Reply: Production vs Concept comparison pictures