Notices
Challenger News This section is only for articles pertaining to, or containing information about the new Dodge Challenger.

New Challenger Interior Pics - Not Good

Old 02-05-2008, 08:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Challenger Interior Pics - Not Good

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2008-...r-srt8/624031/
Old 02-05-2008, 09:16 AM

Default RE: New Challenger Interior Pics - Not Good

This is SO far from the concept. WTF?

[IMG]local://upfiles/196/EC950CF392984097A607D91E9EEF9934.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/196/651FE3AB6F0D4F61BEFCE08DF0D3BA4E.jpg[/IMG]
Old 02-05-2008, 09:18 AM

It's a damn Charger interior, unless I'm mistaken.[:@]
Old 02-05-2008, 09:24 AM

Always new it would look kinda like this. Oh well.....
Old 02-05-2008, 09:26 AM

This may be acceptable to some but I swear I won't buy a pig wrapped in a blanket!!
Old 02-05-2008, 10:17 AM

Me either. I am seriously considering building my own "one off" of the concept at this point.
Old 02-05-2008, 10:18 AM

That's all it is, small Charger, I mean changes, here and there, like the trapazoid vents and the change on the gauges, but that's it. Very disappointing. Well it's good to see DaimlerChyrsler, I mean Chrysler, was bought out by an American company that partially listens to it's customers. I was worried that they weren't going to listen at all.
Old 02-05-2008, 10:57 AM
Super Moderator

First of all, we already have a couple threads on this already. Secondly, it might be similar but not exactly the same as the LX cars. Don't reject it until you see it in person. Sometimes internet pictures distort a work of art. It might not be exactly what we were dreaming of but I mean come on its pretty close. We all knew it would not look exactly like the concept. I agree they could have done a few things different, but it still looks pretty good.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 02-05-2008, 11:54 AM

I swear, I CAN'T understand why anyone cares about the interior.

My God, people, they're bringing back the Dodge Challenger. Aside from whoever's INSIDE the car, WHO CARES what the interior looks like? I've NEVER bought a car -- or DIDN'T buy a car -- because of the appearance of its interior.

Frankly, the interior of the 1970 model WASN'T that much to write home about -- "wood-grain" paneling decals, a console too low to rest your right arm on, a massive front window that let in too much light (I ALWAYS had the visors down), cheap plastic parts that didn't fit together properly ... the list of imperfections goes on and on.

OF COURSE the production interior isn't going to look like the concept car's. And OF COURSE it's going to look a lot like a Charger's interior -- Chrysler, like ANY OTHER car company is going to share as many parts between its vehicles as possible.

Gentlemen, this car is about its external appearance. And I, for one, love the production model's external appearance -- they got rid of the stupid crosshair pattern on the grille and the whole taillight setup now looks more like the '70s rear end. NOTHING ELSE matters.
Old 02-05-2008, 12:04 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: RoswellGrey

I swear, I CAN'T understand why anyone cares about the interior.

My God, people, they're bringing back the Dodge Challenger. Aside from whoever's INSIDE the car, WHO CARES what the interior looks like? I've NEVER bought a car -- or DIDN'T buy a car -- because of the appearance of its interior.

Frankly, the interior of the 1970 model WASN'T that much to write home about -- "wood-grain" paneling decals, a console too low to rest your right arm on, a massive front window that let in too much light (I ALWAYS had the visors down), cheap plastic parts that didn't fit together properly ... the list of imperfections goes on and on.

OF COURSE the production interior isn't going to look like the concept car's. And OF COURSE it's going to look a lot like a Charger's interior -- Chrysler, like ANY OTHER car company is going to share as many parts between its vehicles as possible.

Gentlemen, this car is about its external appearance. And I, for one, love the production model's external appearance -- they got rid of the stupid crosshair pattern on the grille and the whole taillight setup now looks more like the '70s rear end. NOTHING ELSE matters.
I agree with RoswellGrey on most of his points. The exterior looks great and that is what matters the most. Would you buy a car that looks like a Prius on the outside if it had the Challenger concept interior? I know I wouldn't. Remember, this is a Dodge not a Ferrari, for what we are getting, it is still a great deal.

The fact of the matter is the interior is head and heals above the original Challenger's interior. Also the interior between models back then was an awful lot alike. They are just following American tradition.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Quick Reply: New Challenger Interior Pics - Not Good