Notices
Challenger News This section is only for articles pertaining to, or containing information about the new Dodge Challenger.

New Challenger Interior Pics - Not Good

Old 02-05-2008, 12:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Challenger Interior Pics - Not Good

You know what...I CARE! I have to ride in it & frankly I cannot see the outside of the car when I am behind the wheel. I want the entire experience that the concept promises...not a Charger with a two door shell dropped on it.

Why should it OF COURSE look like a Charger interior? Why shouldn't it follow the concept interior closely? Your premises on these points makes no sense. If we followed that logic throughout then OF COURSE the Challenger should be a four door or OF COURSE the Challenger should have the Charger hood or the A-line should get the squished hump of the Charger rather than follow the line inspired by the 70 Challenger.

It is not all about the exterior for all of us and while you can hold that opinion MANY of us do not share your view. I, for one, am animated about the interior because I REALLY, REALLY, love what the concept promised. I would PAY $$ for it but I cannot because it was left in the design studio for the creative guys to wax eloquent about the cool masculine themes they integrated.

I do not mean to sound insulting. I am just responding to your points with some passion.
Old 02-05-2008, 12:29 PM
Super Moderator

Who's to say, the 09 doesn't have a distinguishable Chally interior.

Old 02-05-2008, 12:36 PM

I sure hope so. I would love nothing more than to discover I was getting heated up for no good reason.
Old 02-05-2008, 12:47 PM

Well I'm in total agreement with AWSURE. Am I missing something here? Are we not paying for the interior? To say I don't care about it makes no sense to me at all. [&:]

I have always weighed the interior design and comfort into my buy or don't buy decision. If I don't like the entire package it does not go home to my drive way and draw money from my checking account. I'd look rather silly saying to my wife, friends and family or at my next car show, I sure love this new Challenger but, don't look at the interior because it stinks and looks just like a Charger.

I'm not taking any cheap shots here but please, it's all part of the experience and it's not free..

ORIGINAL: awsure

You know what...I CARE! I have to ride in it & frankly I cannot see the outside of the car when I am behind the wheel. I want the entire experience that the concept promises...not a Charger with a two door shell dropped on it.

Why should it OF COURSE look like a Charger interior? Why shouldn't it follow the concept interior closely? Your premises on these points makes no sense. If we followed that logic throughout then OF COURSE the Challenger should be a four door or OF COURSE the Challenger should have the Charger hood or the A-line should get the squished hump of the Charger rather than follow the line inspired by the 70 Challenger.

It is not all about the exterior for all of us and while you can hold that opinion MANY of us do not share your view. I, for one, am animated about the interior because I REALLY, REALLY, love what the concept promised. I would PAY $$ for it but I cannot because it was left in the design studio for the creative guys to wax eloquent about the cool masculine themes they integrated.

I do not mean to sound insulting. I am just responding to your points with some passion.
Old 02-05-2008, 03:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: awsure

I agree with you 100%. The Challenger is a special car and it should have its own unique interior- not something lifted from another Dodge model. The Charger dash and guages look great in a Charger, but we are not buying Chargers!! I am going to the Philly Auto Show and will reserve final judgment until then.
Old 02-05-2008, 03:35 PM

I agree, it should have its own unigue interior and have a pistol grip! If i wanted a charger interior i would buy one!! anyone thinking the same thing and is going to the challenger debut should tell the dodge people how to build a challenger's interior not a charger's!
Old 02-05-2008, 04:07 PM

I view it the other way around. This is the first 2 door muscle car Dodge has produced in over 25 years. I personally don't think the interior is all that bad. If the car gets too unique the price will reflect it. Most on here complain about the dealers marking the cars up 5k or more but what would it be if there are too many specialized pieces? No one would be able to afford it and it would be another Viper. I'm not discounting anyone else's opinion as you have to spend your money the way you want to. I guess it boils down to not buying it if it bothers you that much. It's definitely not a deal breaker for me. I feel Dodge got far more right than they did wrong. That being said, I do like some aspects of the concepts interior better. The LX cars are scheduled for an update in a year or so(2010). This may be an item that gets looked at.
Old 02-05-2008, 04:08 PM
Super Moderator

Okay, Okay, is everybody finished whining.

First, I will take this car and modified to look the way I want it to with aftermarket parts.

Secondly, I am hoping that a manual 2009 interior may look differently.

Now for the truth......drum roll please!!!!!!

Thirdly, for those of you that do not like the interior.......are you going to get another car now and go to another forum?
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 02-05-2008, 04:19 PM

I'd be interested to know if everyone would hate it as much if the charger didn't exist.
Old 02-05-2008, 04:25 PM

No, I would never leave dodge. (no offense to Jeremiah)

Quick Reply: New Challenger Interior Pics - Not Good